“Great!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I dove with scuba fun as a shore excursion during a cruise and it could not have been a better experience. The dives were beautiful and the staff was most excellent, especially David. They took us to a wreck at 75 feet and than a beautiful reef. I'm an experienced diver and was concerned about diving through a cruise ship especially since I had a poor experience the day before in ST Thomas on a diving shore excursion. I'm glad to say that I could not have been more wrong.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Tony F
AntoineScubaFun_11, Instructor at Scuba Fun Dive Center, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your kind words. We do our best to give our guests a great experience, through good customer care, safety and, of course, fantastic diving. St Maarten is a beautiful destination for diving, with wreck and reef sites and a great abundance of marine life which is, in part, thanks to the Marine Park who work hard to ensure the area is well protected. Thanks again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to diving with you again in the future.

Jude@ScubaFun

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“My PADI Open Water with the best instructors”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

If you are looking for a personalized, one of a kind, experience when being introduced to Scuba Diving... Scuba Fun is for you.
Can't wait for my next visit to go... Advanced!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank prssvicky
So great to hear of your positive experience with us. We were very happy to introduce you to some fabulous diving and get you certified as an Open Water Diver! Thank you for taking the time to share your views and we welcome you back to Scuba Fun to continue your diver education.

Jude@ScubaFun
Staten Island, New York
“Best part of our trip”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband, myself and 13 year old son went on our very first dive this afternoon and we are all hooked! We were picked up at our hotel, which was great because where we are staying (The Westin) is in the middle of nowhere, by a lovely young lady who hails from Scotland. Once at the dive center we met David, our instructor, and Chris, the boat captain. David, from Germany, is so personable and funny, he put us all at ease immediately. Since this is the slow season, we had the boat to ourselves. We felt like we had a private charter. Out on the water, David and Chris explained everything we would need to know to be safe in the water. Every detail was explained verbally AND visually. I was concerned for my son and made sure he paid attention to all instructions, but as it turned out, I was the one who needed reassurance once we got into the water. I had a little (psychological) trouble getting used to breathing underwater. David could not have been more patient and took as much time as I needed to acclimate. Chris was on the boat, giving encouragement and hints about keeping the masks clear as we waited for David to test each of us on safety measures before we went down further.

Once David was sure we all knew what to do, only then did we descend. When we dove down, we immediately encountered a stingray half submerged in the sand. Then we went on to a sunken helicopter and another vessel my son said was a submarine and a portion of a plane. Along the way, David sought out marine life that he could actually put into our hands! There was a stick like creature with lots of legs and a prickly ball type thing that suctioned itself to our hands when turned upside down. There were plenty of fish... perhaps not the extremely colorful ones you might see in an aquarium, but definitely much more interesting than the fish tank at home.

We feel that, for dive novices, this experience was excellent. We felt safe with David and Chris and we want to go back for more! David and Chris, I hope your parents know what wonderful sons they have raised - they should be very proud.

Visited September 2012
AntoineScubaFun_11, Instructor at Scuba Fun Dive Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Elayne,

We are so glad to hear that you had a fantastic afternoon with us. We do our best to provide good customer care, patient and informed instruction, whilst providing a safe and exhilarating experience.
Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts and taking the time to reveiw us on Tripadvisor. We hope to welcome you back to Scuba Fun in the future.

Jude@Scuba Fun
Crestview, Florida
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Another great experience with Scuba Fun”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was my second year visiting St. Maarten and the second time diving with Scuba Fun Center. I must say that they lived up to my expectations once again. They are a top-of-the-line dive center. They offered pick-up and were promptly on time every day that I dove with them. Their divemasters are very knowledgable and make sure you have memorable and carefree dives each and every dive. I went on this trip solo and they made sure that I was paired up with someone on each dive. In fact, there were lots of solo divers there. No matter what level of diver you are, I highly recommend Scuba Fun Center.

Visited August 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Completed Rescue dive course at Scuba Fun”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I visit St Maarten weekly and was surprised by the quick and accurate information, friendly and helpful staff I met at Scuba Fun. My rescue diver instructor Judith and all crew onboard were as helpful as it can possibly be. Did the course and would never have gotten better guidance and attention somewhere else and would recommend Scuba Fun to everyone that want to upgrade their diving certifications.

Wynand

Visited June 2012
Dear Wynand,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We do our best to provide thorough instruction so our students advance through the PADI educational system with enhanced knowledge, diving skills and confidence. We are very glad to hear you had a great expericence and look forward to diving with you again in the near future.

Jude@Scuba Fun