This resort nestled within the tropical flora and fauna of Soufriere was nothing like I ever expected. We stayed at the bamboo cottage, a quaint, cozy escape but the most captivating part of our stay was not just the cottages but getting from one part of the resort to another :D There were tropical fruit trees adorning the paths and the sound of water in the river near by, made Fond Doux what I now call it, my Tropical Paradise. The air was cool and fresh, just like it should be and I could never forget the food. The resorts restaurants were decked with exquisite bamboo and wood finishes and from breakfast to dinner to drinks, every part of it was delectable. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made it a night we would never forget! If we only knew it would have been this enjoyable, we would have stayed long. I think Fond Doux captures the true essence of what a St. Lucian getaway should be and I would do it all over again in a heart beat. You should too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere