Jade Mountain Resort
Anse Chastanet(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$475
$398
  • Beachfront
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$428
$415
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$206
$680
$770
$693
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$521
$495
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Breakfast included
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$85
Orbitz.com
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Breakfast included
1,005 results
All reviewsmajor domojade mountainmoon sanctuarystar sanctuaryinfinity poolbento boxsun roommoon roomanse chastanetour honeymoonbubble bathclub restauranttotal romance packagehelicopter ridestar roomonce in a lifetimeopen bathroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I'm writing this review as a single traveler who chose Jade Mountain for a unique and relaxing getaway. I would definitely say that both criteria were met and exceeded! The views are amazing and I spent most of my time in the room, listening to the sounds of nature, swimming, sunning, and enjoying my solitude. There were a few things I think could stand some improvement in a resort of this caliber, and they are included in this review.

I had a transfer arranged from the airport, and the Jade Mountain reception at the airport was very nice, complete with a bottle of cold water for my journey. They use taxis from the area, and the ride is about an hour on winding and hilly roads. It's a nice way to see a bit of the island. The road up to the resort is extremely bumpy and steep, so be aware if you plan to drive it yourself!

Reception at the hotel is lovely with a personal greeting, cold towel, island drink, and a personal introduction to your sanctuary. I was told I was upgraded from a Star room to a Sun room when I arrived. I was in JB1, which appeared to be the smallest of the Sun rooms, but perfect for one person. A nice touch was the "welcome" package in the refrigerator, which included champagne, beer, water, sodas, a lovely fruit tray, and some sweets. The only issue I had with the look of the room was some unsightly mold on a curved wall by the pool and a couple of water spots on the ceiling, all of which detracted from the beauty of the room. However, the views of the Pitons, the Sea, and the lush greenery held my attention. The bathroom was up a few steps and open to the views, making for an amazing shower or jacuzzi bath! However, I'm not sure how I would have felt having the toilet so open with someone else in the room.

I didn't have any issues with mosquitoes, but had some ants and tiny spiders in the sink and on the table after meals. I also had some huge moths and a few very large roach-like bugs, but such is the reality of an indoor/outdoor space. The birds flew in and out freely and were especially present after meals. I also did not have any issues with being too warm, and the pool was always wonderful in the afternoon sun.

The butler service is really nice to have, but I found some inconsistencies in information that was presented to me, depending on whom I asked. I found the room service menu a bit limited, but you can always order from the Jade Mountain set menu for dinner. I went down to the beach restaurant (Trou au Diable) for lunch and had delicious meals, drinks, and great service both days. I found a lot of the information in the room informations booklets to be limited compared to what you actually have available to you.

All in all, Jade Mountain was an amazing experience! I feel some improvement could be had with the training of all employees to make sure consistent information is given to the guests, but overall, the service was very attentive and genuine.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
5  Thank LadyJulie
Reviewed August 4, 2009

Jade Mountain [JM] for us was a chance visit, having moved there after noise issues from the gardening team down at Anse Chastanet [ACh]. I have heard they occasionally upgrade people for free into JM from ACh, but I am not sure how true this would since the room rates are so vastly different. We got a great deal on an upgrade price and were relocated to JB6 which is a sun sanctuary with a large infinity pool. This end of the building gets the morning and early afternoon sun, whilst the rooms at the other end gets the late afternoon sun. The rooms have no wall on the side where you might expect to see the window and this creates a dramatic affect which is hard to take your eyes off.

The infinity pool drops away into the landscape beyond and is very cooling. Having read some of the reviews that didn't rate this resort I was stunned to hear people complain the pool isn't heated! That isn't the point!!! The pool is designed to integrate all aspects of nature to the room and the cooling affect of the water achieves this and is perfect for a late night dip to cool you down before sleep.

The bathroom in our sanctuary was situated on a mezzanine level and whilst you couldn't see a person on the toilet, you did get a good view of the pitons whilst sat there!! The bathroom was huge, with a big jacuzzi tub with integrated lights, a huge shower in a wet room style, but unlike many wetrooms, this was perfect, the water just went down the drain!!

The sanctuary has a huge dining table, perfect for breakfast and this will be brought to you by the team of butlers. This service generally worked well, but is strained at busier meal times and our Sunday morning breakfast was delivered half an hour late and with an item missing, so just chill and ring them if you need to leave for an excursion.

As with Anse Chastanet the food and drinks prices are much higher than many other holiday destinations so it is well worth going All INclusive as this will stop you thinking aboiut what you are ordering. The service is all included and added to the bill so you also don't need to worry about carrying a bunch of notes around. I would suggest the hotel arranges an all inclusive meal package that doesn't include alcohol. This would work better for people who don't drink much and would hopefully provide a more affordable option as the wine and cocktails are more expensive.

I would love to go back, but I'm not sure the actual rack price of the rooms is really a true reflection on what you get when you think you are paying approximately US$50 per person per hour to stay there! If the listed price included some of the activities like Jungke Biking or the spa, then I think this would be better value. Some of the advertised packages include aspects you may not want and I heard people at the Scuba Centre trying to swap one activity for another without much luck.

There are lots of steps to the beach, but to be honest this was not really a problem to anyone, and lazy people can get the shuttle! Walking is good for you, but as my husband and I live up a similar hill at home, we just found it normal and it makes for the hotel having great views.

The spa at Jade is another level up from the beach, but with the same people working it. The treatments are fantastic and the therapists very well trained. The in room treatments are also available at Jade for no extra cost and this would be well worth it!

Jungle biking is also excellent and the beach waiter service a great concept.

We loved the food in all the restaurants and thought the variety of wine available on the All In menu was pretty good. I've read some reviews about the food being poor and the British chef being rubbish, but this is not the case and the food is very well done, although service in the Jade Club is not as swift as you would like and a 5 course meal can take 2.5 hours. If they could improve this service, it's only a small restaurant, then I think the place would be perfect.

Go to Jade, or combine it with a stay at ACh, the transfer is smooth and the butlers at JM will also unpack for you!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank sportychick1977
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I visited Jade Mountain to celebrate our 25th anniversary, and although we have had many wonderful vacations, the week we spent at Jade was just a little slice of heaven. Pictures do not do it justice; the sanctuaries have to be experienced in person to be believed. From the views, the gentle Caribbean breezes, the comfortable furnishings, the beautiful bathroom that provides almost religious shower and Jacuzzi expereinces, and the excellent service, you will not be disappointed. We do have some tips and information that may help you, and we are more than willing to answer any questions by e-mail.

In reading other reviews, it seemed that the biggest concerns were with the heat and the mosquitos. We were rarely hot while in the room; the ceiling fans and the ocean breezes kept the room cool, and since the infinity pool was not heated, it was a great way to cool off. My husband did not get any mosquito bites; I did, but I am very prone to being bitten. Be sure to take some bug spray and antihistamine cream with you if you are one who always gets mosquito bites. I also am allergic to most flowers, but I didn't have any problems with that at all.

The food is very good and is served in gourmet portions. You can have anything you want delivered to the room, but be aware that there is a surcharge if you order room service for dinner. The freshly baked breads and pastries are delicious, as are the desserts, and breakfast is especially good - try the chocolate chip pancakes! We ate most of our meals out at the Jade Club (ask for Earl to be your server!) and at the beach restaurant, and we also took the free water taxi to the Anse Mamin beach and had a very good lunch there. This beach is smaller than the main beach, but it is very beautiful and surrounded by rocks and thick with trees and vegetation that give it a more secluded feel.

The activities are also very good. The snorkelling, the sailing, and the beach/beach service are great. Ask for a Banana Passion, a frozen mixture of bananas, rum and passion fruit, at the beach bar - it's one of Andre's speciaIties. I also had a massage in the room, and Moira was a wonderful masseuse who definitely helped me to Forget the Outside World.

We tried to take advantage of all the things our Total Romance package provided, but our favorite moments were while sitting in the room, looking out at the mountains, sipping rum drinks, watching boats as they skimmed across the ocean, spotting rainbows, watching the birds, listening to the sounds of nature, eyeing the view from our infinity pool, relaxing, relaxing, relaxing...........

A very special thanks to Sandy and Ajay - our stay would not have been as nice without you. Filliner was also wonderful as was the entire staff who do everything they can to make sure you have a wonderful stay. The key to the success of Jade Mountain is the service and the people who provide it - together with the incredible view, the amazing yet understated architecture of the building, the uniqueness of the sanctuaries and the beautiful setting of the resort - blend together to provide guests with an unforgettable traveling experience. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lona_8
Reviewed July 20, 2009

What an amazing place... Great time, great experience, very romantic!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TuesdayTraveler
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed in Moon sanctuary JC3 for 5 nights for our anniversary. Much has been said about the sanctuaries so I won't dwell on that. Suffice it to say that they are simply stunning, very private and the primary reason to choose this resort. Other positives were the genuine friendliness of the staff and nice anniversary recognition. The food was good but still not terribly memorable. I thought breakfast was the best meal. We didn't eat many meals at Anse Chastanet but felt that the food at Jade was a step up. However a resort of this caliber should strive for further improvement in this area in my opinion. We had some minor issues such as leakage with our spa tub, one small service request was missed and a few others. Nothing major but added together gave a slight work in progress feel to the resort. I do feel that the resort management takes guest comments very much into consideration and have probably already acted upon some of the comments we left. A concern I had prior to our stay about night time temperatures turned out not to be an issue at all. Between the breeze and ceiling fans, we never felt uncomfortable sleeping.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple