My husband and I purchased our trip through Groupon and we were delighted with our experience. We stayed for a week and everything was wonderful and exactly what we expected based on the reviews we read here. A few highlights:
We requested Cinnamon cottage when we made our reservations, and were told it was booked, so they put us into Hillside Coconut. When we got there, we found out we were in Hillside Guava. We were *so* happy we ended up there, as the patio with the view of the rain forest was unbelievable, and a highlight of the trip. It is a hike to get to the room (especially after a few rum punches), but absolutely worth it.
The Jardin Cacao restaurant was lovely, even magical at night with the lanterns lit and the music playing. Everything we ate there during our week stay was delicious, and the menu changed daily so it was always interesting. The chef even went out of his way to make curry goat for me one night so I could try it, even though it was not on the menu that night. Our Groupon was all-inclusive, and we really felt like we had a great value for the food and drink we received.
I highly recommend the sulfur springs/massage experience if you are a couple. We went with a guide (Tonia, who was wonderful) to the sulfur springs early in the morning (9am) before the bus-loads of tourists came. We spent an hour coating ourselves in volcanic mud with Tonia's guidance, and then soaking in the hot springs. Then we came back to Fond Doux for a wonderful couple's massage. Fragrant oils, birds chirping...so relaxing.
I also recommend the rum punch as prepared and served by Jarret, the charming and outgoing bartender. He will make you feel like you are at a party in the middle of the rainforest.
Overall, the hospitality at Fond Doux was wonderful. Lyton and Aroline are warm and welcoming, the staff are helpful and friendly, and Bounty, Socks and Trouble will keep you entertained. I highly recommend Fond Doux and I hope we have the opportunity to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere