“ORLANDO'S was highly recommended to me.”

Orlando's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 35 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Orlando's is a unique restaurant in Sorfriere. Our concept is to showcase local ingredients with an international presentation. Also to support our local farmers and vendors to maintain a standard of farm to table concept which is called Share The Love (STL). Reservations Preffered. --- We are open for lunch by reservation if you have a party of 6 or more. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but if you have a party of 6 or more we are prepared to open for you.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Orlando's lived up to the recommendation. We were greeted by very friendly staff, along with the chef. As we were seated we were given cold towels that were very refreshing on a very hot day when we were in the quaint village of Soufriere. The lunch was very delicious,, service exceptional, the chef was very friendly. I guess I didnt notice the cemetery, because I was so overwhelmed to be able to see the Pitons thro the open roof of part of the restaurant and the view of the ocean. The whole experience was a delight.
Looking forward to going back to Orlando's again.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

On our August family vacation we stayed in the sleepy fishing village of Soufriere. We decided to head for lunch into Orlando's just as we were walking back from a little shopping in the town. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted, seated and given cold towels which I found quite refreshing. We also had a locally prepared star fruit juice which is absolutely flavourful. I knew from then our lunch would be good. My expectations we blown away. The food, atmosphere and the staff are great. Then Orlando himself came out, and immediately enagaged us in an unpretentious conversation. My daughter Eden should still have her artwork up, for he asked her to draw a picture to keep her occupied while we waited for our lunch. Very engaging indeed.

Dashines never tasted so good, and the grapefruit and red onion salad with molasses sauce was pretty creative and highly flavourful. All in all we all had a great time. The ambiance of the place is very natural and refreshing. You only realize your immediate environment after you pass out the gate. We totally enjoyed ourselves at Orlando's. It was worth every penny. Cheers Sir, would highly reccomend this place to anyone visiting Soufriere or St. Lucia on a whole.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Soufriere is one of the poorest big towns I have ever seen in this part of the world. Orlando's is an owner/chef dominated restaurant across the street from an uncared cemetery.
Orlando dominated our quiet dining experience with his life story..which I really didn't want to hear. He made my wife some sort of overpriced lobster dish...trust me!!Do not trust Orlando.
If you're looking for an overpriced experience, this is the place for you.

1  Thank efrmdc
Orlando S, Owner at Orlando's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Orlando's.
I am sorry you did not appreciate my taking the time to share my ideals with you, you can see from other reviews that most guests enjoy it.
As for the town of Soufriere itself I do not think it is any worse than the others in the country, in fact I purposely chose to stay in Soufriere where I have lived for many years rather than open my restaurant in the north because I wanted to contribute something to this community.
I am sorry you felt that your wife's lobster dish was overpriced but lobster is extremely expensive eveywhere.other guests find my prices very reasonable.
As for saying do not trust me, I was not happy with this comment as I do not see what grounds you could possibly have for saying this after having met me for such a short time. We hope to see you again when you are next in St Lucia

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I will start off by saying the feeling you get when you walk into Orlando’s is very welcoming and sets the tone for what is to come.
I was first greeted by a gentlemen who sat me to my table. Then a beautiful women came over, introduced herself and gave me a cold refreshing towel to wipe my face and hands. I was then given a cold refreshing, freshly juiced drink to help me quench my thirst from the amazing weather in St Lucia. Then I heard some steps and there he was Chef Orlando the man behind it all came out and introduced himself. My first impression he was a very happy, energetic, passionate, and a sincere person.
He let the staff do their thing while he made sure everything went flawless for me and my brother-in-law.
So I will say this, the food was excellent! Beyond my expectations. I had the mahi mahi with a homemade bread biscuit and drizzled with a dark sauce. At first when it was placed in front of me I didn’t want to eat it so I can preserve the mental image in my mind of art on a plate. When I say art I mean like looking at a painting and being able to see the passion of this man (chef) for me it said St Lucia. I finally dug in and at that moment my mouth burst with flavors that my taste buds have never interacted with. I remember telling my self take your time, don’t act like an animal but I couldn’t help it I literally cleaned that plate it was just so delicious.
He then brought out a freshly sliced tuna salad again to my amazement it literally was art. The first bite then the second bite then another plate cleaned when I mention cleaned I mean I ate everything and absorbed every flavor on that dish. I am a very passionate person when it comes to food I do not hold back. I simply say it how it is for me… Orlando is St Lucia’s secret ambassador! Not only is he a chef and restaurateur he is a man of his community and supports his community by keeping it within. I truly believe Orlando’s will set the bar really high when it comes to the food and hospitality business in St Lucia but not only St Lucia all of the Caribbean.
Orlando thank you for being who you are, it was nice to put a voice behind a picture and I can’t wait until my family & friends come to St Lucia at the end of April 2014 to experience what I experienced. I am very confident they will experience a meal no one ever forgets and I know this will be the beginning of a great friendship. I truly am thankful for the way you made me feel! Good luck Chef, not that you need it.

1  Thank PHIL R
Reviewed September 27, 2013

great food and service.

our only complaint would be the location, however this did not affect our overall experience

highly recommended