1,037 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun suiteour honeymoonanse chastanettotal romance packageclub restauranthelicopter rideonce in a lifetimejazzy cruisejungle bikingsister hotelopen bathroom
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Our trip to Jade Mountain was booked through AAA Mid-Atlantic Travel Agency / Travel Impressions. This is a long review and I hope most will take the time to read it.

My husband and I traveled to Jade Mountain 9/10 - 9/18/10 for my husbands 50th birthday. We stayed in the Star Sanctuary, JA3 located on the "main level". We would like to have been offered an upgrade; however, our major domo said the resort was full to capacity during our stay. We paid extra for the all-inclusive meal plan when we booked our trip ... it's so worth not having to worry about how much we would have been spending on food and beverages. Note, there are a few "specialty cocktails" and wines by the bottle that are not included on the all-inclusive meal plan. If you ask for name brand liquor, then you will be charged extra, but if you just ask for a gin/tonic,etc ... no extra charge.

Getting to Jade from Int'l airport is about an one hour taxi ride. The roads are curvy, but if you get a good driver, they'll take it slow. Our taxi driver did drive slow, he talked about the island and it's cultures, explained the schools (where ever there is a speed bump, there's a school) and even stopped along the way to allow me to take pictures. The dirt/gravel road leading up to Jade Mountain from the town of Soufriere is bumpy. Just be aware that no part of the road is paved so if anyone does book a trip Jade, do not let this part of getting to the resort come as a surprise. I had read about the road in many reviews and it's not as bad as some make it out to be. Simply said, it's a gravel road and that's part of the experience..

Upon arrival, we were greeted at Jade Reception with a cool mint cloth and escorted to our sanctuary. Our major domo was waiting for us at which time we went over the details of our stay (i.e. meal plan, incidentals, etc). Our sanctuary, JA3, was beautiful. Our infinity pool was tiled in green (all the pools are tiled in different colors), we had an amazing bed/pillows that were so comfortable, breathtaking views and a breeze that we wish we could take with us home. Our frig was fully stocked with sodas, water, beer, juices and champagne chilled on ice. The major domo will give you a phone to use during your stay. The 'firefly" phone works well in most places but considering the resort is in a rain forest, reception at times can be difficult. The phone is for your use to contact your major domo whenever you need anything such as a shuttle ride to/from the beach, dinner/spa reservations, drinks to your room ... anything that you may need, just call. It may take a few minutes to get what you need, but you'll get it. For example, we called for cocktails and 1 day it took 30 minutes and another day it took less than 10 minutes for us to get our beverages.

There are 3 bags hanging on the back of the sanctuary door; "privacy please", "room service", "housekeeping". Use the bags! There are room service breakfast order forms and afternoon tea forms in the folder you receive upon arrival. Just mark on the form what you want to eat and put it in the "room service bag" and hang it on your santcuary door. It's a great service to use. Just an FYI ... I had checked "2" banana bread and chocolate chip cookies for afternoon tea thinking we would only receive 2 pieces of each but you get 2 pieces per plate so we ended up with 4 of each and alot of food. We eventually had to start pacing ourselves with our food intake so we could enjoy dinner in the evenings. It's so hard not to over eat when you have so many choices to choose from.

There are birds ... you're in a rain forest! It's quite amazing to wake up at 5am to the sounds of the birds. They will fly into your sanctuary ... but that's part of the experience. If you leave food out, thee birds will peck at it. We gave one bird a sugar cube each morning.

Bugs and mosquitoes: we did not have any bugs in our sanctuary. I didn't get bit by mosquitoes which surprised me since we were on a lower level of the resort. I took enough bug repellent to last me the entire week and didn't even open the bottle a single time while there. I did get a few "sand flea" bites while on the beach; nothing out of the ordinary or any different that you would get visiting a beach in the states.

The beaches are beautiful. We walked down to the Piton Bar, got a drink and then went on to the beach. The Piton Bar is at Anse Chastanet and about the 1/2 way point to the beach. The cocktails are good ... loved the CoCo LoCo's! There are steps at the reception area of Anse Chastanet that will lead you directly down to Anse Chastanet Beach and right in front of the beach attendants. The resort supplies all the beach towels ... no need to pack those. At each beach "hut", there is a yellow flag on a pole. Place the pole in the sand behind you and that is a clue to the beach staff that you need something, i.e. drinks, food, towels, etc.

There is another hidden beach, per say ... Anse Mamin Beach. This beach is much more secluded, very quiet, very relaxing ... perfect in every way. You can take water taxi from the main beach or walk 5 - 10 minutes north and you'll be there. The Jungle Reef Bar and Grill is at Anse Mamin Beach and the chef, Jake, is known for his "Jake Burger". The burger is like no other I have ever had .... he even cooks his own bread on the grill and it's no ordinary hamburger bun. The burger is huge ... my husband and I ended up sharing one. Of couse, there are side dishes ... salad, veggies, etc. Plenty of food and cocktails, sodas, spirits, water. Go to St. Lucia prepared to eat lots of food!

Kai En Ciel Spa, ahhh, perfect in every way. We visited the spa 3x during our stay. We had the Sea Weed Mud Wrap, Sensuous Wave Jojoba Butter Cocoon Wrap and Hydrating Aloe Body Wrap. Highly recommend those treatments and we picked treatments that you normally would not find at spas in the States.

Private dinner: I had arranged for a private beach dinner while at Jade before our arrival. I worked through the details of the dinner with Sabine, Jade Mountain Guest Services Manager. We had the "silver set-up" at the far end of the beach away from all the restaurants. Dinner was at 6:30pm; major domo will escort you from your sanctuary to the dinner. Bronny was our waitress and she did a fabulous job of making our dinner special.

We went on a private excursion ... all we did was ask "JUNGLE" ... he drives the water taxi between Anse Chastanet and Anse Mamin beaches. Be sure to get the green/yellow
boats with the blue awning; any other water taxi you are subject to being charged for the service. My husband just asked if he would take us on a tour and the response was "you take care of the captain, I'll take care of you". So, for a few American Dollars ... we got an amazing tour of the surrounding area. Jungle is very knowledgable of the area, explained alot about the town of Soufriere, showed us a bat cave, pointed out many private homes sitting on the cliffs and even showed us 2 other resorts nearby.

We had the pleasure of meeting a couple from Miami, Fl on Thursday, 9/16/10. To protect the privacy of the couple, I will not release their names, but the lady was with Venue Magazine. She was a writer/editor and and she was doing a story on Jade Mountain and it's sister resort Anse Chastanet. The couple was staying in JE1 ... the Galaxy Sanctuary ... the same sanctuary that the Bachelor (Jake) was filmed in. The couple invited us to their room and JE1 is absolutely stunning ... breath taking views. During our visit with the couple, we were introduced to one of the owners of Jade Mountain, Karolin Troubetzkoy. We learned so much about Jade Mountain and it's concept and it's a truly amazing piece of work. We also know that Karolin gets daily reports from Trip Advisor so I hope she will recognize those staff members we mention and praise/reward them for their hard work and dedication.

We would like to recognize a few staff members who went over and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Starting with Jade Club: Romiah (wait staff), Daniella (wait staff), Uyre (bartender/wait staff), Allain and Christus (major domos). The Spa: Tonya (receptionist), Stella (massage therapist) and one other but I didn't get her name .... it starts with an "S' and she worked with Stella when my husband and I had our treatments. Olivet, she is very friendly too. Anse Chastanet Beach: Bronny (beach staff and private dinner waitress). Anse Mamin Beach: Bentley (beach attendant).

Each of these individuals went over and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. Some of them, for example, Tonya from the Spa, we were on first name basis with her. The staff are highly competent and will do anything for you. All the staff put on their professional faces for you but once you get to know them, they are so friendly and cordial. We wanted them not just feel like they had to serve us, but we wanted to be friends with them. Get to know the staff, where they're from, how they got to where they are ... it's worth it! If you ever have the opportunity to visit Jade Mountain, be sure to seek out these individuals ... you will not be disappointed.

In closing, my husband sums up the resort in a few short words. If you come to Jade Mountain wanting to party, then you are in the wrong place. Jade Mountain is a place for those who want to look into the eyes of your spouse and cherish the memories of why you married your spouse, rekindle romance, star gaze, be in awe of the amazing sunrises, sunsets and relax.

We plan to return to Jade Mountain for our 10th Wedding Anniversary ... 2015.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank GremlinVA
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Jade Mountain for 5 nights in early Sept. 2010 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We were concerned about the weather as this is their rainy season, but going at this time turned out to be in our favor. The resort was at half capacity, we were upgraded automatically from a star to a moon sanctuary, often we were the only ones in the restaurant and on the top deck and the tours/activities were not crowded. Yes we had a little rain almost every day, but that didn't stop everyone, including us, from participating in the actitivities. We did the Total Romance Package and really enjoyed the variety of activities. The service is the best in the world and every staff member that we met was very accommodating. Jade Mountain is an utterly fantastic place and worth the price!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Jade Mountain is a walk in the clouds. From the moment you arrive you are treated like you are the ONLY guests staying at the resort...and you might believe it because the only time we interacted with other couples was at dinner at the Club on top of the resort. We stayed in JE3 at the very top left corner of the resort and in our opinion the best sanctuary available. Here is an outline of some key points.

Service: Anything you want, anytime you want. Your room has 3 bags that you use during the trip, "housekeeping", "privacy please", and "room service". If you desire room service you fill out a room service form, place it in the bag, and hang it outside your wooden door and your request is fulfilled. Room service is available for all 4 meals a day. (There is a 4th meal called afternoon tea consisting of wine, tea, and canapes) Houskeeping and Privacy Please are both self explanatory. The Major Doms Teddy and Okeda are very professional, and friendly.

Food: Once in a lifetime cuisine experience. Every meal served in Jade Mountain is prepared perfectly. Everything is fresh, from scratch, and harvested locally and when possible organically. Breakfast is a set menu with fresh juices changing daily. Lunch and Dinner have a few signature items and then fresh creations daily as well. If you are visiting during the week definitely try the Indian restaurant called Aspara on the beach.

Sanctuary: Your own piece of heaven. The sanctuaries are so uniquely designed for a truly romantic experience. The sanctuary is entirely open onto the view of the Piton Mountains and the rainforest below. There are no doors in your room, except for your entry door. The bathroom, bedroom, and sitting area are all one. Not at all like a studio suite- a once in a lifetime experience with nature and your spouse. *Mosquitoes*-not to worry! I had a few mosquito bites when I returned home, but nothing to cry over! You are sleeping in a rainforest, aren’t you? There are mosquito repellent coils available in your room. And trust me, when you get home you will not be able to sleep without the sound of the rainforest.

Amenities: World Class! We had a couple’s massage while we were there and it was a far better massage than you would receive at home in the spa. The toiletries provided were excellent, Molton Brown out of London. Didn’t get a chance to visit the exercise room, but heard it was great.

We had the Total Romance Package and I 100% recommend it. For our honeymoon it was totally worth it to be able to relax, and not worry about what we ordered and drank. It includes a taxi from the airport which is convenient. Be prepared to tip if you purchase the package.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlassHalfFull17
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My husband and I went here for our 10 year anniversary as we really wanted to treat ourselves. Nowadays it seems as if you can make it 10 years in a marriage it is a true reason to celebrate so we went all out.

Let me just say this was the best vacation of my life which is saying a lot since I have been to Hawaii and also other Caribbean islands. I have never felt so pampered and taken care of.

We follow mainly a vegetarian diet with the exception of consuming certain fish and the major domos (butlers) were very accommodating and willing to help us out in anyway possible.

PROS
1. We stayed in room JB5 which is the Moon Sanctuary and God it was amazing!
2. Bento Box free of charge delivered to your room and inside your fridge every day around 2pm.
3. Butlers to assist you from 7am-11pm daily and you are provided with a cell phone that just contacts them or the hotel reception that works anywhere on the island.
4. St. Lucia's motto: No pressure, No problem
5. People on the island are amazingly friendly. They are very warm-hearted an welcoming wherever we went.
6. The food at Jade Club is out of this world. Also very accommodating.

CONS
1. Mosquitoes are ruthless so bring your own repellent. I did and even sprayed it on the bed. Mine was an all natural brand that you can find at Whole Foods. I also had brought an all natural itching lotion that helped. Thank god the hotel sprays and does what it can b/c I'm sure it would have been worse.
2. Jade Mountain is over 1 hour away from the shopping area and it is very expensive to go there $75 by taxi so we didn't go. We ended up buying a few things from the airport instead.

This is a vacation that will stay with me for the rest of my life and truly I felt like a princess. I wouldn't mind even coming back if I could get a good deal again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VacaMamaNJ
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We booked Jade Mountain for our honeymoon based on the many hundreds of excellent reviews that we had read, and we have to say we were not disappointed. The only way we could describe it was like a luxurious tree house in "Never Never Land"...or Avatar's "Pandora"! We were totally blown away by our sanctuary, we stayed in JB2 and it was breath-taking. We will never forget this place and would urge others to go for it if you are looking for the ultimate honeymoon.

Pros:
1. Food at the Jade Club is outstanding. Go for the All Inclusive package and you can eat here every night. Menu changes every day and we were always impressed.
2. The rooms are out of this world. Never have and never will stay in a room with a better view.
3. The infinity pools are amazing, perfect temperature, very clean.
4. major domos (private butlers) cannot do enough for you, always friendly and attentive.
5. Anse beach is glorious.

Cons (if you can call them that!):
1. Mosquitoes are gong to be a problem, in response to a previous review that used this against the hotel we would say...what did you expect in the jungle!? Jade mountain do all they can to eliminate this issue. They spray all rooms while you are at dinner, light repellent candles, have very good nets over all the beds and the resort itself is regularly fumigated using natural pesticide. We worried about this before we went and had no need to, bring your own repellent and bite relief as you would on any other foreign holiday.
2. Other restaurants included in the All inclusive package we did not find to be a patch on Jade Club. Having said this, it would be hard to compete! We just had one bad meal at one of the Anse restaurants which was a shame.
3. Excursions are pricey so bear this in mind. We did the jungle biking which was very good, but we felt the water taxis to the shopping excursions and the zip-lining were over-priced.

Despite the few cons that we have listed, if you are looking for somewhere to relax and unwind in paradise then this is the place to go. It is heavenly!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple