“Very solid, tasty creole.”
Review of Archie's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Archie's
Ranked #28 of 35 Restaurants in Soufriere
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Its solid, great tasting creole. Yes the choices are going to be just a few items as has been mentioned. Yes Soufriere is going to feel a bit different then here in the states - though personally I didn't find the town to be any less safe then anywhere else I've visited. Yes, your options are going to be less then the resorts south of town. But this is quality food at some very inexpensive prices. Lots of locals popped in and out while we were there, and the drinking and dining made for a great time. We ate here three times, twice for dinner and once for rotis to take back. If you're in Soufriere, visit.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

At this bar you can't get more local than that! The prices are great and realllllly cheap compared to the other tourist places so you can drink and eat to your hearts pleasure without hurting your pocket! The lady at the bar was really friendly and helpful! I had a piece of fried chicken and it was really good! We also had Accra which are fish cakes made with salt fish and they were amazing! Next time I will return to hang out here! Real local scene if that's what you are looking for!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Despite the annoyed demeanor of the waitress at Archie's, the food is amazing and Archie himself is a darling. If you go in expecting a bit of an icy reception from the waitress, and remember that it is not personal, just her personality, then you will be hard pressed to find a better place to go for good, cheap, local daily meals. The goat curry with ground provisions are wonderful, the fry bread in the morning is divine, and if you ask early in the day, Archie will procure some local fish for your dinner. When I travel I like to eat local and stay local, and on a small island like St. Lucia that is overrun by mega-resorts, Archie's is a great place to do just that.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you're on a budget, this place is for you. The daily meals are inexpensive and tasty while the service is friendly. The woman working said I looked like a white version of her nephew in NY and I told her I felt at home in her restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner here during our one-week stay in Soufriere. The person who seated us acted like we were inconveniencing her. She cared more about socializing with the people in the front room. Once seated, she told us there were two options available tonight - fish or chicken. When I asked if I could get a vegetarian plate, she flat out said "no". When I asked again if I could just get a plate of the sides, she acted like it was a huge bother to her once again!
My husband opted for the chicken plate - it came with beans, salad, and the local vegetables (dasheen, slightly cooked banana, etc). He said it was "ok". Good presentation, but chicken was cold. My dish ended up being cabbage/salad with butter, another cabbage/salad with a nice vinegar-like dressing, rice, and the local veggies. I enjoyed it, even though it was a ton of food! An earlier review mentioned plantains, fried breadfruit, and figs - we didn't get any of those items.
The woman who was the cook and served us our meals was very cordial, unlike the woman who sat us at our table. We paid the cook/server - the price was very good at about $18USD. As we were leaving, the rude woman who sat us stated very accusatory "aren't you going to pay your bill"?!
An earlier review also mentioned that this isn't a safe area - we witnessed a fight outside of here two nights earlier between a local man & woman, but the cops were promptly called and it was eventually settled. It does seem to be the major strip that cars and local people go through repeatedly on Friday & Saturday nights.