“Like sitting in a car port - but lovely because of it.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orlando's Restaurant & Bar

Orlando's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Orlando's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Orlando's is a unique restaurant in Sorfriere. Our concept is to showcase local ingredients with an international presentation. Also to support our local farmers and vendors to maintain a standard of farm to table concept which is called Share The Love (STL). Reservations Preffered. --- We are open for lunch by reservation if you have a party of 6 or more. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but if you have a party of 6 or more we are prepared to open for you.
Tenterden, United Kingdom
“Like sitting in a car port - but lovely because of it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I loved this place. You do feel like you are sitiing in a car port. You are someones front yard with a plastic corrigated roof over it but please don't let that put you off.
The food was fantastic. My wife (the vegitarian) had the local cucumber vinigaret/salad and the risoto which was so nice I'm having it when we go back. I had the Tuna to start - lovely and the chicken in a creole sauce - nice but I could of had more sauce as the chicken was a little dry (and I am now being picky). The pudding coconut tart with ice cream was great and I on't eat puddings. The wine was cheap $20. Three courses and two bottles of wine $110 was one of the cheapest and withiut doubt the best meal we have had in St Lucia.
Would we go back - Oh yes the table is booked for tonight, our last night in St Lucia and we always go back to the place we decide was best on our last night where ever we are.
Don't miss out on the place. It might be like a car port - but it's a lovely car port.

Visited May 2013

Isle of Man
“A little gem in Soufriere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Myself and my wife decided to leave our resort and take a trip into Soufriere to find a nice restaurant. Orlando's had come highly recommended so we headed there without having booked. Fortunately, we got a table. It was small but busy and we were seated between two other couples. The menu was quite limited but this isn't a bad thing and we had no problems choosing our meals which were very tasty indeed! They were well presented and the portion sizes were just right. Orlando kept coming out from the kitchen to see that all was as we liked it. As the night went on we got chatting to the couples either side of us (Chris and Erica, honeymooners from Dallas - Hi) and another local couple who were very friendly. It turned out to be a really nice night with good food and conversation/laughs with total strangers. This for us is what made the place extra special. Well worth going to this intimate little place. Orlando, the smoothy that he is, asked for a photograph of all the girls for his Facebook pages, haven't managed to see it yet so here's ours. Will come again when we visit St Lucia next.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to Orlando's with another couple that we met at our resort. It was a Monday night so there were not many other diners. Orlando's is a small restaurant to begin with. The staff act as if they are so happy to see you and gave excellent service. I loved that it is small and quaint. I have read other reviews complaining about the lack of a view and that is just ridiculous. You go to a great restaurant for the food and not the view. However, if you need a view you could go up to Jade Mountain for cocktails and come eat at Orlando's. We ordered off the set menu where you get small plates of many different dishes. The chicken and fish were very good as was everything. The chef also sends out tastings of dishes you would not ordinarily try. I was worried that my husband would not get full but he did. The dessert sampling came out and you have to share with your partner. My husband ate some of the desserts, namely the chocolate mousse, before I could even get a taste. It looked delicious. Orlando came out to our table several times to meet us and to see if we were happy with our food. He is such a nice man and a great chef. I can't wait to go back to St. Lucia and also to Orlando's. We had a wonderful experience.

Visited April 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Orlando's Restaurant - definitely worth a visit for local flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were delighted to hear Chef Orlando had opened his own restaurant. It's a little gem where he's using local ingredients creatively and deliciously. And of course Chef always comes out to speak to diners, conveying his passion for food and creating great dishes. Small, quaint setting adds to the intimacy. Lovely lunch - with complimentary "amuse bouche" - for three generations of family. We were all happy! We will definitely go back when we're next in St. Lucia!

London, United Kingdom
“Less than gormet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Orlando is a great sales man, a great talker and very hospitable.

With reference to the quality of his food, I agree with a prior reviewer that it depends on what you are used to. As regards to a Michelin chef you wonder where they have eaten. I do not normally write in reviews I feel people will be misled if they think they are going to have an ultimate Gourmet experience.The food is Ok and presentation is nice but it finishes there, honestly. The taste is just not quite the taste one would expect and lacks quality. I was told it is hard to get every thing on the island but a good chef should never make excuses.
do not get me wrong it was not terrible just over priced for what you get and the staff require a higher standard of training.
The restaurant is small and placed in the back yard of what I think used to be a house. I felt closed in as there is no view, just brick walls painted round you and a few tables inside .
Another local restaurant called Marthas Tables is very simple. Nice food and very good value but not gourmet food.
We enjoyed the restaurants at Jade and Boucan, you pay about the same as Orlando but the décor and views are far superior.
The cocktails at Orlando's were great mind you but so were the cocktails at the restaurant next door. I think it's called birdsong .

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jules a
Diana T, Manager at Orlando's Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I am sorry your recent visit to us did not live up to your expectations so I would like to address your comments. You are correct in saying the premises were ( and still are a house, Orlando lives there in fact ) and yes the tables are set in what was the front yard but we feel this gives a cosy , intimate setting, we are not aiming to compete with the large resorts in the neighbourhood but to offer an alternative. The staff are very new and receive ongoing training. I am sorry you did not feel able to make these comments at the time as Orlando could have addressed them on the spot and would have done his best to ensure you left happy.