Tyt Lynz Guide Services - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Tarpon Anyone?

My teenage son and I booked an afternoon trip with Richard. We are somewhat novices, who fish once... read more

Reviewed April 4, 2016
TitoSanchez
Atlanta, Georgia
Great fishing

Such a great guide and a friendly guy. He picked us up at our condo and quickly brought us to our... read more

Reviewed December 22, 2017
Clint A
via mobile

All reviews great guide great fishing great trip tarpon cast condo
Reviewed September 23, 2011

“We recently had an opportunity to hire Tyt Lynz as our guide for in-shore fishing in St. Maarten. It was a wonderful experience, that I would recommend to anybody looking to fish in St. Maarten. Richard, the owner of Tyt Lynz, is top notch any way you look at it.

I’ve had an opportunity to hire fishing guides in multiple places and there are several things I hope for: easy to schedule/work with, value for my money, and an enjoyable experience. There are never any guarantees with fishing trip. However, if the guide knows their stuff, offers a good value, and is enjoyable to work with, fun will be had. Richard will make all of those things happen for you.

We booked a trip in September in the middle of hurricane season. A tropical storm blew into the island just before our planned fishing trip. Richard accommodated our schedule and found a day that easily fit our schedules and provided the best opportunity to catch fish. This was not an easy task due to the weather messing with fishing conditions.

Once we started the fishing, Richard was full of knowledge that put us on good spots to land fish. He offered insight on techniques that also helped. His equipment was good, and he was well-prepared. We landed a couple decent sized tarpon and had a great time exploring the island with Richard.

Most importantly it was an awesome time. Richard is a great guy, who is a pleasure to be around. His background in education meant that kids all over the island knew him and happily greeted him everywhere we were. On multiple occasions locals remarked to us what a wonderful impact he had on them. He provided great information on the island and was a pleasure to talk to. He’s the kind of people I want to spend time around, whether I’m fishing or not.

The in-shore fishing in St. Maarten is not as well known as other places in the world, but it should be. The tarpon and snook are numerous and large. If you’re looking to do some fishing in St. Maarten, book this guy. You’ll enjoy it. You’ll catch some fish, and you’ll have a great time.

Date of experience: September 2011
3  Thank GDrinnen2
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Richard is an amazing guide. Not only did he put me on some fish (tarpon in the surf), but he also did an amazing job showing me a variety of places to go by myself while i spent 2 weeks in SXM. Although not specifically a fly fisher, Richard had a wealth of information on how to fish the inshore waters of SXM. If you want a great knowledgable guide, sign up with Richard.

Date of experience: June 2011
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My dad and I were looking to shallow water fish in St. Marteen, and I came across Richard's website. He is one of the few, if not the only, shallow water guide in the area. Richard provides all the necessary fishing gear, however he is not a fly fishing guide. With that said he encouraged me to bring my own fly fishing gear, and I did.

My dad caught a snook first thing in the morning, and Richard helped us get it to a restaurant that prepared us an excellent meal a few days later.

After visiting a few other spots I landed some small jack crevalle, a ladyfish, 2 tarpon, and a pompano on my flyrod. Although the fish were small, all except the ladyfish were new species on the fly for me. I've been with guides that specialize in fly fishing and caught less fish with them. The day was very enjoyable, and Richard was very personable. In addition to the fishing, Richard showed me where I should fish later in the week on my own. I did quite well on the tarpon, jumping around 8 (the biggest probably around 40lbs) and landing 2 around 10-15 lbs. and 20-25 lbs. if grabbing the leader counts as landing. If you book with Richard I recommend booking early in the week, and if nothing else you will know where to fish throughout you're stay.

Date of experience: May 2011
10  Thank thacarterg10
Reviewed April 30, 2011

After twenty years of visiting St. Martin I went fishing with my grandsons, ages 14, 12, & 8. Richard was great, treated us like family. From cathching live bait to fishing off the rocks to beach fishing the boys had a fantastic time. Richard is a real pro. Looking forward to doing this again.
Thanks Richard,
Mike, Tim, Steven & Shane

Date of experience: March 2011
1  Thank GrandpaMCM
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Fished with the Tyt Lynz guide service in March, 2011. Richard is an outstanding fisherman and guide. He goes above and beyond in his efforts to ensure you have a memorable and productive in-shore fishing experience. I highly recommend hiring him for a fishing guide while on the island, you will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: March 2011