“Amazing Honeymoon!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New Jersey
“Amazing Honeymoon!”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We recently returned from our honeymoon at Jade Mountain. Wow, what an experience!

We stayed and got married at Anse Chastanet and then moved to Jade Mountain for the honeymoon. Please see my separate review of Anse Chastanet.

Jade Mountain is a truly unique experience. We stayed in a Star Sanctuary, which is one of the least expensive rooms and I can honestly tell you that it was magnificent! We had a wonderful view of the pitons. Not having a fourth wall at all really added to the experience. We had different birds flying in, lizards and even tiny little frogs visiting. I loved it! We loved having the infinity pool in our room. It was so nice to take a dip in the morning or evening and just stare at the breathtaking view! We didn't want to leave the sanctuary!

It was also nice to have a major duomo and firefly cell phone. The phone came in handy when we didn't feel like walking up all the steps to our room. We simply called our major duomo and he had the shuttle pick us up in minutes. We also loved the fact that we had room service. We had breakfast in our room everyday. On a few occasions, we didn't feel like going to the restaurant for dinner. We called our major duomo and he got us the restaurant menu and had dinner served in our room! Wonderful! On our last night, our major duomo set up a bubble bath with candles for us. So romantic! We hadn't asked for this, he did it on his own. Nice touch.

Jade Mountain Club restaurant was excellent! The food was a step up from Anse Chastanet's food. The views from the restaurant were beautiful. There was also live music. It made for a very romantic evening.

The service was wonderful. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. They really went out of their way to make sure that you were happy and enjoying yourself.

As other reviewers have stated, it is not for everyone. There are no TV's, phones or air conditioning. There are also a lot of steps to the beach, but there is a shuttle. None of these things bothered us. In fact we did not miss the TV or air conditioning at all!

Jade Mountain is definitely a unique experience and we did not want it to end! It is such a romantic setting. It was the perfect way to spend our honeymoon after our spectacular wedding at Anse Chastanet. I can't wait to go back!

2 Thank IRIEPRINCESS_1025

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
CT
Reviewed November 11, 2009

The best part of our stay was waking up to the view of the Piton Mountains. The food was absolutely horrible. The service was mediocre at best. Constantly needed to ask for fresh towels which were consistently not replenished during room service. We tried hard to love this hotel, but just couldn't get on board. We truely wonder how this hotel is rated so highly. We found only the butlers do an outstanding job. We now know why some guests don't leave their room during their stay.....the beach is awful and the restaurants are horrific. The hotel made errors in our accounting which stressed out the end of our stay. Moving on with our quest to find our favorite Caribbean getaway.

12 Thank houseofb
Leeds
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We booked Jade Mountain for our honeymoon and we really were not disappointed.
The hotel is definately off the beaten track and the journey there was a little hair-raising but definately worth it.
The room and hotel itself are breathtaking the first time you see it. We had booked a medium room and it was enormous,the pool was the best thing ever.
The Major Duomos are so attentive and all the staff are friendly and cater to your every need, even before you know about it!
The food was diverse and fabulous, we already miss the breads and sorbets and felt totally spolit.
I would totally recommend this hotel and resort!

1 Thank 032710a
Tampa
Reviewed November 8, 2009

If you're reading this review, you've already read about how the sanctuaries are set up with the open wall and infinity pool so I won't repeat that. So while my wife and I knew all of that, we were still blown away by what we saw when we went into the sanctuary. You need to see it to believe it. We could see the Piton Mountains from our bed and each morning it was like watching a movie as the clouds drifted by the Pitons. It was private and quiet.

The service was wonderful. Everyone goes out of their way to accomodate you. The first night we were there, we chatted with another couple at cocktails about their stay so far. They said that if you are not having all the experinces you want, it's your own fault since the staff will accomodate just about anything if you ask for it. We kept that in mind and it was true for us as well.

Truly, it was one of the most romantic times my wife and I ever had. If a stay at Jade Mountain doesn't light your fire, there is not much hope for your relationship. However, Jade Mountain is not for everyone. There is no TV in the room or anywhere on the property that I saw. The rooms obviously aren't air conditioned. There are no elevators so you are always going up or down stairs. If the lack of those items don't bother you and you would appreciate some quiet time alone with your significant other in a beautiful setting, there is no better place on the planet.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wrmjh
yorkshire
Reviewed October 18, 2009

My husband and I have just returned from the most fabulous holiday of our lives. We were going to Jade Mountain to get married and would be spending 2 weeks there. We had spent the past 6 months reading every Trip Adviser review available to reassure ourselves that we had made the right choice.
Our first look at the island was as we drove in the taxi through the local towns from the airport. We had been wondering what to expect from the “road” that others have complained about. We were pleasantly surprised. Yes, it is rough and has some steep inclines and bends on it but it was all a part of the adventure and we really enjoyed the experience.
At Jade Mountain this was our reaction upon entering our sanctuary, JE2. We walked across our “bridge”, opened our tall wooden door and the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea were just staring at us. Wow! It was absolutely breathtaking and we did not tire of it at all over the 2 week holiday.
Before we arrived we thought we would miss the telecommunications but we didn’t at all, we just relaxed and forgot about the outside world. Other than visiting the volcano and botanical gardens and whale watching we didn’t do anything except spend time in our sanctuary, sunbathe on the quiet private beaches and swim in the sea. The infinity pool in our room was a real luxury when we had walked back to our room up the steep incline from the beach and we spent many an afternoon just admiring the views from the privacy of our pool. The missing wall was a novelty and meant that we were really at one with nature particularly just after the sunset when the tree frogs, crickets, lizards and bats came to life. It was a little unsettling initially but it was amazing how soon they became a part of the family. During the day we had a variety of birds visiting, particularly when we had breakfast in our sanctuary and there were titbits available. The food was absolutely delicious and very healthy too. In all the time we were there we only put on 2lbs in weight which is unbelievable as we had 3 meals a day and plenty of alcohol. If you get an opportunity to watch Jonathon the Chef’s cookery demonstration on a Tuesday evening I would encourage you to go along. Jonathon not only shows you how to cook fabulous produce but also tells you about the fruit and vegetables grown on the 600 acre plantation and the fish that he purchases from the local markets in Soufriere.
Obviously for us, the highlight of our holiday was our wedding day. We were so well looked after from the 3 hour spa treatments in the morning to the ceremony with staff who have become friends and the private dining under the stars. Everything went exactly as planned and was absolutely perfect. What memories and fantastic photographs we have for our future together. If anyone is considering getting married at Jade Mountain and would like to e-mail me I am more than happy to provide further information.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
16 Thank kfaz
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed October 16, 2009

You can't say enough good things about this hotel...the views are stunning and the best on the island, the service is unbeaten because you have a personal butler which you just have to push a button to call, the design of the hotel is out of this world and the rooms are unbelievable. They don't even call them rooms, they are called sancutaries and have their own walk way to each one. The best honey moon spot by far. It is extremely expensive but basically worth it all because your experience is truely one of a kind.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lpaoli
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 7, 2009

When the manager of Jade Mountain Resort asked us what they could have done differently to make our trip more enjoyable, I honestly could not think of anything. In retrospect, I would suggest a heating unit for the in-room swimming pool but I realize the ecological “unfriendliness” of such a suggestion. You actually adjust to the temperature rather quickly and the cooler temp is quite refreshing on a hot day. We stayed in a sun sanctuary so the pool was rather large. The water was much warmer in the moon sanctuary but we upgraded to the larger suite. I really cannot say enough about Jade Mountain. Every time I walked into the room with our amazing open-air view…I just thought wow, perhaps working 40 hours per week is somehow worth it. We went to St. Lucia for the picturesque views of the Pitons as the volcanic island isn’t known for its beaches. They actually weren’t as bad as I expected. In the pictures we took, the beach looked rather nice (attached). Anse Mamin beach was better maintained than Anse Chastanet (one piece of litter is really one too many). I had a blast crab watching. I really could have stayed in our “sanctuary” the entire time however. Did I mention the iridescent colored tiles in the pool? Each sanctuary has a different color scheme. We dined at the Jade Mountain club the majority of the time (excellent food and more convenient than Anse Chastanet). I highly recommend the Frozen Coco Loco! Vito was our Major Domo (personal butler) but we never really called on him. I just wanted privacy and therefore we mostly kept to ourselves. It was nice putting the room service sign up any time of day and returning to a clean room. We did not partake in many activities (exception being the Zipline tour). I just wanted to relax and absorb the scenery. Not having a TV, radio or computer was a blessing. I think everyone should unplug from time to time. I was able to finish three quarters of my book in record time. I thought this would be a perfect place for me to meditate. An old Sanskrit text says, “By certain signs you can tell when meditation is being rightly performed. One of them is that a bird will sit on your head, thinking you are an inert thing.” Well no bird landed on my head (or dinner table thankfully) but I certainly felt calm and tranquil. Btw…do not go to Jade Mountain if you’re severely out of shape. There are quite a few steps to get to the Jade Mountain club if you’re on level A, but even if your room is on a higher level, you’ll still have to climb the steps back to your room if you take the shuttle to the beach. I enjoyed the stairs but then again…I enjoy running marathons. Lastly, about the geckos…note that this is open-air so if you become unhinged at the site of a bug…this may not be the place for you. We didn’t have any “bugs” per se but rather an occasional bird and a few geckos. I loved it! I really felt in tune with nature. The protective netting around the bed is quite secure. No mosquitoes or anything. If only I could capture the sounds of nature. Thanks to the reviews on TripAdvisor, I altered our plans and we spent the first two nights at Ladera and the remaining five at Jade Mountain. I would have been quite disappointed if all nights were spent at Ladera. Ladera is rather quaint and I loved the staff but it’s a bit too rustic for my taste. I really enjoyed their restaurant Dasheen. I am writing a separate review for Ladera. I would recommend it for a few nights as a nice retreat and it’s more reasonably priced than Jade Mountain. For the occasional splurge however, Jade Mountain Resort is a must!

5 Thank cmlane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!