“Great Day! Great Staff!”
Review of Scuba St. Lucia

Scuba St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a mile and a half from the picturesque town of Soufriere on St. Lucia's south-western Caribbean shoreline, Scuba St. Lucia is part of the resort of ANSE CHASTANET which is nestled amidst a 600 acre tropical estate with two soft sand beaches bordering on pristine coral reefs. ANSE CHASTANET is in complete harmony with its natural surroundings - the ideal scuba hideaway for all those seeking a tranquil or romantic vacation spot, or perhaps a little of both. SCUBA ST LUCIA is situated on the beach at ANSE CHASTANET just steps from the water. Perfectly set up for both BEACH AND BOAT DIVES, Scuba St. Lucia offers guests a complete range of PADI courses, Enriched Air Nitrox; a well-equipped scuba store; three compressors; rental dive gear and an underwater Photo and Video center. The Anse Chastanet Reef makes for an amazing dive day or night. Just 15 yards beyond the waters edge, the reefs remarkable ecosystem offers an amazing profusion of unusual tropical marine life in 20 to 140 feet of calm clear water. In the shallow areas be sure to keep your eyes open for peacock flounders, octopus, needle fish and turtles. Or drop down a little deeper over dense coral growth to see puffers, moray eels, parrot fish, lobsters and even sea horses. The Anse Chastanet Reef is a unique dive site for all abilities and is especially good for macro photography. If you are looking for a unique dive destination with great hospitality and dive professionalism, Scuba St. Lucia should definitely be on your wish list. Please also visit BIKE ST LUCIA and KAYAK ST LUCIA to learn more about our many other amazing adventure facilities right here at ANSE CHASTANET.
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Great Day! Great Staff!”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We visited St Lucia and stayed at Cocount Bay which is on the Altantic Ocean side and there was no good diving near us. We arranged a day trip with Scuba St Lucia and could not be happier with the exceptional service. The arranged our taxi (negotiated a great round trip fare!) , boat from Souffries to Anse Chastanet , beach chairs, umbrella, lunch and gear. One member of my family went on 2 dives and loved each one, the dive master and staff were wonderful. The rest of us snorkelled and it was great. My nephew was stung by a small jelly fish and the staff fixed him up with vinegar and he was quickly back in the water.

The boat trip back to soufries (6 mins) was really fun the driver stopped and pointef out wildlife and picture ops. Our taxi driver was wonderful and even arrived early. It was a class operation and other tours paled in comparison! The equipment was top notch and we loved our day trip!

Visited March 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Most unfriendly diving team”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Done more than 60 dives in both the Caribbean and other locations but this was the most unfriendly staff I have ever come across. The dives and sights were great but the staff at the dive shack were only interested in your money. Usually am more than happy to tip someone for a great service but being ignored and made to feel like I was a nuisance doesn't deserve a tip!

5 Thank Pharmaco79
Muskegon, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Shore Dive Ever!”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Located not too far north of South America though much further east than the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao), St. Lucia may be the closest thing to Hawaii in the Caribbean. Active volcanoes and sulfur springs are found within the tropical forest clinging to small mountains that rise up straight out of the sea, though clearer waters make for better diving then Hawaii and that's mostly what we are here for on this stop.

As always, it took a fair amount of research and footwork before the trip to find a reputable dive company that offered a good experience. We found that in Scuba St.Lucia who operates on the beach of the Anse Chastanet / Jade Mountain resort on the southern part of the island near Les Pitons - the formidable and photogenic volcanic mountains that remain St. Lucia's most prominent and publicized feature. Since the resort and where most of the diving is done is quite a ways from the town, seaport and airport (about an hour by bus), I was glad that Scuba St.Lucia and the resort offered a water taxi to pick us up right from the ship and get us there within a half hour. Along the way, we got to see an incredible coastline marked by steep cliffs often punctuated by sandy beaches and small tropical streams running from high up in the mountains down to the sea.

The Anse Chastanet resort essentially has its own private cove near Les Pitons and Scuba St. Lucia offered both a beach dive right there and a little further down the coast as well. Since I wanted to have time to check out the resort itself, my Dad and I elected to do the shore dive and I am glad we did. Unlike other shore dives we had both been on, this was an absolute piece of cake with a sandy bottom sloping gently down to over 100 hundred feet. No rocks or surf whatsoever to contend with, it was the easiest dive I have ever done and still offered decent coral and aquatic life. Of course, if you are expecting the wonders of Cozumel or even Cancun, you might be a bit disappointed, however, it was well worth it.

The black volcanic beach was also a good place for Agnes and my mother to layout while the guys were doing their dive. Agnes also managed to score some pointers on diving from Scuba St.Lucia's head instructor: a man who actually holds the Guiness World Record for more time spent underwater then anybody in history (about 9 years at last count). After a flawless dive and a solid lunch down on the beach, my Dad and I got to tour the resort itself.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank David B
Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful friendly staff - excellent learning experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I attended Scuba St. Lucia recently to obtain my Open Water Certification. I can't say enough good things about the staff. I worked on the practical course with Keither and he was fantastic. Very kind, patient and an overall excellent instructor. He covered the material well, was very accommodating with time and practice. I would highly recommend anyone looking to do a certification attend Scuba St. Lucia. The two lovely ladies at the front desk were very helpful and pleasant.
On the open water dives the scenery was just phenomenal, lots of wild life to be seen and very knowledgable staff to guide you through your under water experience. I will most definitely return and enjoy some of the other beautiful dive areas that are scattered along the coast of St. Lucia.

Visited August 2011