Boucan by Hotel Chocolat
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$206
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$428
  • Beachfront
$680
$595
$693
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Breakfast included
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$85
Hotels.com
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbar experienceluxe lodgebar tourthe beancocoa nibspetit pitonrabot estateinfinity poolguest relations managerst luciasugar beachcocoa treeboutique hotelchocolate treatssunset cruisehotel's boatbeach shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had lunch at the restaurant at the Boucan Hotel. We did not stay at the hotel.

The food is of the highest quality and very very interesting with extensive use of chocolate (to be expected). The presentation is second to none and the taste follows through. We were a party of 7 and everybody was very pleased with the choices, the fish and chips with chocolate mushy peas were especially enjoyed as was the chocolate fondant.

No review would be compete without a word about the view. It is truly magical overlooking the petite Piton and the cocoa plantation.

We visited from the North of the island as part of a day trip by boat and I would recommend doing that same - not least because the return journey gave me a chance to sleep off the excellent lunch !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Judy B, Head of Guest Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Visiting by boat is a great idea. We also have our own 2 private hotel boats, Boucanier I and II which we use to whisk our guests to beaches and coastal experiences.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

First, the view: it is hard not to have a gorgeous view in St. Lucia, but this open air restaurant's vistas are breathtaking.

Their focus on chocolate is never gimmicky...I was initial afraid of that. Everything was not only delicious, but inventive. They started us with bread and three dips, one of chocolate and balsamic vinegar, a butter with cocoa nibs and a pesto of nuts. We were practically fighting over crumbs to dip when the waiter brought more bread.

My wife had the gaspacho, which was bright and flavorful. I had the fishroti, which was fine, but the fish was a bit dry and the whole a touch bland for my taste. The goat cheese salad my daughter had was nice, and the chocolate vinaigrette was a nice surprise without being cloying. My son had fish and chips, which was a bit dry, also ... the fish didn't hold up well to frying, but at least it was local, and the sides were great.

They have a battle of the rum punch, British vs. French, and I tried both. I suggest you do, too.

If my review doesn't sound glowing, perhaps I'm being too nitpicky; the sum is greater that the total of the parts. We enjoyed it immensely. This is definitely worth an excursion to dine.

Stayed: April 2014
Judy B, Head of Guests Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

We agree, at Boucan the sum always feels greater than the total of the parts - it's magical.
Really appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I went here on the second part of our honeymoon. This hotel is what bumped our honeymoon from "fun and exciting" to "romantic, majestic and breathtaking". When we walked in our luxe lodge, I remember telling my husband that "now I REALLY feel like we are on a honeymoon". The rooms are amazing. Comfortable bed with mosquito nets all around. VERY spacious. The shower alone was about as big as my closet. The views are insane. The food is even more insane. You think you would get sick of chocolate themed foods, but you don't! We did the tree to bar experience which was fantastic. You learn a lot and you get to make chocolate bars at the end. We also did the hike up the pitons. Unless you are in great shape, I wouldn't recommend this. I am in great shape and was having thoughts of honestly not making it back down. For 1/2 the hike I felt like I was rock climbing instead of hiking. I would come back to this resort in a heart beat. Only negative is that this is a quiet resort. There isn't much to do on the property besides relax at the small pool, do the nature walks or the tree to bar experience. This is the perfect location if you are looking to do excursions since you are close to a lot of the experiences St. Lucia has to offer. If you are visiting St. Lucia I would recommend staying at a hotel that is on the beach for a few days and then ending the trip at Hotel Chocolat for 2 - 4 nights.

Room Tip: The LUXE lodges are great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank afriemel

'Insane views and insane food'! - love it,thanks so much.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had a lovely relaxing stay here. Be aware you are not on the beach and the pool is not great but if you want to relax, enjoy a fabulous chocolate tour with Cuthbert and drink delicious rum punch then this is the place for you. Great view of the Pitons but no direct view of the sea. Bathroom in luxury lodge is great but there is no air conditioning in rooms and high season would be horrendous. Fabulous boat shuttle to beach. Not somewhere you would take the children. Staff were all lovely.

Room Tip: Luxury lodge has great bathroom space and private balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank C M

Thanks. We are pretty high up and the breeze comes right through even in high season.
Glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We booked this holiday for a relaxing, romantic and recuperating holiday (7 days). Our intention was to do as little as possible and simply clear the mind...there's no TV, no major hotel entertainments, etc. but don't worry there is free Wi-Fi if you really need it! The travel agent even checked with us before booking that this was what we wanted.
The venue is stunning, the rooms are superb and all the staff are friendly and passionate about chocolate and ensuring you have the best possible time - nothing is a problem - just ask. Tree to bar experience is a must to help you appreciate what goes into a bar of chocolate - your host Cuthbert is a real St Lucian character that loves his profession, and its infectious. The beach shuttle is fantastic, a private (resident guests only) speed boat to the beach...and is included in the price. You can also book the boats for a sunset cruise, we did for my birthday treat and wow what an experience. Attentive and knowledgeable crew, great food, drinks and fizz - just sit back and relax. Take a good pair of trainers to wander the estate trails and take in the breath taking scenery. Everyone we met whilst walking was very friendly and helpful and your room comes with a mobile phone (set up to speed dial the hotel) for you to take on your walk should you need it, but just ask the locals they really are friendly and helpful. The food is to a very high standard and whilst chocolate based, we never felt it was over bearing - even after a week. We understand that some people feel that the food service can be a bit slow at times, but this never bothered us. Our advice would be to take any issues up with the staff who, in our experience, will do their upmost to rectify any problems straight away - they really do just want you to have a great experience.

Room Tip: if you can afford the extra for the Luxe lodges then its worth every penny.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 288SimonS288
Judy B, Head of Guest Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thanks for describing our beach shuttle. It really is the only way to take your beach time - whisked there by our liveried boat and crew and picked up again!