Just returned from a week at the Fond Doux Holiday Plantation for our Honeymoon and we had a wonderful and very relaxing time. The staff at Fond Doux are very friendly and willing to assist with anything. We stayed in the Coconut cottage which had a gorgeous view from the front deck. The cottage was very clean and well maintained. I did sleep with earplugs, animal/insect noises as expected given you are in the middle of a rainforest. The hotel was very accomodating as we had to change the dates of our trip. I had originally booked our trip via Travelocity and just called the hotel to make the switch. We actually did not spend much time at the hotel itself, we had rented a car and wanted to take advantage of that. We are so glad we rented a car, it gave us the luxury to come and go as we pleased. Sugar Beach is a 10 min drive away and Soufriere about 15 mins. I know the hotel provides shuttle services, however we never used this. My husband drove the whole time and had no problems. The main highway around the island is pretty well maintained. The side roads are where you may run into problems, but we tried to avoid these. We were very happy with our stay, you cannot beat the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere