“Pretty good, kind of pricey”

Water Front De Belle View
Ranked #17 of 34 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Description: Facing the harbour, a few buildings south of Mystic Man Tours
Description: Facing the harbour, a few buildings south of Mystic Man Tours
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Food was good, but it's a bit pricier than it's worth. Ask for the cocoa tea though - it's not on the menu but it's worth it!

2  Thank Cgerbs
There are newer reviews for Water Front De Belle View

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had yard bird here and my wife had a chicken roti. I thought it was good but my wife got sick. It could have been that her stomach was not used to the food. Not sure. Overall the service and view was terrific.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We read about this restaurant on tripadvisor and it was also recommended by one of our cab drivers as a place for local Creole so when we went into the town of Soufriere we checked it out. It was a little hard to find the entrance (just an open door into a hallway) but there was a sign outside that indicated the restaurant was upstairs. Locals know this restaurant as Brian's Place so if you're looking for it, try asking someone for it by that name. It's a small place with brightly colored tablecloths and shutters that open out to a view of the docks, which aren't very pretty to look at, but being up a level gives you a different perspective.

The service was very nice and the food was good for the price. I had the yard bird curry (local chicken) and my husband had the fish burger. The curry came with several sides that were nice to try to get a feel for some of the local flavors, and it was mildly spiced.

If we had more time in St. Lucia we would have lunch there again.

1  Thank Reganhr
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I found this quaint, family-owned, restaurant only two days before leaving Soufriere and ate the remainder of my meals there. The food was delicious and very well suited my taste buds as I realized a lot of the native foods I had experienced were too "harsh" for my palate. Hearty portions are served at a reasonable price by a friendly staff. It was delightful to sit at the window, look out over the sea, and watch the locals move about.

1  Thank Mona0527
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Had a good lunch at Waterfront de Belle View. The view is not great because of all the electrical wires running in front of the second floor windows, but the food is wonderful and very reasonably-priced. Not sure why Petit Peak is rated higher. The food and decor were more enjoyable at de Belle View for a similar, but slightly better price.

1  Thank WanderingCanuck100