We just returned from our second stay at the Pasanggrahan on the Dutch side of St. Maarten. It was like staying with dear, old friends. Once again, the rustic rooms were immaculately clean and very comfortable. Janet, the best bartender in St. Maarten and probably the Caribbean, greeted us with warm hugs and ice cold beers. A welcome fit for royalty as far as we were concerned! The food was wonderful. Try the "pancakes" for breakfast....More like a delicious crepe actually. Thin and crisp on the outside, warm and moist on the inside. Couple that with the finest fresh squeezed OJ around and you are set for the morning! Lunch and dinner are not to be missed either. The food is prepared fresh and is always a delicious experience, especially when served by Maggie or Joyce, two of the most warm and beautiful people on the island! everything about the Pasanggrahan is casual and relaxing and it was so good to once again be treated like family. We are already planning our next trip back to St.Maarten and will never stay anywhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse is St. Maarten's oldest and most charming inn. Formerly a rooster farm, Governor's home, V.I.P. guest house, and Dutch Royal Residence, it is ideally located in Philipsburg on a white sand beach amidst enchanting tropical gardens and enclosed within its original stone walls: a green oasis hidden on Front Street. A national landmark and one of the last bastions of West Indian culture, the Pasanggrahan is secluded and offbeat in the heart of St. Maarten’s capital, and it's a minute's stroll to shops, restaurants, casinos, banks and other institutions and activities. This authentic, colonial style inn has all the special features of a larger hotel including concierge service, the Sidney Greenstreet Bar, boardwalk beach bar, complementary chaise lounges, beach towels, and social hour. “A special place for special people” General Information"This vintage West Indian-style guesthouse has a prime spot on the beach in Philipsburg, sandwiched between the busy, narrow main street of Philipsburg and the harbor. It's set back and shaded under tall trees, a charming relic from another time. In fact, this was once the summer home of the Dutch Queen Wilhelmina, and the interior has a gracious, late-19th-century feel, with peacock bamboo chairs, Indian spool tables, and a gilt-framed oil portrait of the Dutch queen. The small- to medium-size accommodations have queen-size, double, or king-size beds with four-poster designs; some are in the main building and others are in an adjoining annex. The finest have genuine colonial flair, with antique secretaries and four-posters swaddled in mosquito netting, madras valances, hand-stitched quilts, beamed ceilings, and still life paintings. Set among lush palms is the harborfront Pasanggrahan Restaurant, which specializes in fresh fish caught by the hotel's own deep-sea charter fishing boat and family-style dinners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, bedfinder AG and Agoda so you can book your Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse Hotel Philipsburg
- Pasanggrahan Royal Hotel
- Hotel Pasanggrahan Royal
- Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse St Martin / St Maarten/Philipsburg