“Cheap and good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Cheap and good”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

If you're on a budget, this place is for you. The daily meals are inexpensive and tasty while the service is friendly. The woman working said I looked like a white version of her nephew in NY and I told her I felt at home in her restaurant.

Visited April 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food, Lousy Service”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I ate dinner here during our one-week stay in Soufriere. The person who seated us acted like we were inconveniencing her. She cared more about socializing with the people in the front room. Once seated, she told us there were two options available tonight - fish or chicken. When I asked if I could get a vegetarian plate, she flat out said "no". When I asked again if I could just get a plate of the sides, she acted like it was a huge bother to her once again!
My husband opted for the chicken plate - it came with beans, salad, and the local vegetables (dasheen, slightly cooked banana, etc). He said it was "ok". Good presentation, but chicken was cold. My dish ended up being cabbage/salad with butter, another cabbage/salad with a nice vinegar-like dressing, rice, and the local veggies. I enjoyed it, even though it was a ton of food! An earlier review mentioned plantains, fried breadfruit, and figs - we didn't get any of those items.
The woman who was the cook and served us our meals was very cordial, unlike the woman who sat us at our table. We paid the cook/server - the price was very good at about $18USD. As we were leaving, the rude woman who sat us stated very accusatory "aren't you going to pay your bill"?!
An earlier review also mentioned that this isn't a safe area - we witnessed a fight outside of here two nights earlier between a local man & woman, but the cops were promptly called and it was eventually settled. It does seem to be the major strip that cars and local people go through repeatedly on Friday & Saturday nights.

• Visited August 2011
“Great food, sketchy location.”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The food was wonderful here. Very delicious. We were here after dark though and a a couple of kids tried to steal my husbands backpack. Definitely go- just during the day.

Denver, Colorado
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We showed up and there are no menus here. The options were chicken, pork, or fish and all 3 come with the same plate of extras. The extras were not very good, super plain ground provisions, boring plantains, dull beans etc. The servers were fairly rude and only came by to take the order and never stopped by again. We wished we had eaten somewhere a second time rather than stop by here.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank chuzzbro
Virginia Beach, VA
“Try The Beef Roti at Archie's in Soufriere”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We were getting a little tired of the food in the hotel where we were staying, and someone recommended Archie's on Bridge Street. When we first walked in the front door, we encountered a dozen or so locals having a party, probably a nightly affair. The woman at the bar directed us to the rear, where we found a number of tables set for dinner. We had been told about the roti, so we decided to give it a try. My wife had the chicken roti while I had the beef. Wonderful! In fact, we liked it so well that we returned a couple of night later. This time we both had the beef roti, which my wife liked even better than the chicken. And it goes without saying that all food tastes better when accompanied by a Piton.

• Visited May 2011