“Great home cooking”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Miami Beach, Florida
“Great home cooking”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Just got back from St Lucia, and my husband wants to move Martha to Miami so he can eat her cooking. Stayed at Stonefield estates and walked twice to her restaurnant : up and down hills in 100 degrees ( the views were spectacular). Martha's Table has wonderfully seasoned( without being spicy hot) caribean food , generous portions at ridiculously low prices. see you soon, we will be back( specially for your goat)

3 Thank gemini2164

• Czech first
Denver, Colorado
“It's where you dump the tourists!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I liked the food. We drove - yes drove to get here. Only two parking spots here. It's just a house, not really a standalone restaurant. While we sat down to eat two taxis full of honeymooners dumped off their load, which was sad as we were enjoying our quiet lunch. The staff and cook(s) are super friendly. The food was very good as well and yes, the spicy chicken is darn good.

I don't think this place you show up as number 1 in Soufriere. It probably is only because so many tourists come from the resort nearby. That said, we had fun and it was tasty.

3 Thank chuzzbro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Food!! Great Price!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Before we traveled to St. Lucia I was on TA reading all the comments about the local places to eat and things to do. The restaurant Martha's Tables kept catching my eye and I was reading all these great comments about the food. Well, my turn came and I got to go eat with Martha! The food was GREAT! Martha was so kind and made me feel like I was at home getting a home cooked meal. I would recommend anyone going to St. Lucia to go eat at Martha's and get a taste of the local food. Thanks Martha!

2 Thank cecaudell
New York City, New York
“I've never had a better meal”
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Guys, I will cut to the chase... there is nothing better on this earth than Martha's home cooking.
My party happened to stumble across Martha's by accident and, fortunately, she was open for another party who had made a reservation, so we were able to enjoy what she does... which is cook. Like a boss.
We ate like champs, drank like fish and were treated like family.. how can you possible beat that? Don't miss the spicy chicken (seriously. don't. i'll hate you if you don't eat it.) and, if you're lucky, Martha will make you some extra mac'n'cheese (like nothing you've ever had).
Just.. just go here. Just go here right flippin' now so you can actually start living.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank lbenecke
New York City, New York
“Best food in St. Lucia. Fantastic experience. Would fly Martha to NY for Spicy Chicken.”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Martha is an incredible chef, a welcoming host, and my new favorite aunt on St. Lucia. Tucked away within scenic vistas of the Petit Piton, Martha's Tables is not to be missed. After several incredible days of enjoying St. Lucia, my party stumbled on Martha's Tables and unexpectedly received the meal of a lifetime.

Succulent flavors, fresh local produce and meats, and tropical libations-- Martha knows how to deliver!!

This was the highlight of our stay. It was like visiting a favored relative, and enjoying good, down to earth home cooking the way grandma used to make. Recommended for all, Martha's won't disappoint.

Be sure to ask for the "Commodore's Go-Juice" (1 1/2 ounces of Chairman's Reserve Spiced Rum, and the freshest local juice she has available).

best,
seasoned traveler (and martha's newest nephew)

• Visited May 2011