“Our best dining on St Lucia”

Orlando's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Orlando's is a unique restaurant in Sorfriere. Our concept is to showcase local ingredients with an international presentation. Also to support our local farmers and vendors to maintain a standard of farm to table concept which is called Share The Love (STL). Reservations Preffered. --- We are open for lunch by reservation if you have a party of 6 or more. We are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays but if you have a party of 6 or more we are prepared to open for you.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Loved the environment, meeting the chef, and the food was fantastic. The multiple courses prior to the main entree were the highlight - each generated a Wow from both my wife and I. Our main courses were excellent, but less Wow. Definitely recommend going for the taster menus.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

One of the most memorable, decadent, and cherished dining experiences of my life. Chef Orlando and his wonderful staff personally greeted us and crafted a special menu for our group of 8 who stumbled upon the delightful open air restaurant for lunch. We loved the meal and the service so much, we immediately made reservations for our last night on the island. To no surprise, the dinner was just as delightful as the lunch, and tasted as incredible as you can imagine.The Chef even catered to members in our party who had dairy and shellfish allergies, and ended our dinner with a intimate conversation about his mission to bring Caribbean cuisine to a mainstream level, and how he got his start in culinary business.

When I visit Soufriere again (and there will be a next time) Orlando's will be a priority on my dinner reservation list. Share the love!!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Four of us went to this restaurant, looking forward to experiencing what the reviews say. The service and the wine list are the only good things worth mentioning. Peter and the waitresses are genuine, very polite and ever smiling but could do with more training. The wine menu offered some wonderful well priced choices that help to enjoy the evening.

The food on the other hand was very disappointing. I ate at several restaurants in St. Lucia and the taste exceeds in ALL of them for a fraction of what was paid here. The so called five course menu is very limited in quantity, quality, creativity and taste. Full sized portions were no better forcing us to go elsewhere to get more food afterwards. The chef came out to meet and talk with us all, explaining his share the love concept and trying to promote local ingredients. That is all commendable but no excuse for serving chewy beef, local or otherwise. Out of everything we had the overcooked breadfruit soup was the most inedible, with the risotto barely passing muster. Sorry I can’t recommend to my colleagues or anyone else.

5  Thank Gourmetiger
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Amazing food. The chef has incredible charm and a great thing going. Can't recommend this restaurant enough. An incredible incredible value for the experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very sophisticated but totally unpretentious food - made with local ingredients. Go for the amazing taster menus - you will be really impressed. I had a saltfish risotto which was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. It's a lovely relaxed setting, but they only have room for 20 covers to best to book ahead if you can. I can also recommend the weekend breakfasts - totally delicious. St Lucia has some wonderful places to eat but I'm still not surprised Orlando's is number one - it is very special.