“Authentic”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We told our taxi/guide that we wanted something authentic and we ended up at Fedo's. It was well worth the out of the way location. I tried the chicken and my friend ordered the pepper steak. The meal featured local veggies, etc. Many of these we had just seen at the botanical gardens! The prices were very reasonable. I recommend this place to everyone.

1  Thank Kim B

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great value food cooked with local sauces. Try the chicken and the lamb. but tricky to find in the town, we had to ask several times for directions. The staff were friendly.

1  Thank Corinnauk
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Loved this place and it's chicken! We also tried the tuna, it had bones...so be careful! The veggies were also very good! Bread fruit was my favorite!!!!! I stopped at this place on a tour so I don't know how hard it is to find like all the other reviews stated. If you're in town for the day, contact Real St. Lucia Tours...they were the best tour company!

1  Thank penguin4580
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had lunch here Tuesday while on our private day tour of St Lucia with Real St Lucia Tours. Our driver Sammy called in our order early in the morning and then again when we were 10 minutes from the restaurant. Server was perfect and quick, even gave us a picture of water for the table, which is a change from the high end restaurants which find it hard to refill water glasses.
Now the food. Authentic local food. We had the chicken and fish (tuna steak) plate. The meal came with the entree, rice, and a bunch of local veggies. Both the chicken and tuna were cooked with local Caribbean spices.
This is a small local restaurant with about 7 tables, but in the 30 minutes we were eating lunch, there mush have been 10 or so people come in to get To-Go orders.
If you are in the Soufriere area around lunch time, stop in at Fedo's for a nice local lunch.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had the fish dinners, and loved it. It seemed authentic to us (local produce, local fish). I was worried when I heard "creole" that it would be spicy, but it wasn't spicy at all - just flavorful. The price was very good.

1  Thank Kim E