I've just returned from a 5 night stay at Fond Doux on a surprise trip for my fiancee's birthday. The trip and my selection of accommodation could not have been more perfect. The privacy and tranquility of the property is unparalleled. For the majority of the trip, we enjoyed total privacy (even including on site meals) and the grounds and cottages are stunning. We took advantage of one of the hilltop cottages (mango) with amazing views, private plunge pool and a gorgeous outdoor shower. Outside of the private setting, cozy cottage and lush surroundings, the staff at Fond Doux really sets it apart. Brace yourself, I have a lot of praise to sing about the wonderful people who are dedicated to making your experience memorable.
It starts with the girls in the front office. I was in contact with Karan, Eugenia and Tracy upon making reservations. I was amazed at their response time to the many inquiries I had before the trip. I had sent emails to them, some at 6am and others at 9pm, and without exception they replied within 10 minutes. I'm still not quite sure how they do it but I appreciated their responsiveness and they were so helpful when our original flight to St Lucia was cancelled due to a blizzard in Boston. They took away any and all concerns I had.
Kendall, the bartender, took great care of us and was always good for a laugh for our pre-dinner drinks. Regina and the other servers at the in house restaurants were attentive and accommodating as well.
Katrina, who handles all of you off site excursions is amazing. On our first day there, I decided I wanted to take a private boat to Anse Mamin from Sugar Beach. I told Katrina just as we arrived to the front office (5 minutes before the free shuttle arrived to take us to Sugar Beach). She immediately hopped on her mobile phone and haggled with 3 different boat providers until she got us the price we wanted to pay. The private boat was waiting for us when we arrived at Sugar Beach just 10 minutes later!
Breakfast every morning was great. Evancia and Lusca also delivered top notch service. One morning, I was struggling to get sugar out of a packet for the amazing cocoa tea and before I knew it, a separate dish of sugar appeared on the table to ease my difficulty.
Gregor picked us up from the airport. Later in our trip, he made an appearance as the keyboardist for a great live band that played at the onsite restaurant!
Dennis and Phillip took us on the Tet Paul hike (HIGHLY recommended). Dennis was a great tour guide and told us everything about the flora on our way up to what is easily the most beautiful view in the Caribbean.
Fond Doux is a special place where you can get up close and personal with nature and stay away from the crowds when you are on vacation. All this while still having all the comforts of home and easy access to beautiful beaches and hiking. In case you can't tell already, I give it my highest recommendation for a romantic and relaxing getaway.
A few recommendations:
1. Opt for the hilltop cottages- outdoor showers, more privacy and amazing views
2. Go for the all inclusive- meals were outstanding and it was nice to drink and eat to hearts content
3. Take a Boat trip to Anse Mamin- gorgeous and secluded beach a short boat ride from where ou will be dropped by FD's free shuttle. The boat ride itself is memorable with great views of Pitons and the restaurant on Anse Mamin, while pricy, is well worth it.
4. Take a Sunset hike on Tet Paul Trail (maybe a few times!- game changer!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere