“i am still recovering”
Review of Bliss Restaurant & Nightclub - CLOSED

Bliss Restaurant & Nightclub
Reviewed May 20, 2013

i may have reviewed this place once before, but if i have, it is worth doing again. Bliss is one of the rarest night club spots around. probably one of the rarest types in the world. what a beautiful location. they are right at the far end of Maho beach right behind the Sunset beach bar (ya.....that place where everyone goes to see the planes. lol) it is an outdoor club that has its own pool, cabana lounges, and V.I.P. areas. they offer an all u can drink night for only 20 bucks and that includes entrance to the club. ya cannot beat that. and i think fridays was $3 drinks. we went twice this trip (they were closed last trip so we had to make up for it). but be warned.....the drinks are strong and music is fast and loud. just the way we like it !! but the fun doesn't really get rolling until well after midnight. just the way it is down here.
my only complaint was that i tried contacting the club by email to find out details about the vip areas and to possibly reserve a table as a special treat for my wife, but they never answered me. i suppose they might believe that if you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

5  Thank rick00001967

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in Simpsons Bay, Saint Maarten last year with 4 other friends at the end of July, early August, because of a great groupon we got. Though we had fun with the many things to do in SXM, my biggest regret was not going to this Club instead of Tantra. We were poorly misadvised, so here is my review in an effort to save any of you reading this from making the same mistake, please make sure you get this one in over the others on the dutch side if you are pressed for time like we were. We went to tantra the first night, nothing like what we wanted (you can read more in my review for Tantra) the second night some of the group went to bliss, but I couldnt go because i dropped dead from exhaustion after a full day at mullet and maho and tons of walking. Their pictures looked awesome, they had a blast, it was a nice opened aired beachy party lounge/bar with a nice pool in the center, good music, good crowd, lots of chairs and places to lounge, all of which you can see in the pictures posted by other viewers. Also be aware that this is close to the Maho Bay, and if you plan to go early by 10ish, you can save tons of money on cabs by instead taking the "bus" (buses are really just vans with different license plates that charge $1 and change per person, check my review of Maho Bay for more info.) Im sure its 5 star, but since I wasnt actually there myself, I will give it a 4 to be fair. Hope this advice reaches you sooner than it did us.

4  Thank eLLeisiLL
Reviewed January 17, 2013

great club for dancin old school to current hiphop... fun staff, decent drinks, the only place to party.. open till 6am....

2  Thank russellorlando77
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We enjoyed the taxi tour, the guide took us around the whole Island. We stopped at Orient Beach to check out the sites, that was a clothing optional beach! The tour guide gave us the history of the French and the Dutch side of the Island, Shopping in the port was exceptional. I bought a Philip Stein Watch there.

3  Thank Kerry D
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A $10 cover at the door and a gorgeous setting. The pool is surrounded by cabanas that on most nights, require bottle service. We got there a little earlier than the locals usually come out (around 1am) and sat in a cabana and drank before dancing. The alcohol was very cheap (for a New Yorker, about $4 a beer) and the music was good. There are two bars so not much of a wait for drinks. It's pretty fun dancing just inches from the ocean. I have no complaints and had a good time. Definitely check it out if you're in Maho.

3  Thank TPA1592