Crystals St Lucia
$475
$333
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$428
$415
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$206
Hotels.com
$680
$595
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$521
$500
$693
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$200
$120
  • Breakfast included
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotwire.com
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssugar canecoconut pancakessilver palmtreetop barrum punchcalabash cottageevery morningcocktail hourhis guitarrain waterst luciatree housecooked dinnerour honeymoonprivate poolamazing viewssailing trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have just come back from a wonderful holiday in St.Lucia and the highlight for us was the fabulous view we woke up to every morning from our Papaya Cottage in the very unique Crystals.
The staff were great from arranging the jeep hire (absolutely essential!) to Dwayne lighting our BBQ and Jessica for just being so cheerful! This was our second time staying at Crystals and Monica and Martin welcomed us back as though we were family. It still has all the rustic charm and quirkiness from our last visit but now has the welcome addition of air conditioning! Monica got us a very good rate for zip lining at Tree top adventure park which was well worth the trip coupled with lunch on the beach at Vieux Fort. We did spend two days at Rodney Bay for water sports, shopping and a delicious lunch at Spice of India but for sheer relaxation and views you can't beat the chilled out experience at Crystals. If anything, it was better second time around. We knew not to expect the sanitised conditions of a Sandals type resort and we were even pleased to see the road to the property remains as bumpy as ever! We loved staying at Crystals because we felt more connected to nature. If you want to sit with your book and a glass of wine looking out at the most spectacular view then this is for you. We will return.

Room Tip: Papaya has great views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank holsa
Crystals-Soufriere, Manager at Crystals St Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your very kind and positive review.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Crystals and see the continuing progression of Crystals .

We put in air condition for the comfort of our Guests as at times even with the nice breeze we get here on top of a hill it can get rather hot and humid on Island.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and thank you again for the time to send in a review.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Crystals is a fantastic property.

I live in saint Lucia. A few months ago my boyfriend and and i decided we wanted to get away from the busy city. And where better to go than crystals? A place I have been meaning to visit for years.

our room was comfortable and clean. We woke woke up to an amazing view each morning and went to sleep in a 4 poster king size bed each night. A luxury I could get used to.

We never had to leave our room. All the historical sites we wanted to visit could be seen from the pool, the pitons and the Sulphur springs :)

It was a fantastic stay. If I could I would live at crystals haha

And I must Thank the Gracious hosts Monica and martin for fulfilling all our wishes.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank megan128273
Crystals-Soufriere, Manager at Crystals St Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you Megan for your review and your kind words so well appreciated.

I have to say I have quite a few locals come to visit for a special occasion honeymoon anniversary .
We do not advertise so all reservations on Island come via word of mouth and to me this is the best way.

I hope to see you here again

Blessings Monica and Martin

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Good for a RUSTIC cottage experience. Monica and Martin are fabulous. Jessica has to be one of the sweetest people my wife and I have met, she truly is a gem of a person! Crystals is unique and very much off the beaten path. However, my wife and I are seasoned travelers and I simply feel compelled to provide additional insights to help you make an informed decision. So... you CAN make this place work but there are some important considerations:

1. You are up on a ridge - which provides for the great view but you need to realize if it's 4:30PM, you got a bit of daylight left, and you'd like a quick evening beach swim, you're out of luck. What about that beach shuttle? Someone will run you to Soufriere Beach on the bottom of the hill but only at DESIGNATED drop off and pick up times. You can make the shuttle work but just something to factor in. A word about Soufriere Beach... the beach itself is pretty but feel like getting hustled?? You won't get a moments rest as locals ask questions, provide directions you weren't looking for, or try to sell you on trinkets all in an attempt to get money. Be mentally prepared for this in any of the local towns and it's quite disconcerting because it's an aggressive approach and it doesn't stop. Feel like being hustled?? Read: the resort areas keep this at bay and I would recommend going to other beaches, effectively removing the option to go to the local Crystals beach.*

2. What about those personal room pools for that evening dip? Yes, I thought about that too when booking. Crystals is an eco-friendly hotel so the pools are a collection of rainwater. Ahhhhh... sounds endearing, right? I really love this pool of collected rainwater and the view from the pool. But you need to understand your locale: the mountain side, living in the jungle (which is why we booked, to get away from manicured resorts) but the reality is there are many bugs and items that get into those rainwater pools. Yes, they are cleaned every morning, but one of the reasons I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is that the pool filtration system is really poor. The morning cleaning (only removing the floating debris) just cannot keep up with the rest of the day and every time I got in, I would kick up a debris field that had sunk to the pool floor. Determined to make this pool work I grabbed the pool net and spent an hour cleaning it myself and got it "tolerable". For Crystals to make this pool inviting for guests they must invest in a modern & POWERFUL filtration system - what they have now only moves dead insects and leaf bits from one end of the pool to the other. My wife couldn't bring herself to take more than one dip and the debris on the floor rendered the pool useless for us. There are other good aspects to this place, this is just an FYI.

3. Off the beaten path. If you opt to stay here, you absolutely need to rent a vehicle: let's say you just got in from your flight and took the long and expensive cab ride to Crystals. You haven't eaten in awhile and you think, no problem, I'll just stroll to the bar area for a burger or whatever you'd like to eat. Nope! No on-site restaurant. But you can go eat a few miles away (you need a car). Monica's cooking is out-of-this world!! She is a super, super chef BUT she's not always available (Monica does not cook the breakfast). *Beaches: I would recommend going to other beaches such as Jade, Sugar beach, or any of the resort beaches but all of that requires a rented car because the taxi is expensive.

4. Wifi - they shouldn't advertise they have wifi at all. Want to check flight info or a quick email? You'll find yourself seeking the small shaded area where the spotty signal comes through (which isn't really designed for guests, it's the owner's wifi that bleeds through the wall). So you end up standing, crouching, hunting for signal strength, have fun.

Overall, this was a good stay. The tree bar area comes alive at night and Monica & Martin are a blast to sing with and they are gracious & truly fantastic hosts. The sense of community and meeting other cottage guests was the highlight of staying at Crystals for us, you won't get this at traditional resorts. The best way to sum this up: nothing in St. Luica is cheap and Crystals is priced appropriately for what they deliver. If your expectations are managed from the above and you have a car to get yourself around, you'll have a fun and unique cottage experience with tons of heart at Crystals.

Room Tip: Papaya Cottage is the only option. If booked, stay here when it's available.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Chasing_Sunsets01
Crystals-Soufriere, Front Office Manager at Crystals St Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your review and point of view.

Crystals is located on a ridge five minutes drive from the town of Soufriere and the Hummingbird beach.

we run our pools off rain water so of course when we have heavy rains you will get leaves from the trees and at night could get insects , but it is not dirty just nature and persons who travel to the rain forest might experience things a bit different.
we do have the best quality pool filter systems on all our pools,, however while you were here we were experiencing strong winds and rain due to a tropical wave , so of course the use of a pool in an evening would not be the best of things to indulge in.

Our restaurant we open on reservation only, for lunch we have room service and a menu list is in each cottage, this is available from 11 to 3. as we open only for in house Guests and most of our Guests are out in the day.
No burger and fries here at all only fresh organic goods fresh salads fish, homemade bread for sandwiches, with fresh grilled chicken for example,.

Crystals is back to nature we try not to cut a tree , use rain water , growing our own organic foods and keep the environment as natural and as unspoiled as possible

If you are looking for unlimited fast foods hot dogs and burger, manicured gardens Crystals is not for you.

Our website is a true picture of Crystals 90% of the photos provided by our Guests, we do not want to be a cookie cutter hotel but what we are"Crystals" back to nature.

I am glad overall you enjoyed your stay with us and it was a pleasure to have you both here and hope you guys will come and visit again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned home from an amazing 10 days at Crystals. We spent 5 nights in sugarcane and then we were treated to an unexpected upgrade to the papaya cottage. The views from both cottages were breathtaking! Every morning we looked forward to that knock on the door for breakfast-yummy fried plantains and delicious cocoa tea! As a chef at a highly rated restaurant I usually cook for my husband and I every night but on our last night we enjoyed a scrumptious coconut pineapple chicken at crystals. A recipe I will surely use. Our trip was picture perfect. Concluded with nature tours and daily visits to the beach.crystals is a hidden gem. A special, romantic place for newly weds.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank klongville
Crystals-Soufriere, Manager at Crystals St Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your review so well appreciated, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Crystals .
Our dinner nights are rather special and the fact that you enjoyed it being a top chef is delightful, we are honored for you to use our pineapple coconut chicken recipe.
Crystals is not a resort but a unique boutique hotel offering a true St Lucian experience and valued by Clientele like you appreciating our vision to keep away from the traditional type of property .
I wish you both well and looking forward to seeing you both here soon

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Mosquitoes were not a major problem for as as we had fear , Yes we did get bitten here and there however we recommend incentives which took care of them.
I encountered no other problems like the previous reviews, I did get hot water every day, though the pressure was low one day, martin explain they run on run water and being at the edge of a rainforest sometimes meant that leaves get stuck in the system. However this took a minute and our pressure was back .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magarita M
Crystals-Soufriere, Manager at Crystals St Lucia, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Well I do thank you for being so kind to let the community know about the mosquito situation on Island and knowledge of our water system.

I am sure you enjoyed your stay as you did mention this to us on several occasions

It was a pleasure to have had you both here so I thank you and hope you will spread the word and come again and visit soon.