“You might not be on the Tour with Solomon” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solomon Water Taxi & Tours

Solomon Water Taxi & Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Let me help you discover Saint Lucia. A tour on a cruise boat around the beautiful Saint Lucia is often said to be the best way to truly experience the unique splendor and tranquility of this tropical paradise. A day on a boat makes it possible for you to visit in a short time many beach spots and locations, and lets you discover the real island life, visit the little villages around the coast, the fruit market, Castries...
San Francisco Bay Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“You might not be on the Tour with Solomon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked this tour because of the glowing reviews about the tour guide, Solomon. It ended up that there were two separate groups on the day we went and we were not with Solomon. Our guide was very helpful but not very talkative and not very knowledgeable about the island. We loved the itinerary Solomon put together including the boat ride, the mud baths, the waterfall and snorkeling. The snorkeling was surprisingly good for it being right next to the beach. The lunch was very good.

Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found Solomon Water Taxi mentioned on the cruise critic website. I went to his website and e-mailed him about tours available. He e-mailed back within minutes. We e-mailed back and forth and he told us how to find him when our cruise ship docked. We were in for a great day! We did the whole trip in one of his two boats. It was just my husband and I for the day and it was nice not to be on a crowded excursion from the cruise ship. My main goal of the day was to see the Pitons and get some great photo's. My husband loves to snorkel and we stopped at 3 different snorkel stops during our trip. The whole day was very leisure and was not rushed. We stopped for lunch at the beach by the Pitons, the food was FABULOUS! This was not your standard tour food of stale sandwiches etc. I am a picky eater and the chicken and rice was awesome! We also tried to see dolphins and whales. It was raining on and off the whole day so dolphins weren't out but we did see three dwarf whales which the one guide said he had only seen once before. I am so glad we booked this tour and can't wait to go back to St. Lucia and take another tour with Solomon.

5 Thank CruiseRight
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thank- You From Our Hearts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I never write reviews, however, I feel that I would be doing an injusticea if I didn't tell everyone traveling to St. Lucia about Solomon St. Brice, his crew, and his loving caring family.
I e-mailed Solomon, and asked about his land and sea water taxi tour for my husband and I, in St Lucia. He responded in literally 10 minutes. I have a hard time with people I don't know! How to trust and feel comfortable. I couldn't believe my connection with Solomon by the time the e-mails and phone calls were done. He and Terry were on time picking us up by car at Sandals Grande. There was a wonderful "gonna make you have fun" attitude about the whole day. They were so knowledgeable about the island and answered all our questions. The waterfall, Botanical Gardens, Volcano, beach, and snorkeling were fun. NOW lets talk about his sister Bernita's lunch waiting for us on the beach! Yum,Yum,Yum. It was quite the spread and excellent.  My husband who thinks food is always "edible" actually told her twice how good it was! I wanted to bring her home with us!  They took pictures and joined in whenever we asked! Solomon and Terry took us back to Sandals Grande on his boat, Justice. He learned about us and we learned so much about the way of life for the St. Lucian's. It was never rushed or scheduled feeling. They let us set the pace. They also kept us happy with Water and Piton Beer. We came away feeling that we had been treated like family for the day.

AND NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHAT SOLOMON AND GANG DID FOR OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY VOW RENEWAL!

Solomon and one of his two brothers picked us up in the boat at Sandals again. I, in my sundress, barefoot and my husband in his black shirt and white linen shorts, barefooted as well!  He then took us on a romanic ride around the whole island while we talked and drank and marveled at all the beauty that is St. Lucia.
We then pulled into the dock at Sugar Beach,  while Solomon got ice, we got the pleasure of meeting his sister Bernita again, as well as his girlfriend of 7 years, Marla. We met  Titus, who showed us a huge scar on his arm from a Sting Ray, and may I add for the young women, extremely good looking and very, very fit!  Solomon's Mom, Janice, owns a shop on the beach there, we met her later at the ceremony.
Solomon then boated us to the beach where the ceremony was to take place.  There we saw the pastor standing under a beautiful arch with colorful island flowers, two corsages, a bridal bouquet, table all set, champagne and the best cheesecake I ever ate (my request)! There were two men (Michigan and Edcil) playing carribean music under the trees with two steel drums.  Heaven.  Pastor Jean Claude then renewed our marriage vows with sincerity, warmth and quiet humor.  Our original rings were then blessed, vows said and the words "you may now kiss your bride" we're spoken.
We drank champagne, ate cheesecake, met Janice, chatted with Bernita and Marla, and met Solomon and Marla's adorable 4 year old son.  I even got a hug when we left!
Solomon and Bernita then gave us a wedding gift, it was a very lovely thought, especially as they had just met us four days ago.  Although,  they sure seemed like family when we left them.  The wedding book was beautiful and I hhad them all sign it.  There was also a beautiful glass crystal piece with a bride and groom etched in it that lights up.
Then it was time to say goodbye, with hugs and tears we waded out to the boat for the ride back to Sandals. We waded into the water and Titus picked me up in his arms and gently set me into the boat, then did the same to my husband!
THEN IT STARTED TO POUR! This did not faze Solomon and his brother!  They put up the biminy canopy and off we went.  As it was a 50 minute ride we all got absolutely soaked, but it did nothing to dampen the spirit and mood of our trip.  My husband and I thought it was a perfect ending, as we are New Englanders!
NOW are you ready for this:  We asked Solomon "How many weddings or vow renewals have you done before"?  Solomon softly replied "This was our first one". Until we meet again, Thank-You Solomon and Bernita for everything.

4 Thank Corona-Jo
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Matt & Elizabeth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia and had the best experience with Solomon and his entire crew! They made our trip special and something that we will cherish always. They are extremely professional and knowlegable! Truley the only way that I would want to tour the island is with these guys. They picked us up by boat at our resort and cruised down to the south part of the island. We then got in his van and Solomon showed us the waterfalls, gardens, and the volcano. Afterwards we ate lunch and went snorkeling. Was one of the best days of our vacation and we will not return without booking them again! Thanks for showing us your island and letting us experience it with you!

5 Thank Matt2609
Springfield, Illinois
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Personalized Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Like everyone else we found Solomon on Tripadvisor. He answered the emails almost immediately and was very accommodating. His crew picked us up by boat at Sandals on the north side of the island and took us completely around the island before going into Soufriere. The taxi driver there went out of his way to help us find camera batteries (our camera died on the way to the attractions)before heading to the botanical garden, volcano and waterfall. The crew was very knowledgeable and helpful. The lunch was good (although not warm) and the snorkeling at the base of the Pitons was fabulous.

1 Thank KittyandFelix