“the best island tour and attraction,great family fun.and private.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solomon Water Taxi & Tours

Solomon Water Taxi & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Let me help you discover Saint Lucia. A tour on a cruise boat around the beautiful Saint Lucia is often said to be the best way to truly experience the unique splendor and tranquility of this tropical paradise. A day on a boat makes it possible for you to visit in a short time many beach spots and locations, and lets you discover the real island life, visit the little villages around the coast, the fruit market, Castries...
New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“the best island tour and attraction,great family fun.and private.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

i don't have time right now to say everything..as others have said it's the best..me and my wife had solomon and his boat for 2 days..it was great to see the whole coast line,and going in and out of all these bays,and hitting all these snorkeling spots..both days we ate lunch on sugar beach,and yes his sister benita is a wonderful girl..(her mom raised her good,job well done mom.)benita is a very pleastant lady to talk to...and all the women want to talk to her she is no different than all the other women in the world as far as talking and likes..but she is more special than most women in the world..you will understand when you speak to benita,respect ,smile and have fun...the same for solomon .good people...yes i agree with everyone you must book this tour..these are the people to go with,,i gave them everything to watch,my money ,everything..and everthing was taking care of..never had to worry about a thing,they gave us beach loungers at sugar beach-(jalouise beach)beautiful right at the base of the pitons..you will not go wrong with these guy's ..it is beyond me that solomon is not #1 on trip advisor for everything....he's #1 for me and i know he is #1 from everyone else that does his tours..great man ,hard worker and his brother to.(Ifus)..on one beach there at the ti kaye resort,i snorkeled the wreck there and along the rocks there ,,but my wife just stayed on the beach there,and Ifus got off with her and the 2 of them just sat on the beach and talked and Ifus was a perfaect gentleman and just talked to my wife about the island and how the sand was made ,and small talk..perfect gentleman..you need to book with these guy's if you want an island feel..to say that you were really at st.lucia...you will feel the peace,and love and caring..and you really want to know what else i got back from this tour was trust,you really get this great feeling of trust from benita,Ifus,and solomon..you really want to start tusting everybody again in the world..i can't fully explain it..it's a feeling you get just hanging around them i guess..they really watch out for you,safer than your own family.and it was like i was with my family..better than my own family,and me and my family get along very well together...i will write more in another reveiw ..just don't have the full good time to do it right now..thank you so much solomon,benita,and Ifus for showing us such a wonderful time..a memory that i know i will not for get...plus i also know i will be back, just don't know when..and i will come visit you guy's again..(inside joke-i know i'm the boss ,because you made me the boss,,but your the man,and my captain.)..it's like owning your own boat for the day.it's a beautiful thing..everyone have fun.enjoy.and let everthing go..and let them take care of you...and they will take very good care of you...solomon's tel.# 1-758-717-5643...e-mail--justicest.brice@hotmail.com....plus you can talk to his sister benita through this e-mail also...and he has another # 1-758-719-1897...i always called him on the first # 1-758-717-5643...and i've talked to him from new jersey on the hard line and always got him.even when he was out taking people fishing...thanks again solomon..hope to see you guy's by the end of this year, if not hopefully by febuaryor same time next year...i really hope so. thanks

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great day!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This trip was great. We did the land and sea tour and were not disappointed. Solomon and his merry men treated us great. Once we made it to the beach, Solomon's sister had a yummy lunch ready for us. I would do this again and would recommend that you book before you leave home. After talking to others on our cruise and hearing the issues that they had and the things they didn't see that we did, I'm glad we used Solomon's Water Taxi!!

1 Thank KimPhoenix_Arizona
Los Angeles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We Loved Solomon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

If you like to have local experiences rather than being trapped on a bus with a bunch of tourists, I highly recommend Solomon. I emailed him before our trip to St. Lucia to arrange a ride from the airport to our resort, and a snorkeling adventure for my husband and me. He was very responsive and open to letting us design our own trip. The snorkeling trip was fantastic - he picked us up at our resort and took us to three places on the southwest side of the island. He also recommended a nice restaurant in Soufrieres (his hometown) for lunch, and answered all of our questions about life on St. Lucia. We enjoyed him so much we booked a second trip for later in the week, and went from Soufrieres to Castries, with a stop at Marigot Bay on the way back for lunch.

All of the great things you read about Solomon here were true for us. He runs his own business and takes great pride in showing people his beloved St. Lucia. I highly recommend him!

Skipton, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Simply a great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really have nothing much to add to the other excellent reviews.

Solomon's is a family run business and I believe that they run two boats. if you are visiting St Lucia on a cruise, forget the ships tours and book this one before you leave home. Our skipper for the day was Gavin who was ably assisted by Ivus who I believe is Solomon's brother.
They picked us up from the cruise berth and we travelled by boat to Jalousie beach visiting some other sights on the way. Gavin was simply excellent - he was attentive and polite and very patient with three OAP's. He kept up a running commentary and is very knowledgable about the culture, customs, history, flora annd fauna of his Island.
On arriving at Jalousie beach we were provided with sunbeds and left to enjoy the snorkeling. An excellent lunch of local food (including delicious home made rice and peas) was provided on the beach by another member of the family and a cool box full of drinks was also provided. In the afternoon we set off back to the ship with a stop at Chastenet for further swimming and snorkeling and were eventually deposited back at the cruise berth in time for a bit more R&R before it was time to get back onboard.
This was certainly one of the highlights of our caribbean cruise - simply a perfect day out.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Peeceecee
Saskatoon, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great Water Taxi Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

We wanted to travel by boat to the north end of the island, rather than take a long and winding taxi ride by land.

We used Solomon Water Taxi, making arrangements a few days in advance by email.

David (Solomon's cousin) and Troy took the 2 of us from Soufriere to Windjammer Landing, and then back again a week later. It was windy and the water was choppy, with waves up to 5 feet, during the journey north. But we were confident in David's ability to navigate through the rough water. David acted as a tour guide along the way, identifying points of interest and swinging through Marigot Bay, one of the highlights of the ride. It took about 1 hour and 40 minutes, longer than expected, due to the rougher than normal sea.

The ride back to Soufriere, with calmer seas, and going with the waves, took 1 hour.

David and Troy provided the the best service to us during our stay on the the island. We recommend using them!

Visited February 2013