“Joys Cruise - An Excellent Day”

Joy's Adventure Excursion and Coastal Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Joy has over 20 years of experience offering the best in personalized tours,excursions and transfers at the best prices.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Everything has been said on all of the positive reviews before mine.
A must day excursion (family run business)
Cannot fault the trip at all, my teenage kids said it was the best day of their holiday!
The food cooked by Joys Daughter & Sister was exceptional for what is really just a beach BBQ.
The guides made the trip fun for all ages.
If you make just one trip on your holiday than this is the one to take!

1  Thank David H

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My sister has been on this day with Joy the year before and loved it, but I never expected this trip to be so much fun.
I travelled with my partner, his son (10) and my daughter (9), luckily there friends from the hotel joined us the same day, which was extra special.

From setting off in the speedboats to returning back at the hotel, Vaughan (Joy's son) was fabulous, he was well versed on the island history and nothing was too much trouble to ask, he was attentive to the children, having a joke with them, which they loved.

They take you to the Pitons and you do the whole Sulphur Springs and mud bath thing, bat cave, then for a wonderful traditional lunch, cooked by Joy's family on a local beach, then snorkelling in an area packed full of marine fish, no need for snorkel equipment, it's waiting for you on the beach.

On our return, Vaughan suggested we look for dolphins, can you imagine the joy when just out of the bay, we came across 300+ bottle nosed dolphins, I cannot express how amazing this site was, they were jumping at the side of the boat, and the dolphins just kept coming in their hundreds.

I will never forget the look on my daughters face, as we viewed this spectacle.

A trip you must do whilst in St Lucia

1  Thank CEM1011
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at St James Club, morgan bay in June and after hearing great reviews about this trip booked for a party of 4. The $100 each we paid was worth every single penny (or cent). Three boats went out on the day of our trip, there was 14 in our boat, 14 in another and a smaller boat with 7. The smaller boat contained a family of 5 and another couple which set off on its own (felt sorry for the other couple though because I think they would've preferred to be on one of our boats). Our boat and the other boat set off together and our guides (Johnson & John) were interacting with the guides from the other boat (Vaughn was one of them).

It was fantastic fun from start to finish, great sights to see, lovely food and an amazing party on the way back. Everybody on the two boats really let their hair down and had fun. I would definately recommend this trip and will be booking it again myself whenever I return to St Lucia.

1  Thank mikcol
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Joy hangs on the beach at the resort I stayed at and is not pushy. I was told to find the guy on the beach for the best cruise...and it was! Joy's crew and I believe family take you out for an awesome day for a decent price! They take you to the Pitons and you do the whole Sulphur Springs and mud bath thing. I was a solo traveler and his staff does a great job keeping an eye on you. And his boys were only to happy to help me with my mud...but remained very respectful thankfully. They also take you to the Mineral Falls then snorkeling by the Pitons. They provide the snorkeling gear as well. They also take you past some cool sites such as the arch and a bat cave. Then the secluded beach where they feed you an amazing BBQ lunch. Homemade sides and grilled tuna and chicken. You leave around 8:45 and return to your hotel around 4ish. On the way back they hand out beer.
This was well worth the trip and the cost. As a solo traveler it was a great way to see the main areas of the island in the beginning of my trip to plan ahead.

1  Thank GypsySayra
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Best multi-adventure experience on the island. Incredibly convenient, was picked up at our hotel. Started off on a great speed boat ride to Soufriere, followed up with an exhilarating dip in the mud springs. Then relaxed a bit in the sulfur springs before we had our most delicious meal on our trip, homemade barbecue. Everyone on staff was incredibly friendly, personable, and eager to make our trip memorable. We especially recommend going with Eric, who was an absolute sweetheart. We cannot recommend this enough!

- Captain Popeye from Miami