“Piece of Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crystals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soufriere
Crystals
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Rochester, New York
“Piece of Heaven”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I do not ever write in reviews and my relationship with TripAdvisor is basically looking for somewhere to eat /stay and that's petty much it . This was so taken aback and impacted my family and I that I just had to .

Crystals ( the name speak for its self) is a gem right in-the center of heaven, from the bumpy road to the rustic tree top bar held up by mango trees. My two teenagers and my Husband stayed 3 nights inthe Papaya and 4 nights inthe Silver Palm in March. The rooms were beyond words . It was large and very spacious , luxurious furniture , AMAZING VIEWS, the architecture is amazing like something you would see in a fairy-tale. My favorite was probably the outside garden shower . How skilled is the owners Monica & Martin who builds and designs all out of handmade tools and natural rocks and other commodities of nature, The bed was so soft , and the natural sound of the rain-forest came in sync with the atmosphere . What amazing nights.

My husband and I were in awe of the breath taking natural beauty not only of the pitons but the sea view and the lush greenery , the kids of course were too stunned by our private pool . The one in the Silver Palm definitely had an affect on them 35 ft pool. We had to drag them out upon departure.

Breakfast at Crystals is amazing , yummy coconut pancakes , eggs, fruit plate with something called sour- swop ( native fruit). , some local made biscuits (most delicious thing ever) and local bread ............Delicious! This was served to us-at anytime of our request

We did have a problem with out water pressure once however this was fixed in a few minutes . Jessica pointed out that sometimes leaves get into the system .

We really loved that crystals had 2 dog on property a little black poodle named storm and a playful German Shepherd called Sheba. It made us feel like we were back at home except in a more relaxed , adventurous state of mind
Crystals offers complimentary cocktail nights, you sit inthe tree top bar and socialize with other guest and Monica and Martin , who has such fascinating stories to tell . The kids loved the fresh squeezed juices and we absolutely LOVED the rum punches, which has a bit of a kick warning .... it can make you see double Sheba's.

Definitely rent a jeep ! Taxi's could be expensive and some of the best attractions require vehicle access. If you are not a driver I guess Jessica can set up a unlimited taxi for you like she did for the other couple from Switzerland.

Thank you Martin , Monica , Jessica and all the staff of Crystals for an amazing vacation!
We will be back next year ...!
Love Ellen , Marcus , Avery and Adelyn xoxoxoxo

Room Tip: The Papaya has amazing piton views , but the silver palm is stunning, it also has sea views !
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank ellie25elle
Crystals-Soufriere, Guest Relations Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, April 29, 2014

for your wonderful review and may I say we are honored that in spite of the fact that you do not put reviews on you did for Crystals.

You and your Family were a real delight and it was a pleasure to hear how enthusiastic you all were about visiting all the off the beaten track places, using our suggestions rather than just the run of the mill places that every one knows.

We do run our property off rain water so yes at times sediment might get into the taps o one might get low pressure but as you know it takes one minute to fix this and all is back to normal, part of the slight inconvenience for going green.

May I as well say thank you for re booking with us for next year its nice to know that we made a good impression and you enjoyed our property, we are looking forward to welcoming you all back here again soon

All the best for the rest of the year from all of us here at Crystals

Monica Martin Jessica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Princeton, Minnesota
Reviewed March 31, 2014

One thing to be aware of before booking at Crystals, if you are allergic to cats and dogs, this is not the place for you. There are quite a bunch of feral cats roaming the property, and due to some guests who invite them inside to visit, the cats have become quite tame. They walk right in through the doors and open shower areas. The geckos and cockroaches come in also, but those really don’t bother me. We had to check out early due to my allergies to cats. Crystals really should mention this on their website.

I also wish that Crystals would put screens on the windows. It cools off nicely in the hills at night, and I would have loved to have the windows open for the nice breeze and to listen to the night sounds of crickets and frogs, but because of mosquitoes could not leave the windows open.

Other than that, Crystals is a beautiful place to visit. The setting is very nice, with views of the pitons and the rain forests all around. It is very secluded. The owners, Monica, Martin and Jessica are wonderful people and make you feel very welcome. Jessica took us on a trip through the village of Soufriere and showed us where to go and things to see and do. She has a wonderful, friendly personality. The evening happy hours are a great way to meet other guests who are from all over the world. We were lucky enough to be there for one of Monica’s wonderful dinners. It was very elegant and the food superb. The breakfasts were out of this world. I loved the coconut pancakes in particular.

3 Thank Karen G
Crystals-Soufriere, Front Office Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Guys thank you for your kind review and happy you enjoyed your stay, sorry you had allergy to cats, that is why we have a strict policy for guests not to entice the cats into the cottages,however as they are so cute and friendly they like to visit at times, every property on Island has a cat roaming its ground its quite the norm.

We have two dogs as well, used to have 3 but sadly one passed away, we have a turtle as well, all very friendly .

WE do have screens on some of the windows on the cottages and now we have put on a large screen door on the cottage you were in, mind you in your cottage you did have a large window with a screen in it so I do not know why you did not open the large window for air, anyway we hope we have solved this problem now with the double screen door,

Crystals is not for every one ,so if you are not used to being in the rain forest we totally understand Crystals might not be the place for you no matter what we do we can not guarantee that a cat might not pop in to visit we have 4 on property, usually they keep away and just meander by but the day you came the week before we had a delightful couple in who adored animals so of course enticed them in , so i say what to do !

Well happy you took the time to let everyone know we have cats on property that is good news .

Thank you for your kid comments wishing you both well
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

What a breathtaking end to our honeymoon we had in Crystals! We stayed at Calabash and truly loved the unique surroundings, personable and extremely hospitable hosts Monica, Martin and Jessica and the delightfully bohemian yet stylish feel of the room.

It staggers me that anyone could have a bad word to say about this truly lovely hotel. Dinner nights are unmissable. Fabulous food, fabulous company and a window to a truly St Lucian way of partying! We had a ball.

We were saddened to see the dead puppy on leaving the hotel and the distress this must have caused to the neighbours. I just hope this was an accident and someone didn't deliberately drive over it. However this is no reflection on the wonderful time we had at Crystals.

Anyone who gets to stay at Crystals will remember it for the rest of their lives.....

Room Tip: Look into each individual room with care. Calabash was fantastic!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystals-Soufriere, General Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Guys I thank you for your very kind review so nice to know we are appreciated here in what we do.

Crystals is for Guests like you well traveled ( and that does not mean travelling by staying in resorts )who have been there done this and that now looking for not a traditional hotel but a unique experience .

We could have done a normal run of the mill hotel(ha ha probably make a lot more money) you know all concrete and box like in the traditional lines(what most people are used to) but we wanted to go out of the box and create Crystals nothing like a normal hotel(Thank God). With ambiance and soul, so we created Crystals

Full of beautiful furnishings hand carved or antiques from round the world, bright colors, plants and trees and Swiss family Robinson style restaurant

Crystals is not just a villa Hotel to us but our baby and hobby we nurture and take care of it and hope those who are looking for a special place ,here we are.(oh you know at times we wish we could have a check list for Guests to fill out so we would know if Crystals is for them).

Well I do thank you for your kind positive review very well appreciated wishing you both a long and happy life together and hope you come and visit us again
Minneapolis,MN
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We are returning guests to Crystals and had the opportunity to stay in the lovely new villa Silver Palm. The soaring cathedral ceilings and spacious interior with views of both the Pitons and the sea is most impressive. There are two patio areas off the main living area with everything you need including a BBQ. The huge kitchen is both beautiful and functional - we made great use of the blender making frozen margaritas. The furnishings reflect Monica's flair for design with antique and contemporary furniture that is both stylish and comfortable - great for lounging and watching the flat screen TV. If you feel like a swim there is a 7' deep pool right off the patio area. The main bedroom suite on the second floor has an indoor sitting area and outdoor balcony which is perfect for star gazing. The king size bed is handmade by Martin of mahogany branches and is a work of art. The area surrounding the villa is so peaceful and quiet it feels like you are in your own little paradise. We had another couple with us and it was so fun to be able to stay in the same villa together but have more that enough room to hang out in. Add to this breakfast delivered to your door, the Treetop Bar with complimentary rum punch and wine, Monica's gourmet meals, and the wonderful hospitality of Crystals and you have everything a caribbean vacation can offer. If you have any questions or problems please let Monica know - she will do everything in her power to take care of your concerns -she takes pride in making sure her guests have a memorable and pleasant stay at Crystals. Sometimes people can make very unreasonable requests - this happens at every hotel. But it really does bother her when guests are unhappy. One thing that guests should think about is that you really do need a jeep if you want to see the island since Crystals is up in the rainforest. Monica can arrange jeep rental for you and also sailing trips etc. We love to travel and we always try to stay at more unique lodgings because they offer a more personal experience - we will always find that at Crystals

Room Tip: The villas are all unique - you have a completely different experience in each one! Papaya is one o...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Crystals-Soufriere, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hi Darlings,

well what can I say to you Guys but thank you for your support over the years and happy to have you back each year.

It was a pleasure to get to know your friends and that you all enjoyed our new villa

Love the photos I have already taken a couple for our site as you know all our photos are from Guests as we want to make sure what you see is what you get.

We have opened as of today the new part of the restaurant so nice I hope you will come back next year and experience the new environment..

Well Darlings Love and Blessing to you both

Martin Monica and Jessica
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed March 29, 2014

After staying at Crystals in Feb. 2013 on our first visit to St. Lucia we had no hesitation returning this year. We love their location up in the rain forest, with views of the Pitons and the Caribbean.
Each unit is unique (we've stayed in Sugarcane, Papaya and this year in Silver Palm) and we would be happy with any of them again. Each day starts with a wonderful breakfast of breads, "bakes", fruit, coconut pancakes and sometimes eggs; all delivered to your room at the time you select. Each day wraps up with my favorite: the gathering at the Treetop Bar for complimentary rum punch and a casual visit with the other guests. This is a chance to meet people from all over the world and share experiences of our adventures on the island.
Crystals is run by Monica, Martin and Jessica and they are some of the friendliest, most sincere people we've ever met. From Monica's "hello Darling" and hugs, Martin's hearty laugh and evening music, and Jessica's bubbly personality you will feel like you are part of one big happy family; and you really are. I read the one recent negative review and couldn't believe they were writing about the same place and especially about the same people. Monica is a wonderful host, recommending things to see and the best places to eat and even calling to make us reservations.
We will be returning to Crystals to relax, laugh and soak in the magic of the island.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank GregandPJ
Crystals-Soufriere, Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
What a pleasure to have had you both stay with us at Crystals, and we appreciate that you took the time to write in a review with such kind comments.

We do try to improve and progress all the time here we never stop, partly as we are very enthusiastic about our property and take joy in what we do, our latest baby being Silver Palm Villa.

Silver Palm is open and looking great but as usual we will be tweaking it like all the other accommodations on property.

Hope you will return and visit us again Martin Monica and Jessica
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had to laugh when I read the negative review posted about Crystals. It looks to me like the lady (for want of a better word) wanted her money back, I certainly hope she didn't get it, we see people like her all over theworld, they think they can make a complaint and stay for free. She and people like her are what give American tourists a bad name....I am guessing she is American.

I have stayed at Crystals more times than I can count and each visit is better than the last. This time they have added a fabulous cottage that is furnished in the most elegant style. Each cottage looks like a picture from Vogue. Monica and Martin the hosts are the most wonderful, generous people one could ever be fortunate enough to meet. The food is good, the staff are great, I could go on and on. This place is fabulous if you don't stay there you are missing out on the good things in life.

Room Tip: I can't add a tip in this section, each room that I have stayed in had been wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Crystals-Soufriere, Owner at Crystals, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
It was once again marvelous to have you here at Crystals and I so agree with your very valid points all so very true.

That is why I think TA is great as you can reply back and say the truth, as it works both ways.

Will be looking forward to seeing you next year as I see you made a reservation for March, great news

Wishing you well until we meet again

Monica
London30
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I am a return guest to Crystals and stayed for three days in mid March. The new villa, Silver Palm, is divine. There are the usual wonderful views of the Pitons and the Caribbean Sea which you can view from several en suite patios. The villa has all the eclectic and tasteful talents of Monica, from locally made four poster beds to a super granite topped kitchen. The main lounge is open plan so there is always space to just relax and enjoy the views. Monica and Martin also offer guest dinners two or three times a week which is a great end to the day and an opportunity to meet up with their other guests who appreciate the original and amazing experience of staying at Crystals.