My young daughter and I recently spent a week at Fond Doux, first in the Cocoa Tree cottage, then the Avocado House. Both cottages were charming, clean, private, and well cared for. We met a nice family who were in the Angelina cottage, which I toured, and it is absolutely stunning. I would highly recommend all 3 cottages, but the Angelina is just beautiful and much larger than it looks on the website. The owners and staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful. Jerome the driver was knowledgeable and very flexible- without a rental car we were able to get around easily. St. Lucia is just gorgeous, and Fond Doux was probably my favorite part. I loved being nestled in the lush tropical surroundings instead of at a beach hotel. The garden paths are gorgeous, filled with tropical flowers and fruit trees and my daughter and I loved watching the hummingbirds and lizards that frequent them. The restaurant was very nice and the servers were all very sweet. I thought the "catch of the day" was just delicious- fresh fish served with flavorful rice and a variety of fresh local vegetables- I ate it pretty much every day! There are also many nice restaurants near by, Boucan is just down the road and was beautiful and delicious. I would highly recommend staying at Fond Doux and hope to return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort is a 19th century eco-friendly colonial resort nestled in the heart of St. Lucia, best known for romantic, intimate, and private luxury cottages. The resort is situated amidst a 250 year old working plantation and features an assortment of 15 uniquely crafted cottages, two on-site restaurants, and a collage of outdoor swimming pools, as well as an organic spa. The resort is a scenic 45 minute drive from the island's international airport. As a guest of Fond Doux, you will be conveniently located just minutes away from St. Lucia's main attractions, including The Pitons, The Sulphur Springs - 'The Caribbean's only drive in volcano' - and the best diving sites on the island, all within a prestigious UNESCO World Heritage Site. Whether you're traveling for business, a romantic honeymoon or wedding escape, or for a fun-filled family vacation, Fond Doux Plantation & Resort offers the perfect ambiance in St. Lucia for all travel types. A mere glance out your cottage door will evoke both tranquillity and a journey into the land of adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fond Doux Plantation & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fond Doux Holiday Plantation Hotel
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort St. Lucia/Soufriere