“Healthy, local cuisine!”

Bamboo Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 35 Restaurants in Soufriere
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bamboo Restaurant at Fond Doux Plantation & Resort in St. Lucia offers up sumptuous Caribbean and international cuisine in beautiful, tropical environs. The restaurant offers a la carte lunch and dinner dining. Set amidst the lush gardens of the resort, diners can enjoy the truly magical ambiance of a tropical setting.
Reviewed April 24, 2012

After a tour of Soufriere's drive-in volcano, we were famished and welcomed the invitation to have lunch at the Jardin Cacao restaurant at Fond Doux Estate-just a mile or so from the Springs. Can you imagine being greeted with fresh juice and punches, we were told was made from fruit crops grown on the plantation? The soup, the lunch was sumptuous- again all vegetables and staples were grown right there. Oh..the mahi mahi was delicious....We finished with deserts made from fresh fruit -I had a flambe' -all banana glazed with caramel topping! It was indeed a glorious day and all I wished was that I could remain right there with the restaurant staff!!!!!!

1  Thank Davis M
Fonddoux, Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

“Thank you for your incredible review”

We are so humbled by your comments. All of our fruits and vegetables are grown on the estate. Our Chefs uses our organic produce to create their mouthwatering and Healthy Cuisine. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your Lunch and the Tour of the Plantation.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you again.

Eroline/Lyton Lamontagne

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Jardin Cacao is by far the best restaurant in Soufriere. The overall atmosphere is amazing. The service is excellent and the best part of this restaurant is the food.
Hmm!! My mouth is watering by just thinking about the food. You need to try the Cocoa Fond Doux. I'm in love with this drink.

Fonddoux, Manager at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent dining experience at our Jardin Cacao Restaurant. Our main aim is to continue to provide excellence cuisine to our guests.

We are happy that you enjoyed your meal. We have received rave reviews about our Cocoa Fond Doux. Our food and Beverage team always encourage our guests to try this drink. It has become one of our signature cocktails.

Thank you once again for your support.

Eroline/Lyton Lamontagne

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant during our stay at Fond Doux and found that the food had more of an authentic local flavour than some of the others in the area. The specials were delicious, and the food was always fresh.

Fonddoux, Owner at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and review of our restaurant.

We continue to strive to offer an authentic dining experience. Our chef draws upon Caribbean and French influences to create local Creole masterpieces using the freshest organic fruits and vegetables harvested daily from the surrounding estate. We offer daily dinner specials to give our guests the option to sample other dishes which are not on the day to day A le carte menu.

We look forward to serving you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Visited in March to take a tour of the plantation following a recommendation in my guide book. Unfortunately we hadn't realised that the plantation tour is now only offered as part of a lunch package. The cost was US$30 each but we agreed. The 3 course lunch was okay, the meat rather fatty for my taste, but fine overall. After lunch a few of the diners were gathered up for the tour.

The website says "The tour is both Historic and Educational where our knowledgeable guides take you on a journey of French Kings, Chocolate and Organic fruits and vegetables." While the guide was lovely and pointed out trees and crops on our short tour I guess I felt it was a bit of an anticlimax. It was over in 15-20 ish minutes and while we saw a couple of caoco trees and other plants, I dont think I learnt anything about the history of the place, nor did we see much of the cocoa production. The tour ended much sooner than I imagined and we only saw a very small part of the estate, more like walking leisurely around a large, albeit very beautiful, garden.

We felt a little bemused with what was offered and I guess if asked we wouldn't recommend it as good value for money. Perhaps my expectations were too high, but it is difficult to know what you are getting before purchasing. Detailed information would be a bonus.

Obviously as a non-guest I cannot comment on the hotel.

1  Thank beckiecook
Fonddoux, Owner at Bamboo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for your comments.

We have taken careful notes of your points regarding your plantation tour.

Most of our guests give excellent ratings on the tour & lunch package and rave reviews.

We hope that we may be able to serve you again in the not too distant future.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 29, 2012

We stayed at Ladera and were looking for somewhere more reasonably priced for a meal. We had read good reviews and gave it a go. It was an interesting experience, I had a fairly bland salad to start and my husband had the souskaye which is a fish stew and was very fiery. We had some nice shrimps for main but made the mistake of ordering conche fish not realising it was sea snails. Not to my taste! The staff were very friendly but very busy so not hugely attentive. There was also a table of very drunken people in the restaurant which somewhat detracted from the ambience. Overall not the best.

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

We are sorry that you had such an experience with us.

We have taken your comments and feedback on board and have improved the coordination of the kitchen and restaurant team to serve our guests better.

We would very much like to have another opportunity to serve you.