“Good experience with tour guide John of Paradise Excursions”

Paradise Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
$50.00*
and up
Tet Paul Stairway Tour in St Lucia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our main interest is in the full satisfactory of our clients.Paradise Excursions is the official tour for the Tet Paul nature trail {a community base and Eco tourism project}. We take great interest in preserving the natural beauty. We love to meet new friends and give them a true taste of St.Lucia.The tours that we offers are adventurous,educational and memorable. Paradise excursions provides every guest with a true taste of the island.Always ready to go the extra mile. By land or by sea enjoy island style experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Geneva, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good experience with tour guide John of Paradise Excursions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We contacted John, a local tour guide, to take us on through the Millet Trail which goes through the rain forest. Since there were 8 of us in a rental vehicles, we arranged to meet him at an intersection on the main road on our way there. In deciding what time to start, John recommended that earlier is better for seeing birds. He was waiting for us on time at 8:00 am at the agreed upon intersection. There were rest rooms at the beginning of the trail and we were given walking sticks which were very useful since the majority of this trail is climbing gravel steps with roots & rocks. John was very knowledgeable about the plants and birds and a very good guide. He did point out a St. Lucian parrot, but unfortunately, it was a young one and had not yet developed the color of an adult. He told us he spent much of his childhood outside and learned about nature from his grandfather. Even though it rained during part of our hike, it didn't seem to bother anyone all that much. We enjoyed our tailgate picnic afterwards & dropped John off on our way home. I don't think I would have attempted to do this hike without a guide and John did an excellent job of leading our group, pointing out features and answering our many questions about life in St. Lucia. I would definitely take another of his tours. Paradise Excursions 758-723-2930.

Visited March 2013

Burntwood, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small island, loads of adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Although I bought the book about St Lucia and read it on the plane I had only a couple of ideas in my head about what I really want to see during my holiday. I have been on a tour with John on Tet Paul, he was really professional and very passionate about the place and the community they support.The view was amazing and he told me a lot about the different plants, how they are used and what are their health benefits. I have also tried some local fruits and sorrel juice which was my favourite. He told the story of Tet Paul and how they created this nature trail. The tour takes about 45 minutes and it is moderately challenging. John also offered to take some pictures of me including some really funny ones touching the top of the Petit Piton.
After asking him about the other tour opportunities he mentioned the Gros Piton hike, rain forest and bird watching tour, the mini zoo in Castries and some more. I opted for the mini zoo with the local nature trail and hiking the Gros Piton. Both tours were brilliant and really enjoyed them. The feeling of reaching the top of the Gros Piton and the view from there was fantastic. The hot water of sulphur springs worked magic on my tired muscles.
If you plan an active holiday exploring the adventures this amazing island I recommend contacting John at Paradise Excursions. He seems to know everything you want to know and has very good sense of humour. It was my best holiday ever.

Visited February 2013
“Extra-ordinary-Must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

A tour with paradise excursions is boom!I visited St.Lucia we my family and took a few tours with John who was responded promptly.We did a tour in the rain forest tour and were privileged to see the St.Lucia parrot and the St.Lucia oreole John know about bird watching. The Tet Paul tour was fun,never been to such a beautiful place,can you imagine reaching almost the height of the pitons by just taking a cool walk,we enjoy local fruits,cocoa beans"jungle candy"m.Oh the local lunch was great!I recommend paradise excursions for any tour especial the Tet Paul tour,John has made tremendous sacrifices to bring this place about. The locals are benefiting from this wonderful project. You have not seen St.Lucia if you have not been to Tet Paul,make sure to visit.

“Adventurous,breath taking,Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We took a tour with Paradise Excursions,our guided was John he is excellent.We did many stops including Morn Fortune,banana plantation,the exciting part was the cocoa beans"jungle candy" The best part was the Tet Paul nature trail,this one will sweep you off your feet,the 360 degree view"you need to see for your self.Contact John he is the founder.We enjoy every bit of the tour it was great.We definitely contact John next time he also dose other tours like rainforest.thanks!

1 Thank figla
“Exceeds expectation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We really had fun on the wonderful tour with John.He is very friendly and knowledgeable,to make short the climax of the tour was the,breathtaking views at tet paul nature trail park.John is the founder of this trail.we enjoy local fruits,rum punch.This was the best tour in all the islands we visited...

1 Thank cocolocal