1,037 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun suiteour honeymoonanse chastanettotal romance packageclub restauranthelicopter rideonce in a lifetimejazzy cruisejungle bikingsister hotelopen bathroom
Reviewed July 16, 2010

FIRST and foremost....the mosquitoes...I have 48 bug bites just on my legs!!!

The road getting there was unmarked....and rocky...then when we got there and they knew we were coming...our room was not ready...

We made two spa appointments and our threapists didn't show up...so I decide to go into the jacuzzi and spend 1/2 filling it up...and that doesn't work...

We order room service and ask them to pick up the trays...no one does for 5hrs and we get back to a room filled with birds and bird poop!

I will say the food at the Jade Mountian Resturant was one of the best meals we ever had...so that was the only thing worth the trip!

Room is nice...really beautiful...but not worth 1200 a night...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
19  Thank spotlightstyle
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I'm planning my return trip to Jade Mountain and thought I should mention about my over the top first stay there!
I've never been to a place like this! It's totally other-worldly in design and concept. The idea of basically sleeping outside at the edge of a pool- in a full four poster luxury bed is just too decadent to imagine- you have to do it! My room was over the top beautiful- spacious, quiet, spotlessly clean and had a view- the pitons- that just completely fascinated me. It was serene and calming and changed ever so slightly every few minutes.
The guests tend to be mostly couples on a (very) romantic holiday, but in my case I craved privacy and quiet to decompress. I found it here. Everything- and I mean everything is taken care of by the staff on your whim. I didn't leave my room for 3 days and yet ate like a king, had full massage treatments, and relaxed like I'd never been able to before. The rooms are referred to as Sanctuary's and believe me, they are. Once that door closes you are in your own private 'space' with a high high ceiling, a large full swimming pool!, a deep whirlpool tub (for four??) and a great huge walk around shower.
I didn't have any problem with bugs- a stray mosquito now and then (welcome to the Caribbean!) but the early sunrise does indeed bring out the birds. But what a way to wake up in the morning; birdsong, instead of that alarm clock.
On day four I ventured out a bit and took in the rest of the resort- which is much like a botanical garden with fish ponds, palm trees, hundreds and hundreds of flowering bushes and plants and hummingbirds flitting everywhere. It's hard not to be delighted.
The food is very good. Its not your average resort hotel food- so don't be disappointed if your palate is stretched a bit with new flavours. Try a bit of everything.
To wrap up, I have to mention that at the end of a long day touring the island I was returning just before dark and feeling a bit decadent I called ahead to ask if someone could fill my bathtub so I could just fall into it when I got there prior to dinner.
- when I walked in my room not only was the tub full of hot water - and overflowing with bubbles- but it was ringed with lit candles, a couple of rock glasses where sitting on the ledge with a bucket of ice AND a decanter of my favorite bourbon was waiting for me beside it. ( unexpected, very welcome, and nailed it in my mind that someone was paying very close attention)
I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank bdowntown
Reviewed July 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Jade Mountain on our winter escape from Chicago this year. It's not hard to beat Chicago in February but if you are looking to escape to one of the best places on the planet - Jade Mountain is it. The staff was wonderful - friendly, professional, very attentive. The food was superb - they have a very gifted chef. We are avid divers and if you are headed to St. Lucia - Jade is situated right in the heart of the best diving spots so you aren't traveling for hours on a boat to get diving. I gave the sleep quality one less star for the sole reason that Jade is a unique resort as you can see from the website. The very unique, spacious, well appointed and comfortable rooms are open on one side which we thought was very cool. If you are the type of person who is looking for Vegas-style blackout curtains, these rooms won't work for you but in all other respects, you will love it. We would return to this resort in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Wow, wow, wow. As my husband and I first entered our room at Jade Mountain resort, we literally could not stop giggling with excitement. Jade is beyond exquisite and one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Our first day we were led to the gorgeous beach where we were able to relax at the most picturesque beach we had ever visited. We were able to take in some really fun snorkeling and later took a fascinating guided historical walking tour of the area.
Our room was fit for a king and queen with all of the amenities one could ever ask for. Imagine a large bath tub overlooking a vanishing pool that overlooks the Pitons and the ocean...what a once in a lifetime opportunity! The beauty is breathtaking.
We were able to watch the sunset at the top of the Jade Mountain Club which is highly recommended...the best we saw by far during our stay in St. Lucia. The food at the Club was right out of a 5 star restaurant with service to match.
Our major domo was there for anything we needed and all of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

We had such a good time! Jade is truly amazing and we cannot wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

The rooms are remarkable. A gorgeous infiniti pool, comfortable and lush linens and towels. A view I couldn't get enough of. Being a plant and flower lover, I thoroughly enjoyed walking around simply taking in all of the beauty.....one gorgeous flower after another. And the hummingbirds seemed happy, as well. I found the food and service to be absolutely "top-notch" . Meals were fresh, delicious, creative and quite pleasing to the eye. And the service was out-standing. Everyone was so polite and genuinely seemed HAPPY to be there! How nice! I have NEVER returned from a holiday feeling so rested, peaceful and content. I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was.
I think a part of my heart remains at Jade Mountain...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends