“The Hummingbird Restaurant”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Hummingbird Restaurant at the Hummingbird Hotel in Soufriere, St. Lucia. I did not stay at this hotel, but up the street a bit. It was within walking distance to my hotel. I really enjoyed the two lunches I had there. Since I was alone, I chose to eat at the bar. It was a little late in the day and it was quiet in the restaurant. I did enjoy their Ploughman’s lunch both times. It consisted of cheese, vegetables, bread and fruit. It was so beautifully presented I even took a photograph of it.

1  Thank Turner S
There are newer reviews for Humming Bird

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Over the past 12 days we have been in Grenada and St Lucia eating out every night and so far the bill in the Hummingbird was the highest (EC$330) and whilst the food was OK and the service friendly it seemed hard to justify such a high price. There is not much competition in Soufreire itself (you have to drive to the resorts out of town for decent food) but on a Friday night there was only one other couple in the restaurant so I get the impression they have priced themselves out of the market.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

It was expensive, especially when you consider that it is in a third world country, but it was very nicely appointed. The service was excellent and the food was good.

The annoying thing was that the waiter could not make an Irish coffee, (he brought me the coffee and the whisky separately and did not know about the cream) but he got it right at the third attempt and it was very good. Poor guy was very embarrassed which is a shame.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband & I have visited The Hummingbird for dinner twice now: Tuesday, August 2nd as it was one of the few places open during the bad rain storm, and last night, Friday, August 5th. On both nights he tried to order Mushroom Stroganoff, but they were out of mushrooms. He ended up with two of the chicken dishes - he preferred the grilled chicken breast with a cherry based sauce, although he enjoyed both. I got the crepe jardiniere, minus the crepe since I can't have gluten. This essentially ends up being veggies with a cheese/cream sauce - yummy. We splurged on drinks last night - the Belle L'Amour, Planters Punch, and a Coconut drink (Lady something...). Really good, $8.00 USD each. The view is right over the ocean. Overall, the meals were a bit pricey, which would be our only concern. Otherwise, well worth a visit!

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at the Still Beach next to the Hummingbird and were pretty disappointed with the prices and quality of the food. We had some decent fish cakes but also a super under-seasoned sandwich. The prices really don't match the quality of the food. You're better off going into town and trying a more local spot.

1  Thank chuzzbro