“This place rocks!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“This place rocks!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Get wet is a must for anyone visiting the bordwalk! The smell from the grill out front draws you in, and the relaxing vibe and cold drinks keep you there. I sat down and was greated with friendly service, and quickly had a frozen guavaberry pina colada in front of me (which was awesome). I ordered a bowl of Mammy's "Famous" fish soup, which I must say isn't a lie! I also had a half rack of ribs with a side of cole slaw, which was some of the best I've ever had. The open air seating was covered by several large trees, which gave this place such a chill setting that its hard to leave. I can't wait to visit the guys at Get Wet the next time I'm on the island! Make sure say hello to Phil and Dave, and all the locals hanging out!

3 Thank traveldevil2014

North Bay, Canada
“Fun little spot”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Being from Canada , we had to stop in when on the board walk . Had some beer, frozen drinks and a snack for $30. Sat in the shade under a tree on their patio, laughed and petted the bars dog "red dog" or something. Yes ,we petted the dog He was fine. Lol. It's worth a visit

1 Thank Shawn G
Emmaus, PA
“Get Ribs at Get Wet Bar”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We looked for the Get Wet Bar the day we arrived in St. Maarten because of the generally good reviews on Trip Advisor and my desire for a laid back alternative to our hotel restaurant at the Holland House. We were lucky to find the place on the boardwalk/promenade on Great Bay just a few blocks from the hotel. The laid back place is tucked into a little corner next to the Pasanggrahan Royal Guesthouse right on the promenade. It is easy to find when open because the smoker for the ribs is located right in front of the little bar/restaurant. We were also lucky we decided to stop in for some soup, ribs, cold beer, and some friendly conversation with our server, David, and the bartender from Toronto, whom I kidded about ice hockey and the Flyers.

We were also lucky for the food and service definitely lived up and actually exceeded the expectations which had generated from the previous reviews. My wife chose the specialty fish chowder and I, of course, chose the ribs with a side of rice and beans. The chowder was excellent according to my wife, but my ribs were the best choice of the day. I offered to share the ribs, but I changed my offer to only one rib after I sampled mine. My wife is not usually a rib lover, but she was sorry we had not ordered more.

We were also lucky to have found a place with such friendly people cooking and serving. David was quick to serve our Presidente, quick to take our order and return with our food, but also happy to linger and talk about the island, the food, and the "resident" finches which hover and land around the gourd of brown sugar which hangs from the massive tree in the center of the restaurant. Before we left we had already decided to stop in the next day for more beer and ribs. My wife wanted her own serving next time.

If you stay in the beach area in Great Bay, be sure to check out the Get Wet Bar. It is far from pretentious, but the ribs are great, the prices are reasonable, and the friendly service is outstanding. Be sure to say hello to David and discuss ice hockey with the bartender.

1 Thank grmm3
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't let the looks of this place fool you!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Was a little leery at first. But decided to try the place anyway and was not disappointed. I had BBQ ribs that were very good. The beer was cool and very affordable. The help was some what laid back but that didn't bother me. I would definitely go back.

1 Thank hlyness
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Average!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Average bar on the boardwalk - closes down early as soon as the cruise boats are ready to leave.

The staff are very friendly and the food/drinks are good, but the atmosphere dies when the boats leave.

By all means try it - it is fun.

1 Thank Nattysimps