“VERY RELAXING / ZEN DOWNTIME ........”
Review of Piton Falls

and up
Half-Day Soufriere Excursion
Ranked #13 of 42 things to do in Soufriere
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Visited here twice this past trip . I much enjoyed the solitude and quiet soaks .
Staff was kind and helpful and sold us some fresh fruit .
Go slow Relax Enjoy !

in 4 reviews
"island"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The falls aren't very big... They'd hardly warrant slowing the car down in North Carolina. You walk down a long, steep path (with ropes and handrails where it seems like you'd need them) to a set of old concrete pools built under the falls. The surroundings are lush. You can't see the Piton through the trees. The changing rooms are in a wooden shack. There are umbrellas emblazoned with Piton (as in Piton Beer). When we were there, we had the place to ourselves (early morning) and were able to leave money under the door (or not, but it's only $3 pp) and walk right in.

2  Thank DaveB_Jax
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Firstly the water is lovely and warm, not the freezing shower I was expecting, a few crude manmade bathing areas have been created to capture the water for the visitors to bathe in, its good to see and worth the small walk across.

Please note, steep steps are here and when its raining it can be a little tricky underfoot, that said its worth visiting.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We went here as I caught the sign coming out of Sugar beach earlier. We arrived to an empty parking lot believing we would either get turned away from being closed or locked out. As it turned out we were just the only ones here. Our tour guide here was a guy name "Shaba". He doubles as a petit piton climbing guide. He has climbed the piton 158 times as of the day we were there. He climbs barefoot also. He has calfs of steel. Anyway, he pointed out all the various plants on our short walk to the falls. When we got there I was surprised at how small it was and that it was not cool water, but warm. I was interested in a refreshing dip of cool water. Well, we got into the man made pools and Shaba had us put the volcanic mud he gave us on our mates and get the feel of a mud bath. We then let it dry on our skin before washing it off in the pool. The water was somewhat clear and did make your skin feel good afterwards. We took pics and tipped our guide along with paying the small fee of $3 for entrance to the falls.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had the mineral baths all to myself in the sun, not a tourist in sight! After 30 mins, once my skin was beautifully conditioned, I went on to the next thing on my to do list. If you're expecting the Iguassu Falls, you will most definitely be disappointed. I knew it was more of a hot mineral bath and used the waterfall as a massage aid. Really relaxing and it was clean when I went.