It was a real pleasure staying here, the place and staff were wonderful. There were always several people there able to answer and assist us. Its a couple minutes from two nice restaurants if you choose to not eat at the plantation. Its about 5-10 minutes from Sugar beach which was very beautiful, snorkeling and another restaurant right there. The taxi to the beach is free to and from at a designated time. The food there was always very good, they hosted several night performances at the restaurant. Considering the location on the island not being on the beach, I don't think it gets much better. Additionally this part of the island was more lush than the other areas and several attractions nearby. Bugs were a very minor issue and it was mostly quiet at night other than the bugs but I had no trouble sleeping. The bed was a little harder than I like but I adjusted soon enough and I never complained to the staff so it was my own dealing. I believe staying here was a great value. Keep in mind that you either need to rent a car or taxi around which can add up. We chose a taxi (the plantation sets it up) as it would average out less than renting by a good portion and they were on time. Additionally the staff do not get paid much considering, which is typical on the island, so tips are greatly appreciated for everyone but not expected. They all still provided excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere