“So this place is pretty much awesome....”

Sint Maarten Guavaberry Company
Ranked #22 of 64 Shopping in Philipsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in a historic 18th-century building, this company sells a rum-based drink that is very popular among the locals.
Long Island City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“So this place is pretty much awesome....”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Honestly, we had so much fun stumbling upon this emporium. I did research before we visited St.Martin and I suppose I overlooked the fact the make their own rum! ( What?!?!) YES! We must have tried just about every single rum they offered, we bought many bottles and shipped several back to the US!

Visited October 2013
4 Thank WorldTravler3

Saint Charles, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Rum”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We found this rum by accident. We first tried the Guavaberry Coladas at the Brothers Bar on Orient Beach. P.S. (The best Colada on Orient Beach!). We found out that we could buy it at the Emporium and have it sent back to the ship, 3 bottles at a time in a shipping box. Our party of 12 bought 3 bottles each and had them sent back to the ship. We have been back to St Maarten 3 times since and always do the same. I enjoy the original and wife likes the Almond flavor.My only wish is that I could buy it back in the States. The upcoming cruise in Feb 2014 does not include St Maarten. Dang! However we are stopping in St Thomas, Antigua, Martinique and St Croix. If anyone knows how to get it to one of these stops, please post.

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Guavaberry souvenir”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We enjoyed Guavaberry Coladas at a variety of restaurants during our visit on St. Maarten, but the Guavaberry Emporium by the far end of Front Street was the place to go if you wanted to haul some of the stuff back home with you.

We were able to sample the guavaberry $21 straight up, or colada style (there goes my vote!), and their guavaberry & papaya bbq sauce $8, and thus we bought.

They neatly packaged our purchases for the trip home and off we went. When I unpacked them at home, even though the airport security had gotten into it and repacked and retaped it all, everything was still in one piece!

PS - from my research, it seemed that since Guavaberry is a local product and is not available elsewhere, I could have packed as much as I wanted into my check in luggage as long as it was one shot through home to the US of A. But I made do with just the one bottle, and later a bottle of another local product - the vanilla banana rum of Ma Doudou.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank shutternut0
Raleigh, North Carolina
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“OMG this stuff is good!”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

OK, so we tried the colada, the rum, and the liquor. All were amazing. We brought home our limit of the rum. It's the best rum I've had, straight (pun intended). I highly recommend you do the same, it's very tasty.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Mike W
Fort Worth
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fun Place and Great Souvenirs”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We visited while cruising with HAL. This is a great spot to visit in St Maarten. They offered a taste of all rums and other products. We bought lots to bring back - as much was we could carry and pack. Very unique and different flavor. My favorite was the almond. Husband liked the mulled best. We went back later in afternoon before returning to the ship and enjoyed a guavaberry colada. It was fantastic! Hope to recreate it at home using the recipes attached to the bottles.

Visited November 2013