My husband and I joined two of our friends for an amazing week at Fond Doux! We found the beautifully restored cottages to be so charming with the gingerbread wood cut outs in the walls, the high ceilings, and front porch (where I was able to spend several mornings painting pictures of the cacoa tree, banana tree, and flowers surrounding the cottage). Beautiful paths through the rainforest led to the wonderful Jardin Cacao restaurant, which had great food and the best natural ambiance of any restaurant we saw in St. Lucia. The pools, though small, were in a beautiful jungle setting, so private, just lovely! We would highly recommend this resort! It is not your typical lodging, and is in a great location near the PItons and other places of interest. I would recommend renting a 4 wheel drive SUV to be able to drive to these sites, and to the nearby beaches of Sugar beach and Anse Chastenet. These 2 beaches were great for snorkeling - we saw many colorful fish and coral- and held the breathtaking views of the huge Pitons. Loved, loved , loved Fond Doux!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere