“Great casual spot on the beach”
Review of The Get Wet Bar - CLOSED

The Get Wet Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a real local dive, staffed by Canadians, Irishmen and people from all over the world. Locals were propping up the bar for the afternoon.

The food was terrific - amazing BBQ chicken and ribs. It was cheap, the view was good, the service was a little quirky but friendly. A great place to while away the afternoon without the cruise ship crowd hanging around.

1  Thank kateoz

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great ribs, cooked right there, fries with gravy and cheese, cold beer, a great Jameson and Ginger served by an Irishman...what more can you ask for. Had a great time and I will be back next month to try the burger. We were with several friends and they recommended it, I will be bringing more friends.

2  Thank Elizabeth F
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Like everyone says it's the best part of the beach in Philipsburg.
The Get Wet staff always make you feel welcome and can help
you have a great time.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Firstly, let's just say that this is a perfect shady spot to hide away from the mid day sun.
There is no surf and turf nor will you get Creme Brulee for dessert.
However, if you want to have a few beers with friends or even meet some new one's, then this is a great spot for it. We dropped in here later in the day once the Ship crowds had thinned out and sat down and enjoyed the shade on a hot day. We were served by Ron (a fine gentleman from Belfast) who not only served us very well but made us feel as though we'd known him forever. This is indeed a trait of the Irish where (only if they like ya- LOL), they have a warmth that just makes you feel welcome. Well done Ron.
Very good pub grub and comfort food, cold pints and a couple Jamesons with our host.
A great time getting wet at the Get Wet bar. Slainte Mhath!

1  Thank Bob C
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I were cruising with friends who had been here before. They sang their praises so often I think folk songs were written about this bar. After a mountain trail excursion we met them there at 2:00 pm and they had a four hour head start on us. I had a few REALLY cold El Presidente beers and a shag footed Dutch cigar while my wife had a fruity rum drink of unknown provenance that contained coconut milk and nutmeg and was quite tasty. The bar and kitchen are two separate shacks with shady trees over picnic tables in a ally-way between Front Street and a beach. Though we did not have time for food, I do say the BBQ ribs smelled wonderful and my only regrets was not having more time there, however it was long enough for Phil and Irish to nickname me "Hat".