Boucan by Hotel Chocolat
Anse Chastanet(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$390
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$312
$303
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$165
$400
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $488/night.

La Haut Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$117
Hummingbird Beach Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$149
  • Breakfast included
$133
Villa des Pitons(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
$120
$689
$612
Jade Mountain Resort(Soufriere)
$1,602
$1,110
All reviewsbar experienceluxe lodgebar tourthe beancocoa nibspetit pitonrabot estateinfinity poolguest relations managerst luciasugar beachcocoa treesunset cruiseboutique hotelhotel's boatbeach shuttlechocolate treats
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I loved every minute of my stay at Hotel Chocolat! The stunning views of Petit Piton, the luxurious accommodation, the friendly and helpful staff, the delicious food.....every detail was perfect. On the night of my birthday, we were given a private table down by the pool that made the celebration extra special - and I was even treated to a "Happy Birthday" serenade! Standards at this hotel are exceptionally high - it's definitely not a budget option but the whole experience more than justifies the cost. I've started saving up to come back as soon as possible!!

Room Tip: There is a large water feature in the centre of the guest accommodation area - if you're a light sleeper, it's best to avoid the pods right behind. The pods to the side are quieter but not so shaded by the trees and may be hotter during the day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Puffin_Whisperer
Judy B, Head of Customer Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

We would love to have you back and delighted you enjoyed the Private Dining at Club Boucan for your birthday

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My son was married here this past weekend and everything exceeded our expectations. The hotel is beautiful, the food is first class,the staff is wonderful, and the scenery is spectacular. We would recommend this resort to everyone who wants to have the ultimate experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank 09876eat
Judy B, Head of Customer Relations at Boucan by Hotel Chocolat, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Loved having you all to stay and thanks so very much for this lovely review.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I and 30 of our friends and family just spent an incredible 3-day wedding weekend at Hotel Chocolat. We had high expectations of this hotel given all the rave reviews in various magazines, and the hotel still managed to far exceed our expectations- in terms of the service, the food, the lodging, and the natural beauty of the island.

Planning the wedding...
When I told the hotel that I wanted to plan a 3-day weekend, Lorna and Judy from the hotel reached out to me to begin planning, and were able to accommodate all of my requests- beach BBQ? No problem. Guest with a severe peanut allergy? On top of it. Set up a chupah and arrange for flowers? Done. Recommend local restaurants AND negotiate a deal for our group? they did that too!! They were able to orchestrate and flawlessly execute the entire weekend and even went as far as being at each destination (even all the places off the resort) ahead of time to make sure everything was set up just right and that our guest with the peanut allergy knew what he could and could not eat. AMAZING service and attention to detail!!

The food....
Was superb! Our group is really into food- my mom is the toughest food critic I know, my husband's brother is a chef, and my husband and I love eating everything NYC has to offer... So the bar was set high! Again, the food impressed us all, even my mom. Chef Ron and his team did a great job at the reception dinner and the beach BBQ (the ribs fell off the bone, and the BBQ sauce- not my wedding, was the talk of the night!). The breakfasts were also unbelievable!!! Fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, granola, toast, smoothie shots- a dream breakfast for those really into breakfast (I am).
As for the wedding cake, Lorna moonlights as a pastry chef and baked and iced my two-tier fruit cake wedding cake HERSELF. It was as delicious as it was beautiful!

The Ceremony location....
Was at the Ridge, which was higher up in the mountains and had a clearing which overlooked both the Gros and Petit Pitons. It was more beautiful than I could have imagined and so much better than even the photos. There was no rain, but had there been, Judy and Lorna were at the ready with a tent. Just in case.

The lodges
We stayed in a luxe lodge with grand views of the Pitons. It was the most noticeable aspect of the room, but there was a ton of good stuff in the details. The room was very very clean and well-designed and constructed. All the finishings are very high end, with the most outstanding aspect being the open-roof shower with 1mx1m rain shower head. There are earplugs, eye masks, and natural mosquito repellant provided. However, neither the noise nor the mosquitos were an issue. Falling asleep at night to the sounds of the forest was incredibly relaxing, and awaking to the sound of birds chirping is a luxury when you're coming from NYC. Additionally, we got chocolate, cookies and nuts everyday along with a bottle of prosecco when we arrived, all compliments of Chester the hotel manager, who was always making sure we had everything we needed.

The pool party
The pool deck is well-appointed with loungers, rocking chairs, and a bar. The infinity pool is even more beautiful than the photos and was a spectacular place to throw a midnight pool party/dance party. The late-night snacks we had previously arranged were delicious of course, and were a welcome treat after a long night of drinking.

The Staff...
Was extremely friendly, competent, professional and accommodating. Great staff.

Tree to Bean Tour
Pre-cemony, we took our group on this tour and it was so informative and fun! My husband and I and our parents got to graft our own cocoa tree. We were told that it would be planted and cultivated, and in a few years it would be ready to harvest for chocolate. The whole process felt somewhat ceremonial, and was the perfect pre-ceremony bonding activity for our families.

The chocolate
Yes, it really is that good. Wish i could have it everyday. The dishes at the restaurant incorporated cocoa in a lot, if not all of the dishes, but never was it overpowering or repetitive.

Our guests...
Could not believe such a place exists. They had a great time at the hotel and the weekend!

It was a weekend I will remember forever, and I have Hotel Chocolat and Lorna and Judy and the staff to thank for that. I cannot wait to return to this place, and my only regret is that it was only a 3-day weekend, not 4 or 5!

Room Tip: Luxe lodge 7 has the best view of the piton and the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank HelenaW1026

Truly humbled by your words... the nicest review ever. Thank you.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Intresting place I'm generaly not to craizy about this modern type of cooking, I generaly love convervative type of French old style coocking!
Well I have a soft spot for chocolat, the darker the better, so I tried. Love it. Nice dining room, excelent service, Fantastic food, amuse bouch bread with that chocolat balsamic dressing, the Citrus salad with white chocolat dressing,The dorado with creme leak...very nice flavors...
Not every day meal fantastic idea!

Room Tip: This review is for the restaurant only
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pascall1117

Glad we won you over!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was the most amazing hotel and worth every penny. Everything about this hotel feels new, clean, and extremely high quality: the linens, bath products, furniture, and rooms. We stayed in a luxury pod and it was absolutely incredible. The bathroom alone is bigger than most NY apartments. The outdoor shower is awesome and the toiletries are generous and smell very good. They even provide an extremely high-powered, nice hair dryer.

I absolutely loved not having a TV. They provided an ipod in the room with 672 songs on it, which were awesome to put on random and listen to while we lounged in the chaise lounge chairs on the deck with drinks and our books, or watched the sunset. The views were absolutely breathtaking. Also, I had no problems with mosquitoes at all. The mosquito netting around the bed was very effective and easy to use.

The restaurant is ridiculously good as well. They give you bread with chocolate butter and a chocolate dipping sauce to start your meal. How can you not love that? The chocolate in the food is understated and high quality so you really don't get tired of it. And the breakfast is the best ever - high quality food and plentiful portions.

My only complaints are:
- the boat was out of service while we were there, and I really wanted to do one of the boat excursions.
- there were mistakes on our bills multiple times. After leaving dinner we had things on our bill that we did not order twice, and at checkout they had charged us for taking things from the mini bar that we did not take. However, after pointing out the mistakes they quickly fixed it. I would just make sure to review your bills.
- I understand it was rainy season while we were there, but it rained a lot, which, in the open floor plans of the lodges, made everything feel wet all the time. Also, the grounds are extremely slippery when wet - many of the stone walkways and the wooden steps leading up to the main restaurant/check in area become dangerously slippery when wet. Considering it is in a rain forest and often wet, this is a potentially dangerous combination.

Overally I absolutely loved this resort and would highly recommend it. It can get a bit expensive, but it's a perfect place to reconnect with your significant other.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank doubleheel16

What a lovely review, thank you! Please come back and see us again and we will ensure our boat is out of the boat yard.