“ENTER------THE PEARLY GATES OF HEAVEN!”

Jade Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, Georgia
“ENTER------THE PEARLY GATES OF HEAVEN!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Nick and Karolin Troubetzkoy need to be applauded for their spectacular vision and insight in creating heaven perched in the sky! The sheer ingenuity of Mr. Troubetzkoy is nothing less then genius.
I am a seasoned, world traveler with discriminating taste and I must share this magical space with others who want to meet god. I read every review for 6 months prior to choosing this destination for the 50th birthday celebration. I wanted, peace, tranquility, exquisite food, superior service, and a landscape like no other. I traveled the globe on my IPad waiting to find my spot. My first concern was being too hot in a three walled sanctuary, I was assured the cool breeze and ceiling fans would squash that worry, they were right. Upon arrival and during the ride to Jade, I was in a torrential downpour, surrounding by gushing water and mud off the mountain side. Going up this cliff was unimaginable as I thought "How can heaven be above me?" You see the angels are waiting for you under the canopy.
My car arrived under a wooden driveway carport with Manuel and my Butler Al waiting to greet me. So you ascend up ten concrete stairs, and wham you are perched in a sea of air, flowers and a majestic architectural wonder that envelopes the senses. I am escorted into my Sun Sanctuary with a 180 degree view of the Majestic Pitons, where sea meets the sky, like two
lovers dancing. Tears well up in my eyes as I feel Not only god in this room but the energy of being one with the nature cradling your being. When evening comes another dimension is added welcome moonlight, song of birds, crickets, frogs, and water falling all around you as the sea glistens in the horizon. On a romantic note, any human life form that enters these walls will find romance just in the air here, now add love and passion.........it will take you to another place.
That is why Mr. Troubetzkoy needs accolades here. He managed to fill every sense for you to not only feel his vision, but own it..personally. His wisdom, foresight, determination, and passion
Clearly is recognized all over his property. This is truly a labor of love from a man and a wife team that had the guts to take on such an enormous dream. If you are lucky enough to come to Jade Mountain, get a suite with an infinity pool, trust me it is worth every single penny.
Lets be honest here, this place is extremely expensive, with that being said, I would rather wait another 50 years and have my sun suite once in my lifetime because as one Butler said, God comes here on Vacation and I do believe it.
From a culinary point of view, the food is superb. A blend of Asian, Indian and Caribbean flavor which is infused with St. Lucians local spices and fruits.
They have Mastered the art of combining fresh ingredients with locally grown vegetables and fruits. They even have a vegetarian restaurant for all you vegans out there. I ordered crispy duck on the beach one evening and the kitchen did a phenomenal job! So if you can come here in the Caribbean and get DUCK prepared properly, you just earned that five diamond award.
Service is impeccable, Vito, Al, and Falinia, will do cartwheels for you if you ask. All the while with a smile, and kindness thrown in there. They make it very clear, there job is to tend to every need of yours and in so doing ensure you are rested, happy, and taken care of.
Now tell me where can you go in the world and have someone hold your umbrella over you head or meet you in the spa after your treatments to hand you a towel and see that your treatment went well? NOT KIDDING!!!!! I have traveled to the best spas in Switzerland, Asia, and South America, although the facility is not The Ritz Carlton at Rose Hall in Jamacia, the employees make it remarkable. They are cross trained and are knowledgeable in every area of their treatments offered. They are also not Rushing thru there services watching the clock turn over.
What you have here is a blend of individuals that take pride in their work, going above and beyond knowing full well that tourism is their very livelihood with a general sentiment that there service places them in one of the top hotels in the world. Now with that being said, if you are not a nature lover or if you have serious disabilities meaning non ambulatory, I believe the stairs will not be conducive to as much of an enjoyable stay. The property because of it being built on a mountainside cliff is very arduous to get around, even for an able body. I will note that one must not worry, you have drivers taking you up and down at a moments notice. So no worries there.
I would not swallow up all your time with too many excursions.This place is so magical and healing that really If you want to leave your stress at home, just book and get here. Once you enter the ZONE you will be so transfixed with the sheer romantic beauty of Troubetzkoy's Garden Of Eden that you will forget you even have problems at home.
Spell bounding, captivating, magical and mesmerizing, are only a few words to accurately describe this wonder Troubetzkoy had the nerve to create. It is as if he was one an angel sitting amongst the clouds wanting to share his utopia to the world.
If you are lucky enough to come here and you have anything negative to say, go get a lobotomy.
Because sincerely this is a gift of heaven, handed to you by the gatekeepers, Karolyn and Nick Troubetzkoy. BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO There is a Heaven on Earth.
Manuel, articulate and hospitable, Vito At your service, with a smile and extending himself graciously, Al, caring, detail oriented and sharp as as a tack, Falina, added the flare of your sister who can help you pick out your finest dress.
So, enough already, right???I can go on and on, this trip now makes me a true believer in the human spirit. because when you awake to tears of joy in your eyes, you realize what Nick did, you are sitting in the hand of god, perched up in the clouds overlooking the sea.
May all of you grace this property with the respect and grace that these two brilliant people have waiting for you. Bottom line, This is a game changer! I now know Bora Bora will be my second favorite spot on the planet.
Want god? Come here!

Moonlight, the lovely song of birds, crickets, frogs and sea. You find yourself in awe that this masterpiece exists.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
20 Thank BrendaS49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'll make it short. The customer service, food, everything was excellent of course. However.... the view is what makes this place so priceless. You will not want to go anywhere! I just sat there for hours and stared and stared at the view. I had to be dragged to the beach because I just wanted to hang over the edge of my infinity pool and soak in the view all day. I would scrimp and save every penny to come here again. It will be an experience you will think about often and cherish forever.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lydiamarieb
Castries, St. Lucia
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I went to Jade mountain for lunch. The service was superb. The food was excellent and what a fabulous view.

We intend to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Perl T
Pasadena, California
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Breath-taking, jaw dropping, once in a lifetime, wonderful resort, even more wonderful people = a trip that will simply spoil you so rotten you'll never want to leave. Truthfully, coming home was probably one of the toughest things after this amazing trip. My wife and I honeymooned here for 5 days, and we both agreed the pictures and the reviews simply didn't accurately describe Jade Mountain. From the moment I first inquired about Jade Mountain I was met by an extraordinary man named, Manuel, who helped me through all questions, suggestions, and anything you can think of. Teddy, our major domo went above and beyond to make our trip memorable, and Eric and Executive Chef Jonathan made each meal remarkable with food and drink to die for. No tech allowed, and you won't want it either trust me. You'll miss the peace and quiet after you leave. I highly recommend not setting up too many excursions (though I recommend Chef of Wheels and Togetherness Massage). Enjoy your room you won't find another like it anywhere!

Room Tip: We had JE2 (Highest level/middle sanctuary). It is called the Green Palace. A smaller room compared...
4 Thank ZBostrom
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Relaxation was what we were looking for and that is what we got on this trip. This hotel is absolutely spectacular and makes for a truly unique experience. The staff was extremely professional yet personable, outgoing and quick to respond to any request. The rooms were the most spacious we had ever experienced (we were upgraded to a Sun Suite). One should be warned that there are a lot of stairs and vertical ascension both to get to the beach and within the Jade Mountain complex, but it is worth it to get such privacy in the open air rooms. The food was fantastic. They farm most of their ingredients on their property, so each meal is fresh and delicious. The dinner menu changed each night depending on what ingredients are in season, what was harvested that day, etc, so each meal was a unique and memorable one.

The only down side of the trip was the drive from the airport to the hotel. It is a one hour taxi drive through winding cliffside roads where you end up feeling sick and nauseous (the last 2 miles are unpaved and the worst part of the trip). I would definitely recommend the helicopter transfer instead. We ended up taking the helicopter on the way back to the airport and it cut a one hour trip down to five minutes. I would also recommend booking directly with the helicopter company as it is much cheaper than going through the hotel.

We loved the trip and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Sun Suite!
4 Thank Karen W
Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2012

First, do not travel here without your spouse. I did, because I was on business. The phone call home was tough: "There's no air conditioning in this place. No TV. Birds are flying in and out. There's an entire wall missing! Oh, did I mention there's an infinity pool in my room?" My wife found the photos. "That's me sipping rum punch in my private pool, honey. Those are the Pitons over my shoulder. Who took the pictures of me? Um, my butler." Bottom line, this was one of the most unique travel experiences I've had. The shower, in fact the entire raised bathroom, is open to the sea. So is the bed and the seating area. Service is incredible. I'd suggest two or three nights, because after that the novelty might wear off and the little birds taking sugar packets from the coffee table and crapping on the tile floor won't be so cute.

Room Tip: As with any lodging, there's always a place where the staff congregates. Ask to stay away from t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
17 Thank TruthIsGold
Lake Geneva
Reviewed April 14, 2012

One cannot say enough about the wonderful accommodations and the equally wonderful staff and service. Three of the staff we had the good fortune to interface with were our Major Domo Vito, who catered to our every wish with expediency, courtesy, graciousness and style. Eric was so very helpful with wine and food selections and in getting us our favorite spirits in our room. Jasmine was a pure delight in the Jade Mountain Club dining room and terrace. All three spoiled us terribly! What a wonderfully relaxing, romantic getaway!

6 Thank David N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Soufriere
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort
#1 of 12 in Gros Islet
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 4 in Cap Estate

Been to Jade Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!