“Make SURE you hit this club over other before leaving Saint Maarten”
Review of Bliss Restaurant & Nightclub - CLOSED

Bliss Restaurant & Nightclub
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in Simpsons Bay, Saint Maarten last year with 4 other friends at the end of July, early August, because of a great groupon we got. Though we had fun with the many things to do in SXM, my biggest regret was not going to this Club instead of Tantra. We were poorly misadvised, so here is my review in an effort to save any of you reading this from making the same mistake, please make sure you get this one in over the others on the dutch side if you are pressed for time like we were. We went to tantra the first night, nothing like what we wanted (you can read more in my review for Tantra) the second night some of the group went to bliss, but I couldnt go because i dropped dead from exhaustion after a full day at mullet and maho and tons of walking. Their pictures looked awesome, they had a blast, it was a nice opened aired beachy party lounge/bar with a nice pool in the center, good music, good crowd, lots of chairs and places to lounge, all of which you can see in the pictures posted by other viewers. Also be aware that this is close to the Maho Bay, and if you plan to go early by 10ish, you can save tons of money on cabs by instead taking the "bus" (buses are really just vans with different license plates that charge $1 and change per person, check my review of Maho Bay for more info.) Im sure its 5 star, but since I wasnt actually there myself, I will give it a 4 to be fair. Hope this advice reaches you sooner than it did us.

4  Thank eLLeisiLL

Reviewed January 17, 2013

great club for dancin old school to current hiphop... fun staff, decent drinks, the only place to party.. open till 6am....

2  Thank russellorlando77
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We enjoyed the taxi tour, the guide took us around the whole Island. We stopped at Orient Beach to check out the sites, that was a clothing optional beach! The tour guide gave us the history of the French and the Dutch side of the Island, Shopping in the port was exceptional. I bought a Philip Stein Watch there.

3  Thank Kerry D
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A $10 cover at the door and a gorgeous setting. The pool is surrounded by cabanas that on most nights, require bottle service. We got there a little earlier than the locals usually come out (around 1am) and sat in a cabana and drank before dancing. The alcohol was very cheap (for a New Yorker, about $4 a beer) and the music was good. There are two bars so not much of a wait for drinks. It's pretty fun dancing just inches from the ocean. I have no complaints and had a good time. Definitely check it out if you're in Maho.

3  Thank TPA1592
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Instead of doing the usual tourist things on St Martin, we jumped on the local bus on Back Street and went to Mako Beach. This is the beach at the end of the airport runway. The bus cost 1.50 a person. At the beach there are two bars one on each end. As advertised the planes come in right over the beach. We waved at several planes and on one occassion the piloit tiped his wings to wave back. We were there for several take offs and the jet and prop wash really gives you a thrill ride. A word of caution this can be dangerous so find a place where you can plant your self to avoid being blown away.
Taking the local transportation saves considerable amount of money. It we had more time we would have taken one of the buses over to Margot again the bus cost is a lot lower than a cab.

3  Thank shaff42