We just returned from our vacation in St. Lucia where we stayed at the Fond Deux for 7 nights. The moment we arrived they offered us a cold drink and time to relax after traveling all day. We stayed in the Treehouse cottage, which has a private pool and an outdoor living area. Highly recommend that you look into the upgraded cottages. The privacy and amenities are well worth the price.
Our vacation was all-inclusive so we ate in the restaurant for every meal. The food was outstanding with several choices at each meal- fresh catch of the day, chef specials and great dessert. You will not be disappointed if your plans included traveling the island by day but returning to Fond Deux to eat at night. It was one of the best dining experiences of our life.
We decided to take the free shuttle to Sugar Beach most days, but did end up taking a water taxi to Anse Chastanet one day to experience the black volcanic sand beach. Fond Deux offers several excursions that looked great, but we only went on the sunset cruise. That trip was well worth the price. The only other travel tip is to have the hotel pick you up at the airport. The price is more than reasonable given the proximity of the airport to the plantation.
Finally, I would suggest that you read all reviews and look at photographs. We felt like those gave us a great idea of what to expect from the Fond Deux. Its a rustic, jungle setting on a working plantation- nothing like the sterile resorts you might be used to. We loved every minute of our time at Fond Deux and will recommend it to all our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere