“It was okay”

$80.00*
Full-Day Soufrière Excursion
Ranked #11 of 36 things to do in Soufriere
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We visited Toraille waterfall as part of an island tour a couple weeks ago and it was nice, but given that there is a charge to get in to see the waterfall, I can't say that I'd recommend. The gardens are absolutely lovely, and the waterfall itself is small, but nice. I have to agree with other reviewers in saying that it isn't particularly safe, as my husband actually went into the pool under the waterfall (which he was encouraged to do) and sustained a large gash on his foot due to the very sharp rocks on the bottom of the pool. There are no signs anywhere, nor did any staff or our tour guide, tell him he needed his shoes to enter. Luckily, it wasn't serious and our tour guide had a first aid kit, but we were frustrated and we had to cancel a dive trip we had planned for the next day in Barbados because of the injury. I saw several others walking very gingerly after also not realizing, or being told, to wear shoes.

Overall, the waterfall was "nice" and the gardens surrounding it are really lovely; however, I don't think it was worth the price of admission. Go there if it's part of a tour, take advantage of the surrounding gardens for some great photos and WEAR SHOES if you go into the waterfall itself - but don't expect to be overwhelmed.

2  Thank lunula71

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The waterfall itself is OK - not particularly impressive. You can bathe in the pool underneath, but this is artificially created by means of a wooden dam. The gardens surrounding are lovely however & there are some great photo opportunities. Worth doing as part of a tour.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We came all this way, of course we have to get under the waterfall!!! Beautiful flower gardens as well.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We travelled to see the falls on March 12, 2013. I witnessed the most horrific incident ever. A boulder from the side of the waterfalls fell and landed on a teenage boy who was under the falls. It was obvious he sustained head injuries, as he was initially unconscious and bleeding severely from his head and shoulder. I wish I knew how he is doing now. He had to be taken away by ambulance. I hope everyone sees the danger in this, before going under this falls.

2  Thank Jen J
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We saw the Toraille Waterfall as part of our land and sea tour that we booked through SunLink Tours. If there is only one tour that you take while in St. Lucia take this one. It is excellent value. I have also reviewed other sites that were part of the tour.

The waterfall is very picturesque and you can take a refreshing dip in the pool below the falls if your wish. Be sure to get a view of the falls and the stream from the bridge. There are red ginger flowers that can be framed in your photos and you will no doubt see hummingbirds availing themselves of the flowers as well. Good luck with your photos of them.