“Good Local Food, but a typical tourist stop”
Review of La Petit Peak

La Petit Peak
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here and were both fairly pleased. It's an open air "shack" right beside the water. The atmosphere is okay, other than the heat and the fact that the beggars seem to congregate right outside. Rather than order 2 entrees, we decided to share several small plates, so we could try more things. Everything we had was pretty good. I did think the food/drinks were a little overpriced for the atmosphere, but I would go there again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was place was recommended by a local who was a guide at the Sulphur Springs Drive through volcano. She said they had the best food at a decent price for lunch. Added bonus it had a great view. This place was a local spot and had a ton of local dishes. It was almost my favorite place for lunch. I was a tad bit warm. The trade winds where non existing that day. They had fans but they were not going for some reason. I bet they would have turned them on if I asked. The food was outstanding and delicious of course. I had a nice fish wrap and my husband had the Fish Roti. It wasn’t the quickest service but who it was lunch time and lots of locals were coming in and getting lunch. I would recommend because it was authentic creole St Lucian food and the view was good.

1  Thank MrsSandro
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This creole restaurant in Soufriere has a lovely location looking out over the bay. The covered terrace benefits from a lovely breeze and it is a nice location for lunch or a beer. Service is quite friendly (especially if you go back more than once as we did) and the creole food is good and copious. The accra for starter are fresh and tasty. Then there is always fresh fish which changes every day served with rice and ‘provisions’ (lots of traditional creole accompaniments), spicy treasure is a spicy beef dish which is delicious, the wraps are a good option if you are less hungry and the burgers, rotis and other sandwiches are also tasty. It is not at all a sophistated restaurant (if you are after sophistication then the hotel restaurants are a better bet) but the food is pretty authentic and portions are very generous. Reasonable prices for Saint Lucia.

1  Thank SORF01
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had been looking for somewhere to get some local cuisine and this was recommended by a taxi driver. He was spot on. The place sits right on the front at Souferia and looks like a wooden shack/bar. I had a chicken salad and the steak in a pepper creole sauce. My wife had a ceasar salad and a Penne pasta in a chilli and creole cream sauce. All of it was really nice and the portions were massive in comparison to the top notch places we had been. This food was cooked by someone who knows their stuff. Jamie Oliver would have loved it but a Michelin inspector wouldn't go near the place and thank god for that - they'd spoil it.
I expected the prices to be a little less but would I go back - yes.
If you are looking for local - you have to try this place. You won't be disappointed.

M&W
England

1  Thank MrChipAdviser
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beware - All of the taxi drivers and hotel concierge will tell you this is a great place for "local" food. What they mean is this - It's a relatively safe spot for tourists who might feel uncomfortable being harassed by locals, which is a concern in the town of Soufriere. The food was unreasonably priced. Don't bother coming here if you're looking for more of a drink selection than Piton beer. We ordered the coconut crusted chicken for an appetizer. My boyfriend, who is not picky at all, said it tasted like processed McNuggets (he was right). He had the kingfish which was bland, and had the same "creole sauce" as my catch-of-the-day tuna, which was full of bones and chewy. The food was just terrible. Another couple was there at the same time and their complaints were the same as ours. I really think the taxi drivers earn a commission by leading hapless tourists here. You're going to spend some cash on St Lucia, might as well spend it on a good meal. This was gross, don't waste your money here.