“3/4 good courses”

Orlando's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 34 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Orlando's is a unique restaurant in Sorfriere. Our concept is to showcase local ingredients with an international presentation. Also to support our local farmers and vendors to maintain a standard of farm to table concept which is called Share The Love (STL). Reservations Preffered. --- We are open for lunch by reservation if you have a party of 6 or more. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but if you have a party of 6 or more we are prepared to open for you.
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We popped in for lunch. Only other diners were uk celeb chef. Excellent amuse and starters. My main was good but partners was a bit bland and oily. Not massive portions but not too small. Orlando was a bit distracted by celeb chef but still performed well.

1  Thank Traveleroutdoors

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I thought I read the reviews for this restaurant but maybe I was just so excited to be going to St. Lucia. Let me start out by saying the food was DELICIOUS. I didn't realize that the menu was a prix fixed and it was a choice of Menu A (I think was $55pp) or Menu B (I think $65pp). Both my husband and I chose menu B. I also didn't realize that the portions were VERY VERY small. Think the size of a half dollar coin, and I think my husband got the slightly bigger portion. I think there were 5 courses. I remember be excited for the lobster maybe risotto/rice course. When the waiter put the plates down I almost laughed out loud. The lobster in the lobster course was the size of my pointer finger nail. Then cam the Filet Mignon course, that was a little bigger the size of my thumb finger nail. Knives definatley were not needed at this restaurant. For dessert I'm sorry I don't really remember what it was but there were two items. One of them was severed in a tall shot glass, the spoon we were given to get the pudding out of the glass didn't fit, ha ha ha. We used the other end of the spoon. My husband and I are not big eaters but we were talking about going back to the hotel and getting some sushi. When we sat down the waiter said we serve small portions but at the end of the meal you will not be hungry. He was wrong, so if you want delicious but VERY small amounts of food then you will be fine at Orlandos. I really do wish there was more of it, it was so VERY GOOD.

3  Thank Michele A
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We reserved a table for lunch on a Monday, our last day in St. Lucia, through a new feature on the website--still in development. But the restaurant is not open on Monday because Orlando preps for the evening at that time! Regardless, and even though it would be for just us two foodies, Orlando offered the menu and his restaurant, attentive and well-executed as if we were royalty. We both ordered the tasting menu for lunch--what a bargain and so very delicious! The fish was perfectly cooked--just fantastic. The restaurant couldn't be more charming and lovely, the staff incredibly attentive and solicitous, and Orlando was always around the corner or asking how we liked the food. Orlando clearly loves to cook and enjoys the enjoyment others find in the food he cooks. We can't wait to return.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Had a wonderful evening at Orlando's last night. Beautiful food especially the gaspacho soup, Lobster risotto & pineapple fritters. Chef kindly agreed to do a portion of grilled fish & sweet potato chips for our 8 year old who loved every mouthful! She was also provided with colouring crayons and paper to keep her entertained. Highly recommend it to other visitors.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went there last night and we we're received very courteously, the service was good. The menu consisted ONLY in 2 set meals of 5 courses, one for USD 55 and then other 65. We asked if we could have one of the dishes as a main and they were ok with it, charging us USD 25 for each, we agreed. When the food came though, we were very disappointed, the portions were hardly entree size. We ordered the steak and lobster risotto, the beef was asked at a medium and came fully cooked and the risotto had 4 tiny pieces of lobster. Pictures attached. The flavour was 5 stars, no complaints. I also ordered a rum punch that was very sour, I didn't finish it, my partner ordered an iced tea and was much pleased with it. We were also welcomed with a complimentary sorrel drink and 2 appetizers/tasters.
We told the manager we were upset about the portion size and he agreed to charge us only one of the meals, which we agreed and thought fair. He also offered a free meal, but we were not going to be around.
Overall the service and food were great, portions are to be improved for the price they're charging considering the area and the quality of the actual place.