When we originally booked Crystals for our honeymoon, my husband was a little bit nervous that it would be too rustic for us. Quite the contrary -- the villa had everything we needed, except that my hairdryer didn't work (and I am a major hairdryer user -- it is almost a religion for me!). If you are looking for an easy all-inclusivey type place and are afraid of driving on rocky roads, Crystals would not be for you. If you could handle a little adventure and love privacy and romance (although with a few little bugs), then it is the place for you!
We loved Crystals sooooo much! Monica and Martin made us feel so welcome, and it was very easy to meet other guests staying at Crystals via the almost nightly get-togethers in the Crystals treehouse. Monica helped us make arrangements, including booking a Jeep for us, advising us on where to go, setting up restaurant reservations (Dashene), and setting up the Rainforest Tour with Ras. Our stay was truly out of this world. Sugar Cane (where we stayed) was gorgeous, with the most fantastic decorations and a wonderful view of the Pitons. We also had a grill at Sugar Cane. Since we live in Manhattan, we don't have this luxury at home, so my husband made a BBQ for all of the other guests staying at Crystals one night.
We could not have had a better honeymoon and hope we can return to Crystals to celebrate a special anniversary or renew our vows.
We also recommend visiting the following places:
- Hummingbird - great food and nearby
- Sulphur Springs & Diamond Falls
- Beach at Jalousie
- Beach at Anse Chasnet - our favorite beach and a beautiful resort we would consider staying at
- Dasheene at Ladera - special meal
- Rainforest Tour (we got to go with Ras)
If you get a chance, also head up to Marigot Bay. It is a bit of a rough drive, but it is very pretty. We drove past it.
For the last 4 days of our honeymoon, we stayed at the Sandals Regency (as I said, my husband was a bit scared of Crystals when I booked it). We somewhat regretted this, as Sandals did not offer the privacy, romance, and adventure that Crystals did. We found it to be very crowded and ordinary after our wonderful stay at Crystals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crystals is a one of a kind Tree House property with a cluster of unique cottages and Villas built into the trees. It is nestled away in the hillside of Soufriere with most spectacular views of the piton mountains, ocean and the picturesque town of Soufriere. Crystals is not an all inclusive resort. Here, you can take advantage of your own BBQ and full kitchen, or enjoy a wonderful feast at our Treetop Restaurant. Private chefs are also available. Our one of a kind cottages and villas are equipped with Air Conditioning and stylishly furnished with 4 poster king size beds, art from around the world, private pools and offer amazing, panoramic views of the ocean, the majestic Gros and Petit Piton and the drive-in volcano. Visit Crystals soon and allow yourself a moment to relax in a hammock and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of your lush surroundings, or get pampered with a full body massage in the privacy of your own cottage. Then join us every night for complimentary cocktails at our tree-top bar and dance the night away to the rhythms of a local band. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Crystals Hotel Soufrière
- Crystals St. Lucia/Soufriere