“A Class act”
Review of Tyt Lynz Guide Services - CLOSED

Tyt Lynz Guide Services
More attraction details
Owner description: Tyt Lynz Guide Service offers onshore fishing on St. Maarten as an alternative for the casual fisherman as well as world-class fishing for the experienced hard-core angler. Tarpon and Jack Crevalle abound in the prestine waters but the most sought after are the snook that will challenge your personal record. Little to no fishing pressure makes for wonderful memories and big fish.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friend and I booked a trip with Richard. Richard put us on the fish. We targeted snook and tarpon. We did get snook to the shore, but were unable to land a tarpon. Richard's experience and knowledge of the island and the type of fishing we were doing was second to none. We were unable to schedule a second trip with Richard because of our itinerary, but he gave us enough information that later in our trip we were able to fit in some fishing on our own and hooked up with some monster tarpon. This guy is a class act and very personable. After our morning of fishing, we went with Richard to a local watering hole for a few beers. I would not hesitate to book again with Richard. John and Butch

1  Thank Schades6090
"lines"
in 3 reviews
"lures"

Reviewed September 25, 2012

For those of you looking to actually fish and not just troll around on a boat drinking beers, look no further than Richard. As soon as I knew we were visiting St. Martin I started looking into what fishing opportunities were available. I knew I wanted to catch tarpon and if I had the chance snook. Since the majority of my background is fly fishing for trout in streams or bass and other species in lakes and rivers, I figured it would be a good idea to look into a guide. I decided to book Richard for an afternoon trip. This was my first time hiring a guide to take me fishing and I'm so glad I did. First of all, Richard is a great guy and is an expert on the species, places to fish on the island and most importantly - how to catch them. While he's not a fly fishing guide, he encouraged me to bring along my fly rod and gave lots of valuable advice on catching tarpon and snook on the fly. I ended up sticking with his spinning gear during the trip and was able to land my first snook. We went to about three different beaches and then hit a spot to target tarpon once it was dark. While I didn't land a tarpon, Richard kindly offered to take me out again later in the week in search of the silver king. Unfortunately, our schedules didn't line up but thanks to his advice I was able to manage a couple tarpon strikes on my fly rod the following day. If it weren't for the faulty knot I tied I may have bagged my first tarpon and on my fly rod no less. Whether you're an experienced fisherman or have never fished before Richard will put you on the fish and give you the knowledge needed to catch them, and the rest, well..that's up to you! We'll definitely be back to St. Martin and when we return you can bet I'll book another trip with Richard.

2  Thank rls255
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Let us first start by saying, “We had a Blast”! Richard is the most patient person we’ve met in a long time! My husband and I called Richard to schedule a fishing trip two days prior to leaving the island. As captured in other reviews, he went out of his way to accommodate us prior to our departure. My husband required minimal instruction initially but left poor Richard the task of teaching me how to cast the line. Within 2-3 attempts I was well on my way. He delivered exactly what was promised: The best fishing spots St. Maarten has to offer. We could see Tarpon jumping and rolling on the surface of the water! Shortly into the trip, our lines would tighten and the fight was on! Back to back, alternating between the two of us, Richard would run to assist. It was the most excitement my husband and I had experienced on a fishing trip in years! The funniest part (we chose to laugh not cry) was that out of more than twenty hits and several tarpon going airborne, we were not able to land a single fish! We are going to chalk that up to being first time Tarpon fishers! We will be back and if we never land a fish, I hope it will be just as exciting. Thank you for the Good Times Richard—See you soon! Felecia and Steve

Reviewed May 25, 2012

My husband and I had a fun experience with Richard at St. Martin. First time to go on shore fishing with a pro outside of my country, Ontario Canada. Richard is very friendly and brought us to various fishing spots. So exciting to see a group of big fishes were jumping out of the water at 6 in the morning, Richard told us there must be a way bigger fish down there. I never thought of there are such big fishes we could able to catch at the shore. Thank you Richard for all the fun time and your fishing tricks!

1  Thank Flo K
See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My friend Richard and I fished with Richard ( the guide ) on 4/9/12 ...I called him the day before and he slipped us in for a morning trip...He was a little late for the 5AM pick up (not his fault...an Easter parade or run/walk was going on down the main streets)...but he more than made up for the late start, as we fished for easly 2 extra hours on the back end. We provided nothing...he did it all, tackle, bait, car, gas...everything. We fished 4 spots and caught, tarpon, snook, jack cravel, and lady fish...We had a ball...After wards he took us to one of the local bars for a beer. Richard (the guide) is a pleasure to fish and to socialize with...A great guy and a knowledgeable guide that WILL put you on fish...I highly recomend his service.

1  Thank Butch W