“WOW... just paradise!!”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 3, 2009

For our honeymoon, we went to Jade Mountain as part of the ying and yang package, spending 4 nights at Anse Chastanet and 3 nights further up the mountain in Jade Mountain. We had pre booked a star infitiny room and I couldn't believe it when we arrived, the view from our room terrace was unbelievable of the Pitons. We had prepaid for the all inclusive package so suspected that certain drinks or food would be compromised as it is in some all inclusive resorts, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I drank Pimms, Canadian Club, Prosecco, cocktails, etc all included in the package! The only thing not included was the champagne, (although we did order a couple of bottles of Bollinger as treats!) And the food...it was absolutely delicious. No buffets in sight, lovely restaurants (one in Jade Mountain plus a treehouse restaurant, a beach grill, an indian influenced restaurant and a veggie restaurant just down the steps in Anse Chastanet) where me and my new husband could sit in the most romantic setting beside the sea or up the mountain having a meal for 2. We had a large infinity pool in our suite, had our own butler service and a gorgeous 4 poster bed. The 4th wall of the suite is missing which allows you to look at the view anytime you want. The room and views are just breathtaking, and I couldn't stop smiling all honeymoon. We had the most romantic, perfect time. Definately worth a visit.

6  Thank JodieGul
There are newer reviews for Jade Mountain Resort

Reviewed June 26, 2009

I publish a travel magazine and have been to many beautiful places over the years. Jade Mountain and Anse Chastanet Resort proved to be the most perfect blend of romance, fantastic architecture, incredible food, superb service and SMILES.

We were surrounded by passion - the owner/architect Nick Troubetzkoy, put his very soul into the design of Jade Mountain. Our room was almost the same size as our home in California - the infinity pool overlooking the famous St. Lucia Pitons gave me the sense of flying each time I swam my laps (short - but sufficient). The chef's creations each night rivaled some of the best of our own Napa Valley- even the fellow who rolled out the bread cart with five new breads and a unique butter each evening, presented it in a manner of pride and professionalism. The staff took pride in what they were doing - they knew that we were all in a special place.

I am an avid diver and the protected reefs were extremely colorful and vibrant. A high point of the diving was seeing a large five foot wingspan stingray. Unique for that area.

Being surrounded by many young couples on their honeymoons was refreshing - to say the least. Romance was in the air - and that is quite a lovely perfume!!

Jade Mountain is luxurious in an understated way. The architecture permits the vibrancy of the St Lucian environment to enter into ones Being. It takes a few days to let it sink in - but once it has entered your pores - there is no going back. For me, the feeling of ultimate relaxation is still with me - more than three weeks since we left!!

Try the hot rocks massage - it is out of this world!

8  Thank andyalpine
Reviewed June 25, 2009

Our honeymoon stay at Jade Mountain was absolutely perfect! We stayed in JC5, which is one of the Sun Sanctuaries. The rooms and associated views were absolutely breathtaking. This truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Every moment of our trip was perfectly tailored to ensure that wanted for nothing more than our passing fancies. The team at Jade Mountain is so good at anticipating your needs that, by the end of the trip, I felt they knew what I needed better than I did. For example, we booked a day trip to climb the Gross Piton mountain leaving the hotel at 6:00am. Knowing that we would miss breakfast, our Major Domo sent up a packed breakfast the night before so that we would have enough energy for the climb.

We are a fairly active couple and the folks at Jade made sure that there were plenty of things to do for people like us. A few highlights that we were able to take advantage of include: The Piton climb, Jungle Mountain biking, Sailing, Yoga with Kristen at the Celestial Terrace, and training with Ty Ferrell. Training was a real hig hlight because, although it was technically “group classes”, we were usually the only people that were there to take advantage of the training so we had semi-private training experiences with a very knowledgeable and experienced coach.

Being active was an absolute necessity because of how easy they make it to go overboard on food. The food at the Jade Club was absolutely fantastic. They have a two page menu that is broken into Starters, Salads, Mains, and Desserts on both sides. The left side is the “every day” menu and the right side is the “Chef’s Specials” menu. I would have loved to try more of the stuff from the every day menu, but the Chef’s Specials were so good that it was hard to pass on something that might not be available again! Some of my highlights from the Jade Club: Ceviche was amazing, Kobe flat iron steak, perfectly seared foie gras, scallops, all the vegetables come from their own farm.

The chef, Jonathan, actually conducts a cooking class in the Jade Club on Tuesday afternoons that is a must-attend. He goes over the offerings that come from their own farm and how they differ from what he was used to getting as a top chef in Miami … you really need to taste the fresh Okra to believe it! The wine list is really quite impressive. Not only do they have a nice deep list, they make a number of those wines (10 I think) available by the glass as part of the AI package. Service at the Jade Club is possible the best in the world. The staff made every meal a memorable experience. Also, every dinner includes a ritual performed by the soft-spoken Dwight which includes the chef’s daily amuse-bouche and the “Unveiling of the Bread” which is your introduction to the 4-5 varieties of fresh house baked artisan breads to be cut at your table. We looked forward to Dwight’s presentation every day with mouths watering!

The Major Domo is a huge benefit that I have missed since being home. We were a little uncomfortable at first because we weren’t sure what kind of things we should be deferring to our Major Domo, but after a few days we really got used to having someone at our beck and call for anything that we needed. For example, we called with our Firefly from the top of the Gross Piton mountain to book a massage after our descent. Ajay, our Major Domo, was able to coordinate with the spa and get us in that same day for a couples-massage. He even thought to ensure that we had enough time for lunch and a little rest first so that we wouldn’t be hungry or uncomfortable for the massage.

All in all this was, bar-none, the best vacation experience we could have asked for and we would not have changed a thing. Jade Mountain is a great place for a honeymoon, or for a romantic getaway.

8  Thank Khrynisx
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Just returned from the most amazing honeymoon at Jade Mountain. I hate to repeat what so many other reviews have said but I feel compelled to sing their praise once more. I truly stalked tripadvisor everyday for reviews on jade & so excited that i can finally write mine ! Let me begin by saying that we are from NJ & by no means an “outdoors” type. We had many reservations when first booking about the no AC & TV but once we got there we truly did not miss it, we had a great breeze during the day & when it got warm we put the fans on. I have broken down the review in the following categories.
Room- We initially booked a Moon Sanctuary which was beautiful & very spacious. The furnishings are amazing & the view of the Pitons was perfect. On our 2nd day there we asked if anything was available on a higher floor & the following day we moved to JE3 which was on the top floor below the Lounge & was also beautiful & the view was that much more spectacular. As for bugs which I have heard other speak about we did not have any mosquitos at all although a few very large moths visit us.
Service- The service was truly unimaginable our major Domos Ajay & Philly were attentive & always available when we needed them. All the staff at Jade & A. C. were excellent we never waiting long for food or drinks yet never felt rushed. People are kind & friendly I can’t tell you how many long conversations we had with the staff. Also, they do really nice things like one night we had a bath drawn w/ candles & they left us cany one day i don't want to spoil all the suprises !!!!
Food- I have read many mixed reviews about the food , I truly have no idea what these people were eating ! The food at Jade Mountain were we ate most of our meals was absolutely delicious, innovative & super fresh. We have eaten at many fine restaurants & I would put Jade’s food up against every single one of them. The beach bar restaurant was also good. We only left Jade once for dinner & went to Aspara the Indian fusion at AC we did not enjoy our dinner as much as Jade.
Overall, Jade exceeded our expectations we truly felt we had a once in a lifetime experience & worth every single penny we spent. So my best advise would be book it book it book it.

7  Thank jh6104
Reviewed June 14, 2009

We stayed at Jade Mountain for 3 nights as part of a Yin/Yang Total Romance (all inclusive) honeymoon package June 4-7, 2009. Our first 4 nights were spent in the primitive accommodations of Anse Chastanet 8A which negative review can be read on their page. We moved to Jade for our last 3 nights.

When we booked our honeymoon originally we paid for a "Star" category room but were upgraded to a "Moon" room for free because we had signed up for the resort's e-newsletter. (Do this on their homepage BEFORE you book). They send specials to those signed up on a fairly regular basis.

After quite a bit of frustration with management dealing with our earlier stay in 8A in Anse Chastanet we were offered a complimentary upgrade to a "Sun" suite (they say the best room in the house), Room JD1. All rooms ending in 1 are "Sun" suites and apparently JD1 is their version of a presidential suite. The room totally blew us away. Everything with the room was perfect, and for me to say that, is quite unusual. I freelance travel critique reviews for our local newspaper so I really look for things that can be improved upon. The accommodations here will not disappoint you.

Now, for the negatives. JE1, the sun suite above us does allow others brief glimpses into their room/pool so I would definitely specify JD1 over JE1 for that reason. Also, despite what many reviewers wrote about the food, it really is not that fantastic. Room service is still not 24 hours, which is something that needs to be changed. Service ends at 11:00 and whether you could call your butler and request something after that, I am not sure, but I believe the kitchen closes at 11. Also, the room service menu is VERY limited. There are 4 sandwich options and that is it for the sandwich category. Everything fits on 1 page of a piece of paper. The options definitely need to be expanded, especially for lunch/snacks. The best food for sure with the most extensive menu is the beach bar, Trou Au Diable. If you are not on the all inclusive meal plan you need to change that immediately. We totaled up the amount of money we would have spent on food if we had not been on the AI plan and it was around $2500.00 for the week. Obviously, we were eating way more than usual because it was all included but still, you really need to only consider the AI plan. Jade Mountain Club is very beautiful. The bread cart was actually my favorite part of the meal. I did not find the food to be much better than the Treehouse restaurant at Anse Chastanet. We are foodies so I think I was just expecting more. The food is certainly very good, probably the best you will get in St. Lucia, but certainly for those of you from the food capitals of NYC and San Fran, you are not going to be blown away.

SUMMARY
Jade Mountain's accommodations are flawless and probably one of the most unique experiences in the world. Yes, it is a bit warm at night, but not overly so and you always have your pool to cool down. The food is very good, not anything earth shattering, and room service needs improvement. I would definitely stay at Jade again and recommend it for honeymooners. If you have the cash to stay here, do it, you will not be disappointed. If ever a room warranted a price tag as absurdly high as a Sun sanctuary at Jade, it is JD1. Please email me if you have any questions at all! [--]

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Legalgal25
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We just returned from a week stay at Jade Mountain for our late honeymoon/1st anniversary and have nothing but wonderful things to say. We had done a lot of research and read almost every review out there - so the bar was set very high. Upon arrival the resort and views were more amazing than any picture could show. We were immediatel greeted with warm hospitality, which only tipped us off to the excellent service to follow for our entire stay.
Room - We stayed in sanctuary JD3 (Moon) and walking in for the first time was magical. The view was stunning from every angle of the room - even the bathroom. The bed was one of the most comfortable I had ever slept in and came equiped with a fan secured to the top of the 4 poster frame. We were never warm while in the bed. The rest of the room has ceiling fans to keep circulation going, but there was always a wonderful breeze. We never experienced mosquitoes or other bugs in the room - escept for one random beetle. The birds did make them selves welcome to any left over food. The dining table and other lounge furniture was also very lovely and comfortable. We also loved the bathroom - with the double vanity and large mirror to provide the best view at all times. The large jacuzzi tub with rotating color lights was a nice touch. The rain shower was also wonderful. The breeze was cool while in the shower, but not uncomfortably.
Pool - The pool was covered in a lovely shade of bronze glass tiles that changed colors in the sun. We loved to just sit on the wall of the pool and gaze at the view. Unfortuantely, as the rooms face mostly south, there wasn't a lot of sun to be had in the pool, but we still enjoyed having it and swam in it a lot. The pool deck has 2 very comfortable loungers that were excellent for reading and taking in the view.
Food - We enjoyed the food at Jade Mountain the most over all other restaurants on the property. We opted for the All Inclusive plan, which I think was the best deal if you like to eat and drink. We also ate at dinner at Aspara, lunch and dinner at Trou au Diable and lunches in our beach hut (beach bar menu). While we enjoyed all the food, nothing compared to the meals we had at the Jade Mountain Club. Our favorite server at Jade was Daniella - she made all our dinners wonderful. We definitely feel we got our money's worth from all the eating and drinking we did. Full breakfasts each day, lunches, afternoon snacks, appetizers, salads, full meals and desserts at each meal. We chose to have breakfast in our room each morning, which was lovely considering the view! Each night you make your selection using a menu card and write down a time. Each room comes with little bags to hang on the outside of the door - Room Service, Housekeeping, Privacy. So - if you want to order breakfast or any other room service, you fill out the form and put it in the bag, then click a light and someone will come pick it up - without bothering you. Breakfast was always delivered on time and with a smile.
Service - Similar to the food, the service was most excellent at Jade. Although we did not encounter "bad" service anywhere, you could definitely tell the drastic difference between other areas of the resort and Jade, be it service in the restaurant, reception staff, or maintenance personelle. Walking through Jade, every staff stops to wish you a good day and ask how you're enojoying your time. We did make it a point to try to get to know our beach servers - as we saw them every day. We did notice that this enhansed the service provided on the beach. The staff in the Scuba center was also very friendly and knowledgeable.
At Jade, each room is assigned 2 Major Domo's. We had Filliner and Teclus ("Filli and T" for short). They were both wonderful and would help us with anything we asked and both went above and beyond to make our stay special. On two occassions they decorated our bed with a lovely display made from towels and local flowers and plants (swans and hearts) and lit candles and filled our tub with bubble bath. Filli also helped my husband put together a private dinner for our anniversary and had a very decadent cake made as a surprise for us. Jade gives each room a "Firefly" - similar to a cell phone, but you can only call your Major Domo's or reception...and they can call you. Very helpful to take down to the beach or anywhere else on the resort in case you need anything.
Activities - We had the "Total Romance Package" so a good amount of activities were included. The volcanco tour/botanical gardens was the least favorite, but still enjoyable. The good part about activies was planning them in the morning, then having the rest of the day to do as you wish. We enjoyed the boat snorkel trip, although we found that the reef on the property was so convenient and much more beautiful. We snorkeled at this reef daily and also the resort scuba course does the dive on this reef as well. We enjoyed a couples massage in our sanctuary - which we both felt was the best massage we'd ever had. Truely wonderful. We also upgraded our half-day sail to a sunset cruise...and it ended up being private. It was a very nice time - and gave a different view of the Pitons, resort, and sunset. We added on the Zip Lining tour. This was the longest activity - 8am-2pm, but was a lot of fun and we had a great tour guide for the trip to and from (30 min boat taxi, 1 hr bus drive). The only thing we didn't get to was the mountain biking - we wanted to have one day without any "plans".
Beach - The beach was beautiful - and being able to get out of the sun into your private beach hut was great. Each one came equiped with 2 comfortable lounges (they stock you with very nice towels once you arrive), a drink menu, beach food menu, and spa menu. There is a handy yellow flag you put out into the sun when you want to order anything. The service here was mostly excellent - we heard some complaints, but as I mentioned earlier, we made it a point to get to know the servers which I think helped our service. Keep in mind - you're on vacation, no need to rush! The sand was very hot - as it's dark gray and attracts the hot sun. One highlight - A couple times a day a beach employee walks around with a cooler of cold peppermint towels and a spray bottle of peppermint water...it is so wonderful on a hot day. One complaint - a couple of water taxis (not employed by the resort) camps out at the beach offering to take people around the island...they were quite pushy. Also - keep in mind that there are a ton of stairs from the beach back up to Jade. It didn't bother us (may have helped manage the tons of food we ate) but they did provide a shuttle if you wanted it...you can just call for it on your little Firefly phone.
Entertainment - Each night there was entertainment somwhere on the resort. At Jade, usually around 8pm, there was nice music - we saw a guitarist, a few different jazz sax players, etc. This was very nice for dinner/after dinner drinks. Also each night there was "island music" in the Piton Bar (every night except Tuesday)...usually some sort of reggae band. We though they were all very good. Music is usually over around 10:30-11 which is nice so you can get back up to your sanctuary for a dip in the pool and a good night sleep. Tuesday nights there is a Steel Drum Band down in the beach bar.
So - I could probably go on forever about how wonderful it is - but I guess the main point was that it completely exceeded all expectations - which I think is amazing considering how high they were. Yes, it was expensive - but in our opinion, totally worth the amazing experience, views, sanctuary, service, food. I felt so thankful that we were able to go to a wonderful place like Jade compared to somewhere more generic like one of the Sandals on the island.

7  Thank gracemb83
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Yes, It's expensive. We paid 4500$ for 4 nights for a Star Sanctuary May 17th to 21st 2009 and were given JD2. We did not do a meal plan but most recommend it. Would I do it again? Absolutely. Most of the reviews on this site cover the food so I won't bother with that. The morning yoga with Christen added alot to our stay. She is a great teacher and very inspirational. Facts:the Eight levels from bottom to top go: F level, A level, B level, C level, D level, E level, Jade Club level, Celestial Terrace. The Sun rooms are on the corners: E1, D1 C1.... and E3...D4...C5 Note there are only 3 rooms on the E level, 4 on the D level --which makes these rooms more desirable. We looked at some other rooms and JE1 probably has the best view. But JD1 has a nice private outdoor space. My only issue with the Sun rooms is that they have the 3rd and 4th wall missing so they feel very open. Because they are! The yoga Teacher Christen recommended JA2 as her favorite room because of the layout. But the higher sanctuaries have better views and are further away from the bugs...women with shaved legs tend to get eaten up (but that may be seasonal). The Couples Massage in the room is a must. Do the Jungle Biking and the dive and snorkel trips. Avoid any trips that require getting in a car. Go on the boat outings only!
The Star sanctuaries feel a little more intimate. I would opt for JD2 again when we go back. I would also go back when the moon is full so do this if you can. While Anse was not full, Jade MTN was at 100 percent occupancy when we were there.

5  Thank spurg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort
East Winds
East Winds
#1 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!