With our first trip to St. Lucia, I believe we made a good choice of selecting Fond Doux. We stayed in the Bamboo Cottage. I will say we originally were booked for Banana Tree but were placed in Bamboo. I had to inquire with the receptionist about the change and was told work was being done on Banana Tree. They did apologize for not telling us before setting us up in Bamboo. In the end, I was ok with staying in Bamboo because we really didn't have anyone staying next to us but for maybe one night so it was so quiet; it felt like we were on the plantation by ourselves. The plantation was gorgeous! Everything was so breath-taking. The staff were really friendly and make us feel completely welcomed. I would recommend Fond Doux. One thing I will mention is that the cottages do not have air conditioning so if you go when it's hotter, that maybe uncomfortable but it rained off and on pretty much our entire time so it was bearable. The food was absolutely delicious! Everything we tasted we loved. This was such a good experience for our first time and we will be visiting St. Lucia and Fond Doux again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere