My husband and I stayed in Cinnamon for a week during our honeymoon as part of the all-inclusive plan. We really enjoyed our stay, and the entire staff worked hard to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. The food was excellent, and the issue discussed in in earlier reviews about being charged for bottled water on the all-inclusive plan have been resolved, as we were not charged for this.
Considering that we were staying on a plantation in the middle of the rain forest, it was not as buggy as we thought it would be. We agree with other reviewers who indicated that Fond Doux is not for everyone, as it is not a mega resort, and does not have a mega resort feel. If you are looking for something a little different and off the beaten path, this hotel is exactly that. We did not rent a car, so we took advantage of what there was to do at Fond Doux and in the surrounding area, including, a tour of the plantation, a day at the beach, relaxing at the pools, walking to the Tet Paul Nature Trail, and taking cooking lesson.
In addition, the owners and staff were willing to go above and beyond for guests. For example, the day we decided to go to Sulphur Springs, we were told that there was no need to hire a taxi, as it is right down the road, so the owner of Fond Doux drove us there. He arranged with the staff of the mud springs to call Fond Doux when we were done so that someone could pick us up. On the day we decided to hike Gros Piton, and the front desk arranged our ride. In the meantime, we asked if the kitchen would be able to pack us some lunch, and they packed some sandwiches and fruit for us to take along. We completed the hike faster than we expected to, and our ride was there waiting to pick us up.
After dinner there wasn’t much to do, but enjoy the night sounds of the plantation and relaxing in our cottage. Unlike several reviewers, we did not find the rainforest sounds to be any problem, as it wasn’t much different than sleeping with your windows open in suburban, NJ at the end of the summer. As pretty much everyone else has said, there is an abundance of fresh fruit at Fond Doux. Even on our last day, as we sat on our porch reading for a few minutes before we had to leave, a worker was picking tangerines from a tree near our cottage. As he jumped out of the tree, he tossed us each one of the tangerines he just picked. You cannot get anything fresher than that! Overall we enjoyed our stay at Fond Doux.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere