“Fantastic views, privacy and outdoor space with lovely hosts”
Review of Crystals

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Soufriere
Crystals
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Soufriere
Toronto
“Fantastic views, privacy and outdoor space with lovely hosts”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from 10 nights at Crystals: 6 nights at Calabash and 4 in the Sugar Cane.
Both had fabulous views of the Pitons and the rainforest, I don't think you could get better views anywhere!
They were also both very private and although Crystals is expanding, you can tell that the owners will ensure that each villa maintains that sense of seclusion.
We rented a vehicle and were so glad we did as Crystals is really high up in the hills as well as being quite far off from the main road. Also there is no sign from the road (which I think helps keep it private) so I have included a photo of the bench beside the rough road where you turn.. . You will also want a vehicle to explore the rest of this enchanting island.
While the Sugar Cane has an amazing outdoor space, as far as the villas themselves we preferred the layout of the Calabash. (It is a bit difficult to use the living room at the Sugar Cane although it looks lovely, we would sit around the impressive large table instead.) And as much as we would prefer to be outside enjoying the views and pool, it rains quite a bit so sometimes you have to be inside...in which case we enjoyed the Calabash better.
Breakfasts were great and filling, delivered to our villa at the time we liked. The hosts and staff are very nice, Monica even offered us a villa free of charge for a night when it looked like our flight home to Toronto may have been canceled!
I would highly recommend Crystals to anyone who wants to visit the most beautiful and genuine part of St. Lucia. But for the overly pragmatic, understand that this is the Caribbean--not everything works perfectly--from little leaks to poor water pressure and muddy roads, you just have to slip into that easygoing mindset and go with the flow...its nothing a good rum punch can't fix!

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Simone01
Crystals-Soufriere, Front Office Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
First of all we would like to say all the best for 2014 and wishing you both Health happiness and lots of Blessings.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us it was a real pleasure to have you both here and we noticed that you did it all out everyday taking advantage of what Soufriere has to offer.

Calabash I have to say is one of the most popular cottages being very intimate with of course great views. happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Thank you for sending in a positive review we appreciate it.

take care and have ag ood year
Martin Monica and Jessica and all the staff at Crystals

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just when I was about to give up on my search for a unique hotel, I stumbled on crystals. I was immediately hooked ! The booking process was quite easy as compared to the other hotels I've been to . Jessica was so informative . Within a couple of hours i was booked . Upon arrival i knew this was gonna be perfect for my husband Chandler and I . We were greeted with a friendly face and delicious rumpunches ( which by the way i want the recipe ). We stayed inthe sugarcane for 7days . The views are out of this world ! Chandler and I relaxed on our deck and watched the stars every night . We had our own private plunge pool which faced the pitons. The piton view also was so magical that we didn't want to leave our cottage. Breakfast is the best at crystals . Coconut pancake , basil eggs, fruit plates , some arepas , to name a few ..... mmmmm .....

My cottage was amazing fully air-conditioned , amazing views , (from my room as well)amazing furnishings , cable (thank god , as my husband love sports) Extremely comfortable. Monica of-course is the interior designer . Such talent !!!

Cocktail night are amazing as well , you hang out in a neat treehouse bar with pretty much everyone . Monica and Martin are great Entertainers. Martin;s literally a 1 man band . One night he pulled out a keyboard , the other drums , guitar and a sax !!!!! DO NOT MISS MONICA DINNER NIGHTS !!!! THEY ARE TO DIE FOR !!! tropical chicken mmmmmmm ,.

Martin Jessica & Monica Guaranteed a true St.lucian experience and they truly lived up to it.
I will be back next year !!!!!

Room Tip: Sugarcane has amazing views.!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cecelia_powell
Crystals-Soufriere, Guest Relations Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your positive kind review and having you both here was a real pleasure.

We finished and opened our new Silver Palm on the 24th of December just in time for a storm, but the good news was the Villa had no problems at all of course apart from a slight electricity problem as all of soufriere for a day.

I see you have just booked to come back in the summer how wonderful will be looking forward to seeing you both again soon

Martin Monica and Jessica
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were so enchanted last year by the Crystals experience with Monica, Martin and Jessica we could think of no where else to return to. This year we stayed in Calabash and the cottage was beautifully decorated with stunning views and superb plunge pool. We enjoyed two of Monica's fine dining evenings with beautiful local cuisine prepared by Monica and her girls with fine wines from around the world.

A real highlight for us was a days sailing arranged by Monica on a fine yacht under actual sail - we joined forces with two other lovely couples staying at Crystals and what a day we had bobbing on the ocean waves all the way up to Marigot Bay - this trip is a must if you stay at Crystals.

We cannot fault anything at Crystsls and can't wait to return 2014.

Room Tip: Try Calabash for excellent views and comfort.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you and it was a pleasure to have you both back again Guys and glad to hear you still enjoy staying with us at Crystals, of course now you are family friends.

May I wish you both all the best for 2014 and hope this year will bring you good health wealth and happiness
Blessings from Monica Martin Jessica and all the staff at crystals
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We try to avoid the "typical" hotel experience when traveling without the kids. Since this vacation was to celebrate our 10th anniversary we decided to island hop and visit St. Lucia and Barbados. After seeing pictures, reading reviews and being in contact with Jessica, we were positive Crystals was the right choice for the beginning of our vacation.
Monica's warm welcome immediately confirmed our choice. She made a delicious rum punch for me and blended a non-alcoholic banana drink for my husband that he is still talking about. We later met Martin and found him just as welcoming. The staff, recommendations, views, daily breakfast, and attention to details helped make this a perfect anniversary. The entire property is romantic and each cottage is uniquely beautiful. However, the day views and moonlit deck at Papaya are unforgettable!
We had dinner at Crystals our last night (actual anniversary) and Monica's food, presentation and warmth rivaled any 5 star restaurant.
The bugs (my biggest concern) nor animals on property would deter us from returning. Bugs are expected in the rainforest and the cats/dogs were absolutely adorable.
Crystals may not be for everyone but its perfect for us!
Love, Sheila and Will

Room Tip: The views from Papaya are breathtaking!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ready2again
First of all can we wish you both Blessings happiness and health for 2014 and that we hope to see you both back here very soon

Thank you for the time to send in the positive review so well appreciate by us all here at Crystals.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Staying in Mango for just 2 nights was a dream and we wished we had been able to stay longer. The private pool was awesome, as it was our honeymoon and the whole place just really encouraged romance and relaxation. Fun was also top notch, I loved the decor and special touches, breakfast served to your room each morning and getting to know the other guests-only 4 cottages make it perfect to chat over the rum punch hour-which is very laid back and tons of laughter! We met some really nice people, but Monica, Martin and Jessica we now consider our St.Lucia friends-they were always there when needed and really accommodating. We can't wait to see how they finish the next cottage which looks to be spectacular!
Also-if they are offering the yachting trip-go with the others, we did and SO impressed, it was such a great experience!

Cheers!
Jennie and Mark

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Crystals-Soufriere, Front Office Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
HI Guys

thank you for your kind comments about Crystals and our Family so well appreciated.
The sailing tour I have to say is loved by all and an amazing day out and loved by all.

The New villa should be opening very very soon(at last hahah) so look out for the photos online, it look quite a bit longer to finish than anticipated but hey that is how it is here but the end result will be appreciated by all.

loved having you both here and a pleasure to get to know you at cocktail hour.

Next time I hope you Guys can spend a bit longer with us here at Crystals,hoe to see you again soon

Blessings for 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

We visited Crystals in November 2013 to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and I can honestly say it was the best place we have ever stayed. I consider our trip to be more than just a holiday, it was an experience we will never forget. Booking this trip could not have been easier and this is all thanks to the wonderful Jessica.....through various emails she helped and advised us on our visit to st lucia and by the time we arrived I felt like we were old friends. St lucia can only be described as paradise, we spent a week in the North before heading to the beautiful town of Soufriere to begin our adventure. The landscape and scenery was stunning, with lush rainforest, tropical flowers and many beaches where you could swim with the fish, there is something for everyone. We were greeted by jessica who offered us a chilled rum punch to help us settle in, she also kindly took us on a tour of the town and pointed out all the local sights and recommended good places to eat, she is a wee gem. Crystals is truly unique, we were lucky enough to get to stay in mango for a night before moving to calabash, every cottage is stunning and spacious with amazing views and probably the best decor/furnishings I have ever seen. We both love nature and felt so lucky to stay in this tropical hideaway, we even had our own pool and the privacy was so lovely. Monica and Martin are two of the nicest people we have ever met, they are kind, gentle, talented and gracious hosts. Martin entertained us all week with his music and dancing and Monica cooked delicious meals, they both had us captivated by all their stories and we spent many a night enjoying the 'craic' in the treetop bar. Monica's outfits and flowers were always beautiful and tropical like the surroundings. We had an amazing week, there is so much to do in st lucia, waterfalls, beaches, volcanos, delicious restaurants and nice strong drinks, we did a boat trip organised by crystals which was a highlight as we got to meet the other lovely guests. The only negative thing was having to leave and come home to Ireland but we hope to some day return. I would recommend crystals to anyone, it is excellent value for money, we visited many resorts on the island and none compared. We feel like we learned so much about the history and culture of the island and had great fun. Thank you to Monica, Martin, Jessica and all the staff at crystals for doing an amazing job, we will never forget this trip.

Ciara and Ricky Love xx

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank ciaralove
Crystals-Soufriere, General Manager at Crystals, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Ciara and Ricky

Well great review thanks you we do appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write in and share what you have experienced here with the world.

Crystals of course is not for the majority being very different to a normal run of the mill hotel we offer more of an experience as you well know. We do not have white tiled floors and manicured gardens and virtually a track rather than a paved road up to Crystals ,but we do have warm wood floors or some rustic stone tiles , hand carved furniture and a natural wild garden with an abundance of flowers and fruits trees.
Saying all that we still want our Guests to enjoy few comforts so all the cottages have private pools, patio with BBQ , air condition, cable vision for that night in and wifi in the public areas should one have to contact the outside world.
How wonderful it was to get to know you both and from Ireland long way to come (spread the word hahah) again a real pleasure to have you here and looking forward to seeing you back here again soon
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I just got back from Crystals in St. Lucia and enjoyed ourselves so much, my husband is ready to get the next plane back. The views were beautiful, the cottages so unique and the owner's couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. The other guests were great and I can't think of anything bad to say. Happy hours were a lot of fun and renting a car didn't turn out to be so bad since it is the first time my husband drove on the left side of the road. Certainly recommend renting a car. Food was great...guess I could go on and on. We stayed in the Sugar Cane and would probably like to try a different cottage next time just to compare. I don't have any doubt we will go back. Cheers to Martin, Monica and Jessica for all your help and attention! Guy & Robin

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, we appreciate it tremendously and are grateful for your kind comments.
Having you staying with us at Crystals and knowing you enjoyed our special very different type of property was great.

I hope one day you will both return and enjoy our continuing progress

Blessings for 2014